Singapore Expats

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 7:46 pm

stupidangelss wrote:
autumn-reverie wrote:Hey stupidangelss & thinkerbelle,
mine is on the 4th too! I live in Serangoon North, maybe can share a cab with stupidangelss. Tinkerbelle you live in Tampines, should be quite near? :)

i chose the lastest date- 4th may cause i think i desperately need to lose weight (BMI way over 20) and to do something about the scars on my back. honestly.. i'm really worried. have never been comfortable wearing a swimsuit due to the above reasons.. hai :(
hey gals, sorry for the late reply. anw, will it be routing a long way if i take the cab from sembawang to serangoon north and then to tampines? i have a direct bus to tampines. and if i'm taking it in the morning, it takes about 30-35mins to reach tampines.

i'm not too sure. what do you gals think?

alright. i have been thinking of ways to conceal the mozzie-scars on my legs for the whole day. :( but if it's covered by the uniform, i hope they won't penalise too much on that.

hey dun worry stupidangelss, if u prefer to take a straight bus, go ahead! sounds more convenient for u.. :) we can always meet up inside there. i have scars too, haha. so lets gambatte together okie?! :)

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 8:04 pm

geets007 wrote:
But well it was a better experience and many thanks to Tinkerbelle for giving me that little encouraging push to go for it...if i didnt go i would not have know the outcome i faced today :)

Moral of the day: KEEP TRYING
no prob geets! someone encouraged me..its my pleasure to have the opportunity to encourage someone too!... :)

im so proud of u!

geets007

Post by geets007 » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:52 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:
geets007 wrote:
But well it was a better experience and many thanks to Tinkerbelle for giving me that little encouraging push to go for it...if i didnt go i would not have know the outcome i faced today :)

Moral of the day: KEEP TRYING
no prob geets! someone encouraged me..its my pleasure to have the opportunity to encourage someone too!... :)

im so proud of u!
:D All the best for your water confidence test Thinkerbelle :)

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:07 am

geets007 wrote: :D All the best for your water confidence test Thinkerbelle :)
thank u!! i needed it! :)

Dreamer Intrinsic
Regular
Regular

Post by Dreamer Intrinsic » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:16 am

Yeah, thinkerbelle, U'd bETTTTTTER pass ah!!

After ALLLLLLL the PM-inggggggggggg. :D :D :D

Anyway, tell me about ur interview process.
Guys and gurls tgt?

Wad did they ask this tym?
when I put my head against your heart, I know I'm home.

emalf
Regular
Regular

Post by emalf » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:56 am

whoa congrats thinkerbelle!

so who else is going for water confidence? fingers crossed for you.

normally most girls will pass as long as you are okay in the water (even non-swimmers too) and you dont have major scars or tattoo so no worries...

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:56 am

Dreamer Intrinsic wrote:Yeah, thinkerbelle, U'd bETTTTTTER pass ah!!

Guys and gurls tgt?

haha wah lao, YES i know... u helped me a lot gurl!! thank u beli much sweetie!! :D :D

im not sure if prev batches had guys and girls together? mine's separate..:)

In my first round.. they didn't post any discussion topic.. two interviewers in the room. A smiley lady, and an indian man. The indian man did ALL the talking, lady said nothing the whole while..haha. Indian man asked us to self intro, but kept interrupting everyone of us with questions one after another, one after another. Quite agonizing! I was okay at first.. until when it's gonna be my turn next and the girl before me was talking, my heart pounded and raced like hell OKAY!! *THUMP THUMP THUMP*!

It almost jumped out! :S Then i tried to gather myself and he called my name. =)

He asked me tough questions!
I started saying something like... "Hi my name is blahblah...and i have been working as a graphic designer... " Then he cut me already! He asked me a series of questions at the same time "So if u study design, why do u want to do this?" "why do u want to throw ur graphic design away?" "if u join us, u cant do design anymore!" :shock:

Man was i stumped. Just looked at him and smile and waited for him to finish asking so many questions. But i dunno why, anything that came thru my mind just came out of my mouth. was kinda surprised i actually responded?? I just quickly said "well *smiles* even though graphic design is still what i like to do, i can still do it in my leisure time, i loved to create things even before i became a designer *smile*. And then he said thank u and stopped my speech already! That might be the shortest self-intro in history!! OMG! i think my turn was less than a minute?? i didnt even get to talk abt my hobbies... or why i wanna join SIA and stuff... and the other girls talked sooo long....talked abt everything... i didnt even get to say 99% of what i prepared to say...:(

when we all went out of the room to wait for results... i seriously thought i was not going to make it...was sooooo down... :(

Then..yay! 6 out of 10 got in!! might be one of the rare grps that has so many ppl in? keep hearing that most grps only have 2-4 ppl who moved on to the next round... :)

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:02 am

emalf wrote:whoa congrats thinkerbelle!

so who else is going for water confidence? fingers crossed for you.

normally most girls will pass as long as you are okay in the water (even non-swimmers too) and you dont have major scars or tattoo so no worries...
thank u emalf! :) :)

but i do have scars :)
i asked the lady at 1-1 round, she told me will be ok if uniform covers it... but so many ppl have doubts abt it saying they do check for scars after the water confidence test. anyway, im just gonna go and hopefully share the good news with u guys soon.. pls pray for me!! :D :D :D

And all the best to those going for the earlier dates of the WC test! pls share ur experience with us ok? :) :)

And those who didnt make it this time... keep trying yea! :) :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:15 am

Congratulations to those whom made it past over the weekend. You're almost there. :)

Hero83

Post by Hero83 » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:01 am

thinkerbelle wrote:haha wah lao, YES i know... u helped me a lot gurl!! thank u beli much sweetie!! :D :D

In my first round.. they didn't post any discussion topic.. two interviewers in the room. A smiley lady, and an indian man. The indian man did ALL the talking, lady said nothing the whole while..haha. Indian man asked us to self intro, but kept interrupting everyone of us with questions one after another, one after another. Quite agonizing! I was okay at first.. until when it's gonna be my turn next and the girl before me was talking, my heart pounded and raced like hell OKAY!! *THUMP THUMP THUMP*!

It almost jumped out! :S Then i tried to gather myself and he called my name. =)

I started saying something like... "Hi my name is blahblah...and i have been working as a graphic designer... " Then he cut me already! He asked me a series of questions at the same time "So if u study design, why do u want to do this?" "why do u want to throw ur graphic design away?" "if u join us, u cant do design anymore!" :shock:

Man was i stumped. Just looked at him and smile and waited for him to finish asking so many questions. But i dunno why, anything that came thru my mind just came out of my mouth. was kinda surprised i actually responded?? I just quickly said "well *smiles* even though graphic design is still what i like to do, i can still do it in my leisure time, i loved to create things even before i became a designer *smile*. And then he said thank u and stopped my speech already! That might be the shortest self-intro in history!! OMG! i think my turn was less than a minute?? i didnt even get to talk abt my hobbies... or why i wanna join SIA and stuff... and the other girls talked sooo long....talked abt everything... i didnt even get to say 99% of what i prepared to say...:(

when we all went out of the room to wait for results... i seriously thought i was not going to make it...was sooooo down... :(

Then..yay! 6 out of 10 got in!! might be one of the rare grps that has so many ppl in? keep hearing that most grps only have 2-4 ppl who moved on to the next round... :)
In my group, the interviewers only asked questions to two persons. I was the first few to give my introduction. Hence, I only said my name, age and hobbies. And our group interview was very short. The earlier two groups ended their interviews only after we were told who's got in. Oh well...

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular

Post by trevormyboy » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:16 am

thinkerbelle wrote:
Dreamer Intrinsic wrote:Yeah, thinkerbelle, U'd bETTTTTTER pass ah!!

Guys and gurls tgt?

haha wah lao, YES i know... u helped me a lot gurl!! thank u beli much sweetie!! :D :D

Hi thinkerbelle,
i was cut at the 1 to 1 interview..
would u mind to share what are your 1 to 1 interview questions?

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:22 am

thinkerbelle wrote:
When is your water confidence test babe?
★ abnegation; self denial

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:38 am

trevormyboy wrote:
Hi thinkerbelle,
i was cut at the 1 to 1 interview..
would u mind to share what are your 1 to 1 interview questions?
i was asked abt my hobbies for a start, then why do i think i am suitable to be a SIA FS. :)

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:39 am

abnegation wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote:

4th may. u gg for WC test too? when? :D

pm..pm..=)

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:40 am

thinkerbelle wrote:
abnegation wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote: thank u!! i needed it! :)

4th may. u gg for WC test too? when? :D

pm..pm..=)
Yup. But mine's on the 26th! Which is this Thursday. ((:
★ abnegation; self denial