Singapore Expats Forum

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jk-
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Postby jk- » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:33 pm

xmischax wrote:
jk- wrote:I'm worried too. :( I'm afraid that they will reject me when they take my weight :/


you're underweight is it!


ya! I think my BMI will be the lowest here :/
Sometimes i'm still wondering whether or not I should go for the coming walk in. Wait til i put on some weight or something, but it's so difficult to put on weight for me. :/

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:34 pm

jk- wrote:
xmischax wrote:
jk- wrote:I'm worried too. :( I'm afraid that they will reject me when they take my weight :/


you're underweight is it!


ya! I think my BMI will be the lowest here :/
Sometimes i'm still wondering whether or not I should go for the coming walk in. Wait til i put on some weight or something, but it's so difficult to put on weight for me. :/


can one la! you see all the skinny stewardesses around! i should be more worried, i needa lose weight! SO DON'T YOU WORRY OKAY! :D

jk-
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Postby jk- » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:37 pm

xmischax wrote:
jk- wrote:
xmischax wrote:
jk- wrote:I'm worried too. :( I'm afraid that they will reject me when they take my weight :/


you're underweight is it!


ya! I think my BMI will be the lowest here :/
Sometimes i'm still wondering whether or not I should go for the coming walk in. Wait til i put on some weight or something, but it's so difficult to put on weight for me. :/


can one la! you see all the skinny stewardesses around! i should be more worried, i needa lose weight! SO DON'T YOU WORRY OKAY! :D


:) Thanks mischa. Yea, I told myself not to think too much of it, just go for it this time round! But those comments about bmi not meeting the requirements + you need to be curvy etc worries me like hell! haha

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:39 pm

me too =(

my BMI is abt 17.5 only! sobs!

but i don't look skeletal or anything..hope they dont kick me out once my weight is taken...

hmm but will our weight be taken on the first day?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:40 pm

as long as you look good in the kebaya, screw the bmi man! really!

i just got to know somebody somewhere else, her bmi was like 25 when she went for her interview some time last year. which means she is overweight. she got through it all and SIA told her to lose weight, but keep her shape. now, she's flying.

so likewise for bmi under 18.5! screw the bmi as long as you look good! who says you can't look curvy in the kebaya when you're skinny, right! the right bra will do all the tricks! :lol:

so don't worry! just go! :D i remember you saying that you don't look skinny, you look normal, right? then it will be fine! :D
Last edited by xmischax on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:42 pm

gloss wrote:me too =(

my BMI is abt 17.5 only! sobs!

but i don't look skeletal or anything..hope they dont kick me out once my weight is taken...

hmm but will our weight be taken on the first day?


height and weight will be taken at the kebaya round. :) at the door, they will measure your height according to the stickers they have if you appear short. :lol:

jk-
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Postby jk- » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:42 pm

gloss wrote:me too =(

my BMI is abt 17.5 only! sobs!

but i don't look skeletal or anything..hope they dont kick me out once my weight is taken...

hmm but will our weight be taken on the first day?


Haha, gloss, I'll love to have 17.5! and it's not only. :) I'll need more 10 more Kg to be in the 17 range

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:43 pm

xmischax wrote:
gloss wrote:me too =(

my BMI is abt 17.5 only! sobs!

but i don't look skeletal or anything..hope they dont kick me out once my weight is taken...

hmm but will our weight be taken on the first day?


height and weight will be taken at the kebaya round. :) at the door, they will measure your height according to the stickers they have if you appear short. :lol:


that's v.encouraging xmischax ! :D

jk-
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Postby jk- » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:43 pm

xmischax wrote:as long as you look good in the kebaya, screw the bmi man! really!

i just got to know somebody somewhere else, her bmi was like 25 when she went for her interview some time last year. which means she is overweight. she got through it all and SIA told her to lose weight, but keep her shape. now, she's flying.

so likewise for bmi under 18.5! screw the bmi as long as you look good! who says you can't look curvy in the kebaya when you're skinny, right! the right bra will do all the tricks! :lol:

so don't worry! just go! :D i remember you saying that you don't look skinny, you look normal, right? then it will be fine! :D


haha, agree with you. To hell with BMI! BMI is making the most of us nervous

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:43 pm

jk- wrote:
gloss wrote:me too =(

my BMI is abt 17.5 only! sobs!

but i don't look skeletal or anything..hope they dont kick me out once my weight is taken...

hmm but will our weight be taken on the first day?


Haha, gloss, I'll love to have 17.5! and it's not only. :) I'll need more 10 more Kg to be in the 17 range


oh my gosh i imagine you to be a bag of bones! but you're not, right!

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:45 pm

jk- wrote:
gloss wrote:me too =(

my BMI is abt 17.5 only! sobs!

but i don't look skeletal or anything..hope they dont kick me out once my weight is taken...

hmm but will our weight be taken on the first day?


Haha, gloss, I'll love to have 17.5! and it's not only. :) I'll need more 10 more Kg to be in the 17 range


Dont worry jk! xmischax has given really good encouragement.. =) anyway BMI is not a true reflection of size either!! It's scientifically proven so I wonder why SIA uses BMI..perhaps its e closest gauge to a perceived healthy weight :???:

jk-
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Postby jk- » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:46 pm

xmischax wrote:
jk- wrote:
gloss wrote:me too =(

my BMI is abt 17.5 only! sobs!

but i don't look skeletal or anything..hope they dont kick me out once my weight is taken...

hmm but will our weight be taken on the first day?


Haha, gloss, I'll love to have 17.5! and it's not only. :) I'll need more 10 more Kg to be in the 17 range


oh my gosh i imagine you to be a bag of bones! but you're not, right!


Lol! Eh, I hoped I don't look like a bag of bones. :p
Anyway, I'm the one who added you in friendster. So erm, pictures are for you to see how skinny I really am!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 8:52 pm

actually i don't think you're really that skinny! jasmine, right? :lol:

aiya shit i needa lose weight la. LOL :lol:

ramonamahala
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007

Postby ramonamahala » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 9:03 pm

dont worry girls!
gloss and jk, am sure you girls will look great in the kebaya and that is all that matters =)
my bmi is way below avg too. as long as just go there and try and do out best!

jk-
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Postby jk- » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 9:07 pm

xmischax wrote:actually i don't think you're really that skinny! jasmine, right? :lol:

aiya shit i needa lose weight la. LOL :lol:


Haha, yup. :)
I don't think you need to lose weight. You look great already!

Thanks girls, You all have been very encouraging!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest