Singapore Expats

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:54 pm

M wrote:
stupidangelss wrote:M, so you mean they'll send us an email??
o0o0, we weren't told anything. hahahahaa. except for that precious 2pcs of papers...

i'm pretty nervous because i'm got mozzie-bites on my legs these days.
urghhh. :(
Yup, most probably. It is to confirm the time and date for your attendance. :)
it depends really! they might not send you an email.
for my case, after the 2nd interview was over, they just gave me the letter stating to come on which day and time for the water test + the indemnity form.

didn't receive any email or anything from them after.

stupidangelss, i'm not sure if they'll send you an email, but don't panic if they don't!!!
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:57 pm

autumn-reverie wrote: i chose the lastest date- 4th may cause i think i desperately need to lose weight (BMI way over 20) and to do something about the scars on my back. honestly.. i'm really worried. have never been comfortable wearing a swimsuit due to the above reasons.. hai :(
hey girl, during my water test, i saw some slightly plump girls and there were some skinny girls with stretch marks and cellulite visible too. these girls made it through.

after we come out from the pool, we have to do a short walk towards this nice old lady, and she'll look at us walk, plus ask us to stretch out our arms and look at our face. i don't think she's gonna check your back. its covered when you wear the kebaya anyway.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

tattybear512

Post by tattybear512 » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:08 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:Hey tattybear,
all the best for tmr! i'm sure you'll find it a good experience just like how most of the other girls and i feel :) All the best!

Hey stupidangelss,
Congrats! my interviewer also asked me if i could start in mid-May if accepted. She's really nice, wonder if she's your interviewer too lol. by the way, which date did you choose for your water test? maybe we can go tog! :D

i asked one of the staff if we are allowed to apply 2 days consecutively an she said no as the computer would have our records :S
She's also not too certain when the next recruitment would be, so we'll have to wait. keep checking the site!
:)
Thanx autumn-reverie! cOngrats to u for getting thRu to the secOnd rOund!!!!

:D

did u see any ger with not that perfect complexion getting in?

I'm worried abt my height s well s faCe!

Omg...

Hahaz...

All the beSt to ppl gOing tml!!!
thinGs hapPen jux when u leaSt eXpect it... hOpefully hapPy thinGs hapPen...

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:14 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:Hey stupidangelss & thinkerbelle,
mine is on the 4th too! I live in Serangoon North, maybe can share a cab with stupidangelss. Tinkerbelle you live in Tampines, should be quite near? :)

i chose the lastest date- 4th may cause i think i desperately need to lose weight (BMI way over 20) and to do something about the scars on my back. honestly.. i'm really worried. have never been comfortable wearing a swimsuit due to the above reasons.. hai :(

serangoon north if u take a cab its not very far too! hehe u see if stupidangelss wanna come pick u up from sembawang...hahah.

sheep

Post by sheep » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:22 pm

hey for those who went today, did they ask anyn specific questions for self intro?

and what did they ask during 1-1?

did they check height before of after kebaya walk?

thanks! =P

Dreamer Intrinsic
Regular
Regular

Post by Dreamer Intrinsic » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:45 pm

Omg...

They actually asked u gurls if can start in Mid May?

I kinda expected.

They selected sooo lil gurls from my batch in MArch. Its no wonder the next interview was in april.

They're realllly in need.

Wish i can start in May too, i'd be with my fren.. Sigh.

Anyway, i haven't really read the prev posts so i dun really know who made it but if u did, CONGRATS!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

I rmb feeling exhilarated too!!! :lol:

Those who didn't, well, don't be upset alright?
There will be MORRRRE chances. :)

M, think it'll be slightly easier this tym round? :???:
when I put my head against your heart, I know I'm home.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:24 am

Dreamer Intrinsic wrote:M, think it'll be slightly easier this tym round? :???:
Eh? :???: It really depends on SIA's needs. If there is a demand, selection will be made easier for the interviewees. This was explained by my course facilitator. :devil:

We had like 5 weeks of consecutive intake of fresh trainees with yours coming up next, I think demand should be moderate thus explaining the low passing ratio but of course I can be wrong. :-$

gloss
Regular
Regular

Post by gloss » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:33 am

i got out at the kebaya round..

not sure about why i was booted out..but i kept lookin on the floor while walking in the kebaya, afraid that i wld trip over it.. perhaps tt's one of the factors?

anyone has a rough idea of when the next recruitment wld be? Like what seems to be SIA's recruitment schedule? Once every 3 months?

thanks in adv!

White_Belle
Regular
Regular

Post by White_Belle » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:52 am

I went for the walk-in on 21st & i reached at about 9+am, only get to attend my 1st round at about 1pm. Imagine how long is the waiting time!! I am shocked to see the crowd (somehow it makes me feel like all this people are q-ing for competition like Singapore Idol, Superstar...) Well, as this is my 1st time trying, i could say its definitely a great experience minus the Q-ing part (my feet now ache, all thanks to my heels) Haha!
However, i got booted out at my 1st round.. :( in my group only 2 girls managed to proceed to the next round. I feel kinda disappointing but i could only blame myself, as i'm so tense up, i felt that i did not perform well..
Nevertheless, i'm glad i made up my mind to attend the interview, its really an eye-opening scene. At least now i understand hows the procedure like, it may helps in future recruitment drive, which i can perform better than yesterday. :)

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 1:31 am

tell me abt it..i reached at abt 10.30, was already grp 103. many ppl came after me too. i guess its not surprising if there was 2000 candidates? i queued until noon, the queue behind still snaked around. GAve them my form and was asked to come back at 3.30 for my interview. ended the whole thing at abt 5pm. and i didnt sleep the night before! too excited... :D

hee sheep, they measure our height before we go take our kebaya from the rack :)

White_Belle
Regular
Regular

Post by White_Belle » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 1:40 am

thinkerbelle wrote:tell me abt it..i reached at abt 10.30, was already grp 103. many ppl came after me too. i guess its not surprising if there was 2000 candidates? i queued until noon, the queue behind still snaked around. GAve them my form and was asked to come back at 3.30 for my interview. ended the whole thing at abt 5pm. and i didnt sleep the night before! too excited... :D

hee sheep, they measure our height before we go take our kebaya from the rack :)
u reached abt 10.30am, thats late, i reached at 9+am, i saw the Q was already super long.. Initially i didn't even know where does the Q start from? :)
And i m put to group 59... almost half of yours..
I believe y the waiting time takes so long because there's lunch break for the HR... so no interviews were held at that moment.

geets007

Post by geets007 » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 1:44 am

banz wrote:
hana wrote:hi banz can i know how tall are u? did they measure u?
im actually 158..i dnt kw y the lady said that i dnt met the requiment..feels like shit...i belive everyone in this forum feels the same as me too...4 thoese who did not get in i mean..

so did anyone get in?
Hey dear Banz...

I absolutely understand how u feel...i have gone thru tat same shit... before u can get 2 any round itself u get demoralized coz they measure u as below the limit. Same thing when i went in march, they measured me as 157 when i am 159 or 160... sooo embrassing when u juz go there take height measurement after submitting the application form they tell u dont meet the minimum requirements.

i myself am contemplating on whether i should go or not. i didnt go on sat so i have sun in mind but still like i m said in the contemplation state...

cheer up alrightz :) dont feel down

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 1:48 am

White_Belle wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote:tell me abt it..i reached at abt 10.30, was already grp 103. many ppl came after me too. i guess its not surprising if there was 2000 candidates? i queued until noon, the queue behind still snaked around. GAve them my form and was asked to come back at 3.30 for my interview. ended the whole thing at abt 5pm. and i didnt sleep the night before! too excited... :D

u reached abt 10.30am, thats late, i reached at 9+am, i saw the Q was already super long.. Initially i didn't even know where does the Q start from? :)
And i m put to group 59... almost half of yours..
I believe y the waiting time takes so long because there's lunch break for the HR... so no interviews were held at that moment.

yah...lunch break for them... haha i wasnt the latest lah..so many ppl came after me too.. i am not a morning person..go so early..too stoned cannot be at my best, get to interview first also no use... for me lah! :lol:

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 1:50 am

geets, if u can be 160, try to stretch ur body as tall as u can.. u got a high chance to still make it even if the thing cuts u 2cm short! :)

geets007

Post by geets007 » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 2:03 am

thinkerbelle wrote:geets, if u can be 160, try to stretch ur body as tall as u can.. u got a high chance to still make it even if the thing cuts u 2cm short! :)
Thanks tinkerbelle for the encouragement...as i said sometimes the rejection right at the height measurement itself is too much to take no matter how thick skinned we are...

i m thinking if i should go tmr... i heard from my guy fren it was super super crowded today...well he has got all the qualities but didnt make it... their group discussion qn was "if u were given the chance to be reborn again, would u born as a man or woman"?

actually i have like prepared my outfit and plucked my eyebrows 4 tmr...now juz wondering to go and maybe i may get thru or dont go coz i may get rejected at the height measurement...

in a complete dilemma and confusion