Singapore Expats Forum

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hopegal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Re: Anyone share with me about private cert for interview fo

Postby hopegal » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:58 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:
hopegal wrote:I kinda of sad that i always rejected due to my cert and I only have 4 "O". I graduate from Raffles LaSalle with advance dip in fashion marekting and merchandising. But they say they don't recognise it. But i understand that they accept cert from NAFA, MDIS and a few. I even had a gf from the same school as me and She is flying with SQ now. Please advice me if I should go on 21 or 22 april. I even email them about this but they didn't reply me


Sad gal


hey dun be sad, if your friends get in and u dun it seems like the person checking your dip is probably not in a good mood at that time or bias? :-|

i think u should try again! Don't let this stop u from going. :D


Thanks for your encourage..
MY friend got in was like 1 year ago.. I always got in the first round but when come to cert. part, they will reject me.. kinda of bored being rejected by the same excuse time and time

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 2:01 pm

maybe you should just ask them why it is not accepted? since your friend is accepted and already flying, there's no reason why they should reject you because of that! just like kym ng did, go ask them! :D

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 2:11 pm

xmischax wrote:regarding the kebaya round, i've heard that the kebayas provided are really small and those whose boobs are above C cup will not be able to fit.. is that true! what if you can't fit the kebaya!


I'm not sure about that, but I heard that there won't be any mirrors around during the kebaya round? Heard that girls have to help each other out in selecting the kebaya with the best fit? :???:

Deshi
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 22 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby Deshi » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 4:18 pm

gloss wrote:xmischax: yay! 9 more days.. this feels like a countdown each day.. haha

deshi: of coz' we can all meet up on Sat
:D




Yay!!!! then we all can meet up and yeah its like 9 more days to go and im like so nervoussssss....arggghhh i hate it when it becomes like that :???:

lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 5:25 pm

Good luck to those going for the coming interview!! :)
Dare to Dream

User avatar
DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu, 29 Mar 2007
Location: SG

Re: NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 5:37 pm

salvana wrote:Hm....

Hi... I'm very new here.... no idea how to get started.... (pardon me if i post/reply wrongly) -_-~~
I'm also very interested to b an air stewardess.... but always scared the feeling of failing the internview.... -_-~~ (I dunno y....It feel so bad when u know dat u failed the interview.... )
Any idea whether any1 can help me?

Intrinsic Dreamer, hm...i saw that you've been confirmed by SIA to b an FA??
WOW.... I have to CONGRATULATE you first.
Do you mind to share some of your interview experience with me? (thank u very much in advance).

I really hope to have a friend who's an air stewardess.... but so far... none.... I tried to find some SIA cabin crew via friendster which I thought they're friendly enuf and perhaps won't mind to share some of their experiences.... but... I neva get any reply from them....
Well... can't blame any1, we're all juz human kind who will always try to protect ourselves, huh?

Anyway, Allow me to say HI!! to other members as well.
I do hope we can b friend... perhaps becoz we have the same ambition?

That's all from me.
Do hope to hear and see some reply,pls!

Thanks n Cheers,
salvana
hihi.. i think all of us hate interviews ya. coz if there's no interviews, then all of us can be FA. haha..
hmm~ i got frenz workin as a FA but oso cant help much coz it all depends on interviewers. they nv reply u coz they're busy flyin here & there. dun get e wrong idea tat they r proud or not frenly. :)
Can i fly higher than a bird?

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 7:35 pm

lynn-89 wrote:Good luck to those going for the coming interview!! :)


Thanks lynn-89! Are u going for the interview too? Or are u already a FA? :)

lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:11 pm

gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:Good luck to those going for the coming interview!! :)


Thanks lynn-89! Are u going for the interview too? Or are u already a FA? :)



Glosss!

see my nick "89" i'm only 18 this year! haha nt ready to go for the interview yet. Plan to go only after i graduated from poly in 2 years time :)

What abt u? mind to intro urself? :)
Dare to Dream

emalf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2007

Postby emalf » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:20 pm

gloss wrote:
xmischax wrote:regarding the kebaya round, i've heard that the kebayas provided are really small and those whose boobs are above C cup will not be able to fit.. is that true! what if you can't fit the kebaya!


I'm not sure about that, but I heard that there won't be any mirrors around during the kebaya round? Heard that girls have to help each other out in selecting the kebaya with the best fit? :???:


yes gloss, there are no mirrors. the fitting room consists of panel behind which you will change into the kebayas.

the kebayas are usually all over the place and they do not have size tags.

you'll really need someone else to help you take a look at your fit. or you can use your camera phone to help you, heehee.... take sm photos at the same time :lol:

maybe you girls can register together and hopefully end up in the same group during kebaya fitting. good luck yeah?

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:22 pm

lynn-89 wrote:
gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:Good luck to those going for the coming interview!! :)


Thanks lynn-89! Are u going for the interview too? Or are u already a FA? :)



Glosss!

see my nick "89" i'm only 18 this year! haha nt ready to go for the interview yet. Plan to go only after i graduated from poly in 2 years time :)

What abt u? mind to intro urself? :)


Wah..you preparing in advance already ar? Haha. I'm 22 this year.. Older than u :o It's going to be my first time going for interview.. :lol:

lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:24 pm

gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:
gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:Good luck to those going for the coming interview!! :)


Thanks lynn-89! Are u going for the interview too? Or are u already a FA? :)



Glosss!

see my nick "89" i'm only 18 this year! haha nt ready to go for the interview yet. Plan to go only after i graduated from poly in 2 years time :)

What abt u? mind to intro urself? :)


Wah..you preparing in advance already ar? Haha. I'm 22 this year.. Older than u :o It's going to be my first time going for interview.. :lol:



OMG u replied so fast!!! hahah cant say prepare, just reading thru the forum to get some info :) so what 're u currently doing? good luck for ur first trial!
Dare to Dream

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:24 pm

emalf wrote:
gloss wrote:
xmischax wrote:regarding the kebaya round, i've heard that the kebayas provided are really small and those whose boobs are above C cup will not be able to fit.. is that true! what if you can't fit the kebaya!


I'm not sure about that, but I heard that there won't be any mirrors around during the kebaya round? Heard that girls have to help each other out in selecting the kebaya with the best fit? :???:


yes gloss, there are no mirrors. the fitting room consists of panel behind which you will change into the kebayas.

the kebayas are usually all over the place and they do not have size tags.

you'll really need someone else to help you take a look at your fit. or you can use your camera phone to help you, heehee.... take sm photos at the same time :lol:

maybe you girls can register together and hopefully end up in the same group during kebaya fitting. good luck yeah?



haha...sm photos..if i have the luxury of time, i would do so! Now the kebaya round sounds really challenging..will we have a time limit as to how long we have to change into kebayas? ( provided that I can advance into the kebaya round lah haha :lol: )

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:27 pm

lynn-89 wrote:
gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:
gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:Good luck to those going for the coming interview!! :)


Thanks lynn-89! Are u going for the interview too? Or are u already a FA? :)



Glosss!

see my nick "89" i'm only 18 this year! haha nt ready to go for the interview yet. Plan to go only after i graduated from poly in 2 years time :)

What abt u? mind to intro urself? :)


Wah..you preparing in advance already ar? Haha. I'm 22 this year.. Older than u :o It's going to be my first time going for interview.. :lol:



OMG u replied so fast!!! hahah cant say prepare, just reading thru the forum to get some info :) so what 're u currently doing? good luck for ur first trial!


Haha. your reply is super fast too!!! i just completed my studies..wondering if i should start work and decided to give SIA a try..it used to be my career aspiration to be a FA (don't laugh at me pls!).. then my ex-bf didn't like the idea..so now..i'm free to pursue what and I wan and thus decided to go for a try in 9 days.. haha..

sorry! lengthy post haha

lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:29 pm

gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:
gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:
gloss wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:Good luck to those going for the coming interview!! :)


Thanks lynn-89! Are u going for the interview too? Or are u already a FA? :)



Glosss!

see my nick "89" i'm only 18 this year! haha nt ready to go for the interview yet. Plan to go only after i graduated from poly in 2 years time :)

What abt u? mind to intro urself? :)


Wah..you preparing in advance already ar? Haha. I'm 22 this year.. Older than u :o It's going to be my first time going for interview.. :lol:



OMG u replied so fast!!! hahah cant say prepare, just reading thru the forum to get some info :) so what 're u currently doing? good luck for ur first trial!


Haha. your reply is super fast too!!! i just completed my studies..wondering if i should start work and decided to give SIA a try..it used to be my career aspiration to be a FA (don't laugh at me pls!).. then my ex-bf didn't like the idea..so now..i'm free to pursue what and I wan and thus decided to go for a try in 9 days.. haha..

sorry! lengthy post haha



oic! HAHA go give it a try!! haha mind xchanging msn add? :)
Dare to Dream

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:33 pm

lynn-89: PM-ed you!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests