Singapore Expats Forum

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chermainrae
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2007
Location: West of Singapore

Postby chermainrae » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:51 am

wow, everyone goin for the 4th may water confi? i'm in the 25th april one.. super fast... they even asked if i can start in mid may... so gan jiong...

i've learnt a lot frm all the post in this thread n the SQ one too n i would like show my appreaciation by sharin my experience through these few rounds...

i arrived at 845 am n the que was already looping toward the narrow path to the kitchen n ballroom side.. when it reached 9, there were even more ppl so my advice is to go b4 9... i step into the interview at ard 1030+ or so.. i was in grp 19.. there were only 3 tat got in out of the 10.. mine was in e room near the toilet behind the ladies tat r checking for ur certification...
Question asked was : Do a brief self introduction and tell us why you would like to join Singapore Airlines...
i had no idea how i even manage to stand, i was totally not controling my actions or wat came out of my mouth... i jus smiled n smiled n talk n talk... when i got out of e room, my fren told me my intro was quite smooth but i could not remember wat i said... jus blanked out... quite scary..

durin the qulification checking, they asked for my original IC and Poly diploma cert... e lady jus tick tick tick on my form n tat's abt it... don't even need the copies of e rest... out of the 3, there is one girl tat sumhow did not go through, i did not hear wat was goin on cos i was busy rumaging through my bag for my stuff n also still in a state of shock... but anyway, there was only 2 of us left...

then we were led to the waitin area for kabaya n we (i n other ger tat got through) joined another grp to make 10... we went into the kabaya room n took height n weight... gosh... i was really shrinked... i'm suppose to b 164cm but they only measured 161cm.. so sad... hope they do not shrink me anymore if not i'll really get kicked...
i went to collect my kabaya, i measured my bottom but not e top cos i got big butt problem... so when i wore it, it was really high at e waist n fit ok but e top, gosh, e 2 ends can't meet at all... so had to run out to get another top.. tis time round i manage to zip up... while waitin in e que to take e walk, i almost fainted... both frm panic as well as breathlessness...
we had to walk forward, then turn to the right n then to the left n back to e interviewer... all through a smile was plasted to my face... e lady also told me to lift my fringe... Oh ya, hair was also all tied up into a (messy) bun...

then to skin check... e lady tat's checkin was talkin to e ger in front of me for so long... but when it was my turn, she jus told me lift ur fringe, look right, look left, turn around, turn back, streatch out ur hand, turn it over and OK thank you... i was so sad... y she did not talk to me? Talk to me talk to me... haiz... anyway, when i've already changed out, they asked me to go over again n inspect my hands... i have scars on my hands, frm a fall when skating, chicken pox mark as well as 2 cuts... then she told me, y is ur hand like tat so i told her tat i got it when i was workin in f n b so it was an accident... then other one told me, " if tis post as a problem when u fly, pls conseal" i was like nodding like my head was abt to pop out.. yes yes yes...
they took donkey yrs to discuss, there was another sweet pretty lookin ger which they called back again too, cos she was wearin braces... they told her to try again next time when she takes it out... she was so sad... when they were finish discussing, e lady walk towards me n pulled me aside again n told me " u must help me by consealing ah, i'll fight ur case for u" at tat moment, i think i could really hug n kiss her... so i got through... 7 got in out of the 10...

next round one on one interview... waited for close to 1.5 hrs cos the hr ladies were havin lunch... my tummy was rumbling... i was e last in e 7 ladies so when i saw them startin to go in, i was gettin stressed up all over again... when i went in, there were panels set up n i went to e panel c... e lady behind was so pretty.. i've already saw her walkin ard but i did not noe she was one of e interviewere... young n confident...
Question 1: Have you had customer complain abt bad service pertaining to you? ( i've f n b experience)
Question 2: Have you experience bad service yourself?
Question 3: How long do you think you will stay in this job?
lastly, i had to read a passage... time will b given to read once through first then read out loud to her....
finally, i got e slip of paper to register for water confi...
out of the 7, i think 4 or 5 got through....


jus my 2cents worth, tis is my 2nd time trying out... in the first round, i guess they r lookin for sumone tat has character, able to take stress and quick thinking... reason is cos, when u r flyin, there is not much assistance tat u can get n things can b really stressful when time is e factor... so i guess they r lookin for sumone tat is composed, able to hold a fluent conversation wit passengers...

frankly speakin, i'm quite sure tat i'll get kicked during the water confi cos of my hands... :twisted: i guess sumone can't b lucky twice rite? :roll:
but i'm really happy for tis eye openin opportunity... not everyone gets to even try on a kabaya... sounds bimbo but i think tis is really a caracter building experience....

Hope tis long long post can help those tat r goin to try out...
do not give up...

:wink:
~~The SQ Dream~~

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:56 am

chermainrae wrote:wow, everyone goin for the 4th may water confi? i'm in the 25th april one.. super fast... they even asked if i can start in mid may... so gan jiong...

i've learnt a lot frm all the post in this thread n the SQ one too n i would like show my appreaciation by sharin my experience through these few rounds...

i arrived at 845 am n the que was already looping toward the narrow path to the kitchen n ballroom side.. when it reached 9, there were even more ppl so my advice is to go b4 9... i step into the interview at ard 1030+ or so.. i was in grp 19.. there were only 3 tat got in out of the 10.. mine was in e room near the toilet behind the ladies tat r checking for ur certification...
Question asked was : Do a brief self introduction and tell us why you would like to join Singapore Airlines...
i had no idea how i even manage to stand, i was totally not controling my actions or wat came out of my mouth... i jus smiled n smiled n talk n talk... when i got out of e room, my fren told me my intro was quite smooth but i could not remember wat i said... jus blanked out... quite scary..

durin the qulification checking, they asked for my original IC and Poly diploma cert... e lady jus tick tick tick on my form n tat's abt it... don't even need the copies of e rest... out of the 3, there is one girl tat sumhow did not go through, i did not hear wat was goin on cos i was busy rumaging through my bag for my stuff n also still in a state of shock... but anyway, there was only 2 of us left...

then we were led to the waitin area for kabaya n we (i n other ger tat got through) joined another grp to make 10... we went into the kabaya room n took height n weight... gosh... i was really shrinked... i'm suppose to b 164cm but they only measured 161cm.. so sad... hope they do not shrink me anymore if not i'll really get kicked...
i went to collect my kabaya, i measured my bottom but not e top cos i got big butt problem... so when i wore it, it was really high at e waist n fit ok but e top, gosh, e 2 ends can't meet at all... so had to run out to get another top.. tis time round i manage to zip up... while waitin in e que to take e walk, i almost fainted... both frm panic as well as breathlessness...
we had to walk forward, then turn to the right n then to the left n back to e interviewer... all through a smile was plasted to my face... e lady also told me to lift my fringe... Oh ya, hair was also all tied up into a (messy) bun...

then to skin check... e lady tat's checkin was talkin to e ger in front of me for so long... but when it was my turn, she jus told me lift ur fringe, look right, look left, turn around, turn back, streatch out ur hand, turn it over and OK thank you... i was so sad... y she did not talk to me? Talk to me talk to me... haiz... anyway, when i've already changed out, they asked me to go over again n inspect my hands... i have scars on my hands, frm a fall when skating, chicken pox mark as well as 2 cuts... then she told me, y is ur hand like tat so i told her tat i got it when i was workin in f n b so it was an accident... then other one told me, " if tis post as a problem when u fly, pls conseal" i was like nodding like my head was abt to pop out.. yes yes yes...
they took donkey yrs to discuss, there was another sweet pretty lookin ger which they called back again too, cos she was wearin braces... they told her to try again next time when she takes it out... she was so sad... when they were finish discussing, e lady walk towards me n pulled me aside again n told me " u must help me by consealing ah, i'll fight ur case for u" at tat moment, i think i could really hug n kiss her... so i got through... 7 got in out of the 10...

next round one on one interview... waited for close to 1.5 hrs cos the hr ladies were havin lunch... my tummy was rumbling... i was e last in e 7 ladies so when i saw them startin to go in, i was gettin stressed up all over again... when i went in, there were panels set up n i went to e panel c... e lady behind was so pretty.. i've already saw her walkin ard but i did not noe she was one of e interviewere... young n confident...
Question 1: Have you had customer complain abt bad service pertaining to you? ( i've f n b experience)
Question 2: Have you experience bad service yourself?
Question 3: How long do you think you will stay in this job?
lastly, i had to read a passage... time will b given to read once through first then read out loud to her....
finally, i got e slip of paper to register for water confi...
out of the 7, i think 4 or 5 got through....


jus my 2cents worth, tis is my 2nd time trying out... in the first round, i guess they r lookin for sumone tat has character, able to take stress and quick thinking... reason is cos, when u r flyin, there is not much assistance tat u can get n things can b really stressful when time is e factor... so i guess they r lookin for sumone tat is composed, able to hold a fluent conversation wit passengers...

frankly speakin, i'm quite sure tat i'll get kicked during the water confi cos of my hands... :twisted: i guess sumone can't b lucky twice rite? :roll:
but i'm really happy for tis eye openin opportunity... not everyone gets to even try on a kabaya... sounds bimbo but i think tis is really a caracter building experience....

Hope tis long long post can help those tat r goin to try out...
do not give up...

:wink:


Ah. Do let us know how your water confidence test goes okay? Mine's on the 26th. :) Good luck!
★ abnegation; self denial

User avatar
thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 25 Feb 2007

Postby thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:06 am

The lady at the desk to give out the WC forms told us that 25th is more catered for unemployed or those available already. Passers will start in mid day. But she didnt say those who take on later WC dates will start when. prob just weeks apart? not sure..:) good luck u girls! pls share how isit ok?? :)

stupidangelss
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 15 Mar 2007

Postby stupidangelss » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:09 am

chermainrae wrote:
frankly speakin, i'm quite sure tat i'll get kicked during the water confi cos of my hands... :twisted: i guess sumone can't b lucky twice rite? :roll:
but i'm really happy for tis eye openin opportunity... not everyone gets to even try on a kabaya... sounds bimbo but i think tis is really a caracter building experience....

Hope tis long long post can help those tat r goin to try out...
do not give up...

:wink:



chermainrae, don't worry so much and just go for it! you've already made it thru half of the interview process!!!!! gooooood luck! :)

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:48 am

chermainrae wrote:frankly speakin, i'm quite sure tat i'll get kicked during the water confi cos of my hands... :twisted: i guess sumone can't b lucky twice rite? :roll:
but i'm really happy for tis eye openin opportunity... not everyone gets to even try on a kabaya... sounds bimbo but i think tis is really a caracter building experience....


girl, just go for it. i have a whole row of scars on my lower left and right arms from cutting myself (depressed la, don't ask :) ). i used concealer to cover it during the kebaya round but the beauticians noticed it. after everyone changed back, they called me back to the lights cos the 2nd beautician wanted to show the 1st one my scars. she helped me to roll up my shirt sleeves and i was so worried she wld notice the concealer. they discussed for awhile after looking at my arms, but they let me through anyway.

during the WC test, i applied concealer too, it didn't really get washed off from the water. the old woman looked at my arms after i got out of the pool, but she let me through as well. and trust me, the scars can be quite visible, they look like a long row of barcodes.

so you never really know. just apply loads of concealer, and who knows, she might not notice. :)
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

marlboro
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007

Postby marlboro » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:54 am

i wa selected 2 years ago, passed all tests and did the medical. but when it was time to sign the contract, i backed out due to personal problems. now i am trying again but i got cut at the kabaya walk. didnt knoe why. could it be becos i looked at the floor a few times while walking? and i have a scratch on my neck? but that scratch is thos kind that will heal in one week. normal scratch. wat should i do now. any advice?

User avatar
thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 25 Feb 2007

Postby thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:21 pm

marlboro wrote:i wa selected 2 years ago, passed all tests and did the medical. but when it was time to sign the contract, i backed out due to personal problems. now i am trying again but i got cut at the kabaya walk. didnt knoe why. could it be becos i looked at the floor a few times while walking? and i have a scratch on my neck? but that scratch is thos kind that will heal in one week. normal scratch. wat should i do now. any advice?


try again! by the time, ur scratch would have been gone =) work on ur kebaya walk? try nt to look down if u can? not sure if thats why u didnt get in though..:) in fact for my walk, my sandals almost slipped off and i stopped and gave a big smile back to the lady and continued walking. be confident! dun look down k? wun fall down.. even if fall down im sure they'll let u walk again! :D they'll look at our personality from the walk somehow... i guess? :)

marlboro
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007

Postby marlboro » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:25 pm

thanks tinkerbelle, ur words are a big encouragement to mi? u think i should try in june again? shouldnt be a problem rite to go again so soon after got rejected?

User avatar
thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 25 Feb 2007

Postby thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:08 pm

marlboro wrote:thanks tinkerbelle, ur words are a big encouragement to mi? u think i should try in june again? shouldnt be a problem rite to go again so soon after got rejected?


yes...u can. try again! :)

User avatar
thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 25 Feb 2007

Postby thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:15 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:
trevormyboy wrote:
Hi thinkerbelle,
i was cut at the 1 to 1 interview..
would u mind to share what are your 1 to 1 interview questions?


i was asked abt my hobbies for a start, then why do i think i am suitable to be a SIA FS. :)


oh yes, as chermainrae said... i forgot.. they did ask whether i have any customer service experience and tell her abt it :) then she asked if i had any questions. actually i didnt have but i anyhow ask. heeee. then its the passage. but i wasnt given the chance to read thru. she just said "alright, can u flip over the card in front of u and read it to me?" and as i was ending my last sentence, she shoved the slip to me :)
Last edited by thinkerbelle on Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:22 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote:
trevormyboy wrote:
Hi thinkerbelle,
i was cut at the 1 to 1 interview..
would u mind to share what are your 1 to 1 interview questions?


i was asked abt my hobbies for a start, then why do i think i am suitable to be a SIA FS. :)


oh yes, as abnegation said... i forgot.. they did ask whether i have any customer service experience and tell her abt it :) then she asked if i had any questions. actually i didnt have but i anyhow ask. heeee. then its the passage. but i wasnt given the chance to read thru. she just said "alright, can u flip over the card in front of u and read it to me?" and as i was ending my last sentence, she shoved the slip to me :)


Ah. My interviewer was slightly different. First I was asked to read the passage. Then she went on to ask questions. I had like almost 6-8 questions. So many till I lost count. Haha. Was pretty freaked out. Eventually she said "Okay, I'll let you on to the next round." :D
★ abnegation; self denial

stupidangelss
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 15 Mar 2007

Postby stupidangelss » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:51 pm

abnegation wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote:
trevormyboy wrote:
Hi thinkerbelle,
i was cut at the 1 to 1 interview..
would u mind to share what are your 1 to 1 interview questions?


i was asked abt my hobbies for a start, then why do i think i am suitable to be a SIA FS. :)


oh yes, as abnegation said... i forgot.. they did ask whether i have any customer service experience and tell her abt it :) then she asked if i had any questions. actually i didnt have but i anyhow ask. heeee. then its the passage. but i wasnt given the chance to read thru. she just said "alright, can u flip over the card in front of u and read it to me?" and as i was ending my last sentence, she shoved the slip to me :)


Ah. My interviewer was slightly different. First I was asked to read the passage. Then she went on to ask questions. I had like almost 6-8 questions. So many till I lost count. Haha. Was pretty freaked out. Eventually she said "Okay, I'll let you on to the next round." :D


i was asked quite many qs too.
first round: give a brief intro and why i want to join SIA.
1-1: read a passage (was given time to read thru once). followed by qs like what i'm currently doing; give a scenario where i meet a difficult customer and how do you resolve it; what do you know abt the roles of a FS; what will you do if you meet an elderly passenger.
but in b/w she probed some qs which i can't rmb clearly.

but overall, it's all asking abt cx service experience. hope that helps. :)

User avatar
banz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006
Location: singapore

Postby banz » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 3:16 pm

White_Belle wrote:
banz wrote:gal did you know you have to have yr olevel if not you r rejected..coze that was what happen to me..they die die wan my olevel result coze my dip is not from the poly or local dip..hmm just dont get it coze my dip is rec world wide...(iata uftta) guess they just have too many ppl to pick on.. :mad:


Hey banz, i understand the kind of feeling u're facing. Imagine Q-ing for hours & unable to attend the interview. That's indeed demoralizing. I'm also a N' level & Private Diploma holder but surprisingly when they check on my application form, they tick on some important sections (height/qualifications etc..) & asked me to proceed on to the waiting room. I am prepared to be asked to make a u-turn & head home initially.. However, i m too tense up, i did not perform well at my 1st round thus i m out after 1st round..



hmm..dnt mind me askin you gal..in the colume of o,a, levels wat did you write?or leave it blank?wat dip do you have..im sori just curious to kw ga.. :lol:

User avatar
banz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006
Location: singapore

Postby banz » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 3:18 pm

White_Belle wrote:
salvana wrote:Wahahahhah......Banz... u r damn straight foward..... :D
How wasted huh? I didn't get to see u all... .when I called mischa...she said that you guys were at the lobby somewhere near the staircase..... and yeah..I was queuing somewhere around the staircase as well.... but din get to see u all.....

Well....where's our dear mischa? she seems missing after then....
Kinda miss her cheerful spirit here....

Yoohoo....mischa... where are you?? :?


Oh u gals are really there, when i m in the midst of Q-ing, especially when i reached to the Q near the stairs, i saw the group of gals sitting at the lobby next to it.. Somehow i could recognise mischa in the group from her avator she posted here, in my heart i'd still wondering, are all these gals from forum. Well, my guess is right. :)



haha..ya we all where there..you could have join us..y didnt you?

User avatar
banz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006
Location: singapore

Postby banz » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 3:24 pm

geets007 wrote:
banz wrote:
geets007 wrote:
banz wrote:
hana wrote:hi banz can i know how tall are u? did they measure u?


im actually 158..i dnt kw y the lady said that i dnt met the requiment..feels like shit...i belive everyone in this forum feels the same as me too...4 thoese who did not get in i mean..

so did anyone get in?


Hey dear Banz...

I absolutely understand how u feel...i have gone thru tat same shit... before u can get 2 any round itself u get demoralized coz they measure u as below the limit. Same thing when i went in march, they measured me as 157 when i am 159 or 160... sooo embrassing when u juz go there take height measurement after submitting the application form they tell u dont meet the minimum requirements.

i myself am contemplating on whether i should go or not. i didnt go on sat so i have sun in mind but still like i m said in the contemplation state...

cheer up alrightz :) dont feel down




ya man tell me about it...it really feels like shit man so if you do go 4 the sunday 1 do let me kw wat was the out come k..


Hey gal...

i went for the SQ walk-in at 9.30am itself. Surprisingly (or maybe lady luck was next to me)... they didnt measure my height the lady looked at me and said ok move up to hand in ur application form.

But the lady who took my application form for ticking saw my height coz everything was typed except my height was written over in pen as i juz printed out the March application form which i had typed my info into so juz had 2 print it but had forgotten to amend my height. (i stated 159 today and in March i stated as 160) and then she juz saw me again head to toe and told me to proceed. (i was soooo happy and reliefed maybe it was juz my lucky day). So went to wait in the ballroom to watch the stupid video while waiting for discussion round. Discussion round was at about 11.30am, well i had to juz intro myself tatz all after that results were out and I DID NOT MAKE but well i was kinda of happy that i went for the 1st round and not be rejected like the first time in March due to my height.

So ya after tat i left for home was sooo sleepy and tired!!!

But well it was a better experience and many thanks to Tinkerbelle for giving me that little encouraging push to go for it...if i didnt go i would not have know the outcome i faced today :)

Moral of the day: KEEP TRYING

1st attempt: Rejected at the door itself due to height of 157
2nd attempt: Went for discussion round
3rd attempt: Hopefully (keeping my fingers crossed), Kebaya Round lolz

Anyway Congrats :D to all the girls who made it and my sympathy are with those who didnt make it but remember itz not the end of the world so letz all keep trying till we get there girls :D


dnt worry the next one you wil get in..mark my wordzz gal..cheers all the best


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest