Singapore Expats Forum

40+ ... how to date

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
isabelmirth

40+ ... how to date

Postby isabelmirth » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:00 am

How does one in their 40s date? I am not refering to those pub crawling drinking sessions. Does anyone get asked out for decent dates once they past a certain age? I suppose most are with kids or in a stable relationship.

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Postby Kristii » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:06 am

Im not in my 40's - but my ex boss - and now good friend is - She has 3 kids - she is divorced - but she gets asked out all the time! she is forever living the life and going on dates haha! God luff her!!

This might sound corny - but she has a profile on one of them dating sites - and she meets people for drinks or coffee etc..Shes having an absolute ball!! Not sure if that is your thing but thought i would put it out there :D
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....
I seem to be getting more "sunburnt" here then i did back home lol!

brownR

I'm interested

Postby brownR » Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:26 am

New to this place .. I'm interested to know about your freind's internet site. hehehe!

cc07

Postby cc07 » Sat, 31 Mar 2007 4:05 pm

actually i think Sin is not as supportive as other places. dating agencies "reject" the above 35 crowd (news article just a couple month back). Having said that, because of the various expat people going in and out of singapore and there are always new social groups forming, it think it can be done if you really try. good luck.

Past&Present

Postby Past&Present » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 8:59 am

Not too sure about that but i think it really depends on the individual.

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 1:27 pm

I guess its difficult to find in singapore if above age 40.....best way to find someone neighbouring countries and bring them to singapore.

tibbar

Re: 40+ ... how to date

Postby tibbar » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 2:14 pm

keep an open mind, open heart...kristi sounds right with her 40s friend...who says one stops living life just coz ur at a certain age

of coz its also physical changes, but the spirit and soul is still as in teens, 20s,30s...till 90s...just gotta get that engine cranked up again

isabelmirth wrote:How does one in their 40s date? I am not refering to those pub crawling drinking sessions. Does anyone get asked out for decent dates once they past a certain age? I suppose most are with kids or in a stable relationship.

dexter mccoy

Postby dexter mccoy » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 3:41 am

Find a calendar and fix a right day.

Rosh

organise meeting

Postby Rosh » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 3:47 pm

Why don't we organise a regular gathering for those in their 40s or even late 30s via this forum? Then see how we go.

Count me in.

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Re: organise meeting

Postby Dounut » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:58 am

Rosh wrote:Why don't we organise a regular gathering for those in their 40s or even late 30s via this forum? Then see how we go.

Count me in.

Hum, you start the ball rolling? :roll:

bangers&mash

Postby bangers&mash » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:44 am

Organizing is always very difficult. Sometimes people promise you that they will come but in the end nobody turn up. So only those that really wish to go for the meet up then send their name to the organizer

whiZZ_nixZZ

Postby whiZZ_nixZZ » Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:41 am

Yeah thats rite. Please organise sumthing. Tomorrow valentine days so any outing? Its my off day too and kind of bored sitting at home.

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Wed, 13 Feb 2008 4:49 pm

whiZZ_nixZZ wrote:Yeah thats rite. Please organise sumthing. Tomorrow valentine days so any outing? Its my off day too and kind of bored sitting at home.

So you are looking to "rent" a 1 day's or nite's Valentine ? ? :P :P