Singapore Expats Forum

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 6:26 pm

CONGRATS intrinsic!
Dare to Dream

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 7:00 pm

Thanks!!

I'm classified under the "Immediate & can start anytime"

The Lady told me that they wanna make us start asap if we can. =)

lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 7:38 pm

ohh thx for ur info :)

lindyhoppe wrote:BMI is calculated by

(weight in kg) / (height x height in m).

You girls are really skinny or slim... over 1.7m and only 50kg i read? Amazing...

Anyway, u all can try walking into any California Fitness gym, look interested to sign up as a member and they'd do a Body Composition Analysis for you for free. It's a device that send electromagnetic waves (some kinda waves, physicists here please correct me!) through your body via 2 electrodes that you grip on your palms. Measures height, weight, muscle mass, bone mass body fat mass, percent body fat, fat distribution and relative strengths of your limbs and trunk. And even intra/extracelluar fluid levels.

The very cute trainers will then brief you on how to change your work-outs to reduce/increase the figures above to appropriate levels. :)

lynn-89 wrote:
Deshi wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:
corines143 wrote:how abt me? i am 165cm. and i am 54kg.. check my BMI pls. Thanks!




http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/At ... mi/bmi.jsp

a website with BMI calculators.

hope this helps :)


hey lynn-89

thanks for posting the website it really did help..well i know im kinda tall and my weight is 54kg..and when i calculated it it was normal...phew!!!! which is 19.3 which should be acceptable by sq..hehehhe :D no more deiting for me though....



WELCOME :D
Dare to Dream

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:35 pm

Don't worry gurls..
And guys. :)


I know the interview date is drawing nearer. [-o<


Though Mine was on 4th March, it feels just like yesterday that I went for the walk-in..


I know its NOT easy to NOT be worried, anxious and all but yeah...

Try to relax And i'm sure each of u will be at your BEST. :D

User avatar
salvana
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Postby salvana » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:13 pm

Hm....

Hi... I'm very new here.... no idea how to get started.... (pardon me if i post/reply wrongly) -_-~~
I'm also very interested to b an air stewardess.... but always scared the feeling of failing the internview.... -_-~~ (I dunno y....It feel so bad when u know dat u failed the interview.... )
Any idea whether any1 can help me?

Intrinsic Dreamer, hm...i saw that you've been confirmed by SIA to b an FA??
WOW.... I have to CONGRATULATE you first.
Do you mind to share some of your interview experience with me? (thank u very much in advance).

I really hope to have a friend who's an air stewardess.... but so far... none.... I tried to find some SIA cabin crew via friendster which I thought they're friendly enuf and perhaps won't mind to share some of their experiences.... but... I neva get any reply from them....
Well... can't blame any1, we're all juz human kind who will always try to protect ourselves, huh?

Anyway, Allow me to say HI!! to other members as well.
I do hope we can b friend... perhaps becoz we have the same ambition?

That's all from me.
Do hope to hear and see some reply,pls!

Thanks n Cheers,
salvana

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Postby xmischax » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:28 pm

salvana wrote:Hm....

Hi... I'm very new here.... no idea how to get started.... (pardon me if i post/reply wrongly) -_-~~
I'm also very interested to b an air stewardess.... but always scared the feeling of failing the internview.... -_-~~ (I dunno y....It feel so bad when u know dat u failed the interview.... )
Any idea whether any1 can help me?

Intrinsic Dreamer, hm...i saw that you've been confirmed by SIA to b an FA??
WOW.... I have to CONGRATULATE you first.
Do you mind to share some of your interview experience with me? (thank u very much in advance).

I really hope to have a friend who's an air stewardess.... but so far... none.... I tried to find some SIA cabin crew via friendster which I thought they're friendly enuf and perhaps won't mind to share some of their experiences.... but... I neva get any reply from them....
Well... can't blame any1, we're all juz human kind who will always try to protect ourselves, huh?

Anyway, Allow me to say HI!! to other members as well.
I do hope we can b friend... perhaps becoz we have the same ambition?

That's all from me.
Do hope to hear and see some reply,pls!

Thanks n Cheers,
salvana


heyloo! if you wanna learn more about intrinsic's experiences, perhaps you can take a look at all the pages of this thread. throughout the whole thread, she's been posting long replies regarding her own experiences for the interviews and whatnots. she's VERY useful.

welcome here and i hope you'll find what you want! :D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:35 pm

hey dreamer..wondering y i cnt read the msg tht u sent 2 me through pm.. :???: n i cnt pm u oso..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:49 pm

caryssa wrote:hey dreamer..wondering y i cnt read the msg tht u sent 2 me through pm.. :???: n i cnt pm u oso..


did intrinsic deregister herself or got banned? that's why you can't read or send her comments? cos her nickname is no longer hyperlinked..

User avatar
salvana
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Postby salvana » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:12 am

Hey xmischax,

Thank u very much for your reply.
The otha previous postings are pretty lengthy though.... nvm, will keep reading...

Well.... I'm really an alien in this forum thingy.. (neva tried any forum posting b4) -_-~
So, I tried to pm u but it din work (quoted "This feature is restricted until you have made more posts in the forum")

Coz I'm thinking of perhaps can communicate via email and msn will be faster....

Well, I understand that 1st interview gonna b self-intro....so, what abt 2nd round? wat's it gonna b? kebaya is 3rd round,right?

Appreciate ur feedback and useful info.
And to others, thanks for the valuable info as well.
Afterall I realised that there're many girls out there which are juz like me.... wishing to fly high~~~ I do hope this beautiful dream will come true soon one fine day....

Cheers,
salvana

User avatar
fizus
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed, 28 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby fizus » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:49 am

first and foremost, congratulations are due! congrats intrinsic, am really happy for you- i think you got in cuz of good karma too. from your postings that i've read it seems like you're a genuinely nice and happy person, so i'm glad you made it. :D

salvana; i think you cannot 'fear' failure. everyone fails at some point, especially with things like interview. if you want it, go for it and when you fail, get back up and try again. that's the way life goes, not just for jobs but for everything else in life. as for interview procedures etc, as mentioned by xmischax, previous postings by intrinsic under SIA Recruitment 4th March as well as SIA Cabin Crew is really useful cuz its from the most recent recruitment drive and hence most relevant.

anyway, anyone else going this 21st? we should do a final headcount of forumers going then we can meet up and go together. i'm quite excited, i got a new dress and am thinking of wearing it for the 21st, haha!

9 (NINE?!?!) more days to go!

p.s.: does anyone else find endlessly talking about this job extremely useful in calming nerves? whenever i come to this forum i feel less nervous about 21st. haha.

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:53 am

fizus wrote:first and foremost, congratulations are due! congrats intrinsic, am really happy for you- i think you got in cuz of good karma too. from your postings that i've read it seems like you're a genuinely nice and happy person, so i'm glad you made it. :D

salvana; i think you cannot 'fear' failure. everyone fails at some point, especially with things like interview. if you want it, go for it and when you fail, get back up and try again. that's the way life goes, not just for jobs but for everything else in life. as for interview procedures etc, as mentioned by xmischax, previous postings by intrinsic under SIA Recruitment 4th March as well as SIA Cabin Crew is really useful cuz its from the most recent recruitment drive and hence most relevant.

anyway, anyone else going this 21st? we should do a final headcount of forumers going then we can meet up and go together. i'm quite excited, i got a new dress and am thinking of wearing it for the 21st, haha!

9 (NINE?!?!) more days to go!

p.s.: does anyone else find endlessly talking about this job extremely useful in calming nerves? whenever i come to this forum i feel less nervous about 21st. haha.


Number 2 here after you fizus. :D
★ abnegation; self denial

gloss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby gloss » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:10 am

I'm going on 21st April :D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 2:10 am

xmischax wrote:
caryssa wrote:hey dreamer..wondering y i cnt read the msg tht u sent 2 me through pm.. :???: n i cnt pm u oso..


did intrinsic deregister herself or got banned? that's why you can't read or send her comments? cos her nickname is no longer hyperlinked..


not sure though..i thought im the who saw her nickname no longer hyperlinked..only as a guest now..well,wish u god luck on ur 21st itv ya:)

emalf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2007

Postby emalf » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 2:28 am

wow, so excited for Intrinsic! and yeah, her account looks weird... it's acting up again like last time, I'm sure she wont deregister herself and just leave like that.

nine more days gals! good luck to all who are trying ok? our prayers are with you :D

hopegal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007

Anyone share with me about private cert for interview for SQ

Postby hopegal » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 2:41 am

I kinda of sad that i always rejected due to my cert and I only have 4 "O". I graduate from Raffles LaSalle with advance dip in fashion marekting and merchandising. But they say they don't recognise it. But i understand that they accept cert from NAFA, MDIS and a few. I even had a gf from the same school as me and She is flying with SQ now. Please advice me if I should go on 21 or 22 april. I even email them about this but they didn't reply me


Sad gal


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests