Singapore Expats Forum

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
meLyana

Postby meLyana » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 1:39 pm

hey fizuz.. that site was kinda interesting. will be stretchin till i cant stretch anymore. well now im trying to gain back my confidence. have to watch my diet. dont want any breakouts later. =p

another thing that has been bothering me is that i heard during the water confidence test, we should wear a bikini so that they could see how well our body is etc. dont know whether its true or not. need more clarifications on that issue. =x

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 1:44 pm

meLyana wrote:hey fizuz.. that site was kinda interesting. will be stretchin till i cant stretch anymore. well now im trying to gain back my confidence. have to watch my diet. dont want any breakouts later. =p

another thing that has been bothering me is that i heard during the water confidence test, we should wear a bikini so that they could see how well our body is etc. dont know whether its true or not. need more clarifications on that issue. =x

mmm that's new! from what i've heard, girls have been wearing like, boardshorts and all that. haven't heard of anyone wearing bikinis.. but it's kinda dangerous to wear a bikini if you jump from up there, like, there's a probability that your bikini will just give way, isn't it?

meLyana

Accounta

Postby meLyana » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 1:54 pm

well.. guess its just a rumour...pheww.. cos thats what my friends said after i told them about my intention of going for the interview.. guess they just wanna scaring me with such issue.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:29 pm

lol yeaa i think your friends are just teasing you or something! lol..

is this your first time?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:40 pm

I see. So how long have you quit Qatar? Of all so many airlines, you prefer SIA? SIA is also a good airline too. Not bad to join in if you are really keen about that. You are right about that also. We have to think of our family first. I believe that you will surely get it in this airline.

:cry: nope.... im sorry. how i really wish just like all those who wanna go for the upcoming interview. Cant meet their qualifications.

Deshi wrote:Hie chai ching.... well yeah im currently not flying...well i sure do wanna try for singapore airlines is because...1st of all its a home based career...and i still get to come back home to my family after my flights (if i get selected) hahaha..and there are many other more flaws though...being based overseas for a long period of time...anyways are you also goin for the interview thats coming up...

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:44 pm

cheer up, chai ching! :) may i ask what requirement do you not meet?

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Postby zombofi » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:44 pm

chai ching wrote:I see. So how long have you quit Qatar? Of all so many airlines, you prefer SIA? SIA is also a good airline too. Not bad to join in if you are really keen about that. You are right about that also. We have to think of our family first. I believe that you will surely get it in this airline.

:cry: nope.... im sorry. how i really wish just like all those who wanna go for the upcoming interview. Cant meet their qualifications.

Deshi wrote:Hie chai ching.... well yeah im currently not flying...well i sure do wanna try for singapore airlines is because...1st of all its a home based career...and i still get to come back home to my family after my flights (if i get selected) hahaha..and there are many other more flaws though...being based overseas for a long period of time...anyways are you also goin for the interview thats coming up...

Why can't you meet their qualifications chai ching? Do you have your 'O' levels, thats the minimum they are asking :D

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:45 pm

what their requirement is that i dont have an "O' level or a Diploma cert?

xmischax wrote:cheer up, chai ching! :) may i ask what requirement do you not meet?

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Postby zombofi » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:47 pm

chai ching wrote:what their requirement is that i dont have an "O' level or a Diploma cert?

xmischax wrote:cheer up, chai ching! :) may i ask what requirement do you not meet?

Oh! But you can still give it a shot?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:50 pm

haha.... thats the problem that i dont have an "O" level cert. Thats why cant meet their request requirement. Haha.... never mind. Although how i also really wish that i can join in SIA and become one of their families inside there. I really do envious SIA.

mbofi"]
chai ching wrote:I see. So how long have you quit Qatar? Of all so many airlines, you prefer SIA? SIA is also a good airline too. Not bad to join in if you are really keen about that. You are right about that also. We have to think of our family first. I believe that you will surely get it in this airline.

Why can't you meet their qualifications chai ching? Do you have your 'O' levels, thats the minimum they are asking :D[/quote]

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:51 pm

chai ching wrote:what their requirement is that i dont have an "O' level or a Diploma cert?

mmm. what's your highest education attained?

fizus
Regular
Regular

Postby fizus » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:52 pm

chai ching, are you planning to take your O's? my mum is taking her O's now :) its never too late to better yourself!

if you want to enter airline careers i guess O levels is the most basic. or you could try tiger airways or jetstar if you want, and gain some experience in this industry. all the best!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:55 pm

yeahh.. usually international airlines like SIA requires O levels with working experience or A levels and above. but regional airlines like tiger airways usually only require N levels.. :) the experience will definitely help!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:57 pm

actually i do have this thinking same like you also. but what if i reach there, cant imagine what will happen to me if i get reject down immediately right in front of so many peoples for them to see me so embarrassing. dont you think so too? but i really do wish to go and have a try.

some of my friends advise me that no harm trying out. but one of them say must be really slim. if you are not slim, cant meet their criteria also. so thats whys i have never been to SIA walk in interview before.

only gone for Silkair, Qatar and Emirates. but yet these three are also not successful for me.

zombofi wrote:

Oh! But you can still give it a shot?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:58 pm

what do you think? "N" and ITE cert only for me.

xmischax wrote:

mmm. what's your highest education attained?