Singapore Expats Forum

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 2:15 pm

zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:caryssa, it can't be covered by the kebaya. The kebaya ends at three-quarter sleeve right? It's rather faint.. Hm.. Okay, maybe i try covering up with concealer.

I'm just afraid if I tick 'No' and they find out that i do have a birthmark, it would count as dishonesty isnt it? :(


i am having a dilemma on that as well! except i have a few blemishes and i know i can cover by concealer (i hope gotta go get one) but im not sure if i should tick yes or no. :???:


yah zombofi..same situation..we dont want to look/seem dishonest about our scars...but yet..we don't wish the management to judge us on our tiny flaws... :???:

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 2:24 pm

u r right..me oso having the same prob.but my case is i got pigment spots on my hand.. :cry: but at least i stil have 1 year to demolish it..

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 2:26 pm

yup caryssa... :) u have 1 yr to do something abt them.. perhaps find a good concealer or something...

User avatar
zombofi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 28 Jan 2007
Location: Woop Woop

Postby zombofi » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 2:27 pm

gloss wrote:
zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:caryssa, it can't be covered by the kebaya. The kebaya ends at three-quarter sleeve right? It's rather faint.. Hm.. Okay, maybe i try covering up with concealer.

I'm just afraid if I tick 'No' and they find out that i do have a birthmark, it would count as dishonesty isnt it? :(


i am having a dilemma on that as well! except i have a few blemishes and i know i can cover by concealer (i hope gotta go get one) but im not sure if i should tick yes or no. :???:


yah zombofi..same situation..we dont want to look/seem dishonest about our scars...but yet..we don't wish the management to judge us on our tiny flaws... :???:


exactly! i mean if we say yes, they might not reject us immediately but will possibly "extra" scrutinise but then again, if we say no and they discover, then we may be screwed.... arggghhhh anyone who has been thru this before? please advise gloss and me. thanks!

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 3:20 pm

zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:
zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:caryssa, it can't be covered by the kebaya. The kebaya ends at three-quarter sleeve right? It's rather faint.. Hm.. Okay, maybe i try covering up with concealer.

I'm just afraid if I tick 'No' and they find out that i do have a birthmark, it would count as dishonesty isnt it? :(


i am having a dilemma on that as well! except i have a few blemishes and i know i can cover by concealer (i hope gotta go get one) but im not sure if i should tick yes or no. :???:


yah zombofi..same situation..we dont want to look/seem dishonest about our scars...but yet..we don't wish the management to judge us on our tiny flaws... :???:


exactly! i mean if we say yes, they might not reject us immediately but will possibly "extra" scrutinise but then again, if we say no and they discover, then we may be screwed.... arggghhhh anyone who has been thru this before? please advise gloss and me. thanks!


i went to ask a friend abt it who just got into SIA through March's recruitment. She said in her group, there's another girl with scars on her arms. The girl declared the scars, but used concealer on the day of the interview. Oh and the girl got through by the way :)

So maybe we should declare and use concealer too? Especially during the swim test..i'm afraid if we dont declare..once we hit water and the concealer runs.. our little 'lie' will be exposed!

User avatar
zombofi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 28 Jan 2007
Location: Woop Woop

Postby zombofi » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 3:55 pm

gloss wrote:
zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:
zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:caryssa, it can't be covered by the kebaya. The kebaya ends at three-quarter sleeve right? It's rather faint.. Hm.. Okay, maybe i try covering up with concealer.

I'm just afraid if I tick 'No' and they find out that i do have a birthmark, it would count as dishonesty isnt it? :(


i am having a dilemma on that as well! except i have a few blemishes and i know i can cover by concealer (i hope gotta go get one) but im not sure if i should tick yes or no. :???:


yah zombofi..same situation..we dont want to look/seem dishonest about our scars...but yet..we don't wish the management to judge us on our tiny flaws... :???:


exactly! i mean if we say yes, they might not reject us immediately but will possibly "extra" scrutinise but then again, if we say no and they discover, then we may be screwed.... arggghhhh anyone who has been thru this before? please advise gloss and me. thanks!


i went to ask a friend abt it who just got into SIA through March's recruitment. She said in her group, there's another girl with scars on her arms. The girl declared the scars, but used concealer on the day of the interview. Oh and the girl got through by the way :)

So maybe we should declare and use concealer too? Especially during the swim test..i'm afraid if we dont declare..once we hit water and the concealer runs.. our little 'lie' will be exposed!



hmm yes i guess you are right. i'm worried about being 'caught'. I shall declare then and try to conceal as much as i can. thanks gloss!

good luck to us! :D

oh btw, anyone going to state immediate in the availibility section or 1 month or more?

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:02 pm

zombofi: you mean u r available from May? I'm going to state May as my date of availability :)

User avatar
zombofi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 28 Jan 2007
Location: Woop Woop

Postby zombofi » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:04 pm

gloss wrote:zombofi: you mean u r available from May? I'm going to state May as my date of availability :)


i mean the notice period. so i take yours will be immediate then aye. im still mulling over immediate or 1 month.... :???:

stupidangelss
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 15 Mar 2007

Postby stupidangelss » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:06 pm

how about scars on the kneecap. i have scar there. should i declare it as scars? but the kebaya would be able to cover it.

i do hope they won't scrutinise this. *keeping my fingers crossed*

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:11 pm

zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:zombofi: you mean u r available from May? I'm going to state May as my date of availability :)


i mean the notice period. so i take yours will be immediate then aye. im still mulling over immediate or 1 month.... :???:


haha..hmm..i'm putting immediate as i just completed my studies and have been lazing around. Feel too much of a slacker. Wish to do something more productive :?

User avatar
banz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006
Location: singapore

Postby banz » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:38 pm

guys..i must say wow..i when 4 dinner last night to newton..and came bk and just woke up and it was like on page 32 and now its like page 41...hmm so much too read about..but well im soo happy to see every one cheerin each other :) up..oh yes back to netwon..i have a bad news guys it seems like netwon is the only place where we can have our break fast in the morning n if im nt wrong they dnt have anything much..coze the nearest macdonalz is like at novena..that is like one stop away from netwon.. :???: so wat shall we do..any ideas guyz?

User avatar
fizus
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed, 28 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby fizus » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:41 pm

my notice period will be december!! :? hope that'll be okay...

and stupidangelss about the kneecap, don't worry about it. like you said its covered by the kebaya. did the application form specify which part of the body it is referring to? i'll probably declare no, since i don't think i have any really visible scars.

User avatar
zombofi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 28 Jan 2007
Location: Woop Woop

Postby zombofi » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:42 pm

banz wrote:guys..i must say wow..i when 4 dinner last night to newton..and came bk and just woke up and it was like on page 32 and now its like page 41...hmm so much too read about..but well im soo happy to see every one cheerin each other :) up..oh yes back to netwon..i have a bad news guys it seems like netwon is the only place where we can have our break fast in the morning n if im nt wrong they dnt have anything much..coze the nearest macdonalz is like at novena..that is like one stop away from netwon.. :???: so wat shall we do..any ideas guyz?


have breakfast at sheraton itself :D

User avatar
banz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006
Location: singapore

Postby banz » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:46 pm

gloss wrote:
zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:
zombofi wrote:
gloss wrote:caryssa, it can't be covered by the kebaya. The kebaya ends at three-quarter sleeve right? It's rather faint.. Hm.. Okay, maybe i try covering up with concealer.

I'm just afraid if I tick 'No' and they find out that i do have a birthmark, it would count as dishonesty isnt it? :(


i am having a dilemma on that as well! except i have a few blemishes and i know i can cover by concealer (i hope gotta go get one) but im not sure if i should tick yes or no. :???:


yah zombofi..same situation..we dont want to look/seem dishonest about our scars...but yet..we don't wish the management to judge us on our tiny flaws... :???:


exactly! i mean if we say yes, they might not reject us immediately but will possibly "extra" scrutinise but then again, if we say no and they discover, then we may be screwed.... arggghhhh anyone who has been thru this before? please advise gloss and me. thanks!


i went to ask a friend abt it who just got into SIA through March's recruitment. She said in her group, there's another girl with scars on her arms. The girl declared the scars, but used concealer on the day of the interview. Oh and the girl got through by the way :)

So maybe we should declare and use concealer too? Especially during the swim test..i'm afraid if we dont declare..once we hit water and the concealer runs.. our little 'lie' will be exposed!




i must say that i too have scars...but..when i when for silkair water confidence test..i use water proof fountation..and not concealer..seriously it worked.when i hit the water and came out of the pool..my scars where all still covered up and in good shape :lol: ..

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:47 pm

haha good one zombofi! :D

I'm quite easy-going w any decision. Hmm banz, if we do have breakfast at Novena, we would have to meet earlier right? Since we got to take MRT down to Newton thereafter? :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: weixian0705 and 0 guests