Singapore Expats

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:08 am

hey fixrus...

I think you are getting too over worried. no you wont get eliminated for 6mths.. you still can try if u dont make past for it in APRIL.
its only at mgmt round that if u fail then u can only try after 6mths.

can you just pull yourself together, be confident. go try your best and thats it. its just that simple. dont worry so much. you want to leave early, pls go early to queue for this interview. cos if u go late, you have to wait in the long queue.

abt THE LOOK which intrinsic dreamer mentioned, dont worry a bt that. i am sure you will ensure you look good enough for SIA rite? do whats best. be well groomed. go trim your eye-brows, get your nails done neatly. look pretty in whatever you feel confident in and SMILE. be humble thts what i learn thru my experience and just speak slowly with eye contact. i am still learning and not gonna give up and i will see you all in there SIA LOVERS!!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:33 am

Thanks jas_ps. :D

I'm not as good as u think i am la!!!!!
Well, i think i still have alot about me that i need to improve...!! :)

Which not so friendly comment are u talking about?
Oh ya, Where is ur work place? There were crews there?

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:54 am

haha corines143 i know it seems like i'm worrying about the littlest details but i just want to do things right... i can't afford to screw things up, i need to anaylze the pros and cons of going for the interview so close to my exams. one day can do a wonder of a difference. haha.

i still have time to consider whether or not i'm going for it. i'm tempted to skip it for now cuz i plan to take foreign languages next semester, and that would certainly help my chances as opposed to now, when i only speak english and malay.

but for those going for it, good luck! may we have another success story, like intrinsic dreamer. :)

jas_ps

Post by jas_ps » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 2:02 am

The not so good comment is someone said you are not a crew yet you think about the training which i think is a bit harsh...

I work in orchard area but not near scotts. I'm in beauty line :) Any question about beauty can feel free to ask me, i charge very cheap consultation fee... Haha kidding la, i'm here to help, and is free!!! I can't tell the whole world where is my working place but you can send me a pm, we offer discount for SIA crew :)

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 2:05 am

Fizus dear,

i do not encourage u to skip it as u are tempted to learn another language..

Another girl in my group introduced herself and told the interviewers that she knew Japanese and went to learn in order to improve her chances of getting selected.

But she was out after the first round.

Another language may be impt but they are more likely to look for ppl of that origin. Not ppl who take it up. Like Real Japanese or Koreans or in my case, Thais.

In my batch, those who passed management, Not a single one of them knew a foreign language except me and another girl. We are both Thai. Thai Chinese.

In fact, they don't even ask or ACKNOWLEGE the fact that u can speak another langauge.

Throughout all the 5 rounds, i wasn't asked a single time about the fact that i can speak thai.

So, there's no point in takin another language up to up your chances.

I think the reason why 1 should skip this interview is if he/she STRONGLY feels that she is NOT PREPARED & think she will DEFINITELY fail.

Then skip it. The negative thinking is a NO-NO alr. U haven't even step into the battle field and u are positive u'll lose. Skip it.

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 2:16 am

goodness i can't believe i'm still posting replies at this hour. do you guys usually keep to such unhealthy hours? i thought only students do it, we lifeless creatures. hur.

intrinsic dreamer, i get what you're trying to say about the languages, as well as the defeatist theory. i am not going in defeated, or else i won't go in at all. but at the same time i don't want to go in without ammo, and just let myself get shot in the head then whimper and cry about it in reflection. the way i see it, i still have time to consider before april 21st is here, and if i've decided to go for it, i hope i return with good news. :)

btw, do you know (roughly) when your training starts? so far your interview process has been 1st round and kebaya test on the 4th, water confidence around 9th, management interview around 26th... right? medical on same day as management? seems that the process averages to about 1.5- 2 months. preeetty long.

but surely worth the wait. ;)

lindylim

Post by lindylim » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:08 am

teeth? not necessary muz b darlie white right? hmmm.. my teeth are nt straight..... but not that crooked thou.. :roll:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:50 pm

Dear gurls, I'm so sorry for causing so much confusion and all.

Gurls, follow the requirements on SIA's website.

Everyone must be at least 1.58m. NO LESSER.
I clarified with the HR department.(sorry)

I'm so sorrrrry if i gave anyone here false hope. :cry:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:56 pm

Hmm.

Kebaya was same day as the walk-in.

water confi was on the 9th. Management on the 26th.

It is definitely worth the wait!!! :)

SIA rocks!! :lol: :lol:

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 2:46 pm

i have a strong feeling i might end up going for april's recruitment despite misgivings from both mum and boyfriend. they think that going for a job interview this massive so close to my exams will be distracting, but the more i think about it, the more it makes sense.

if i go for april's recruitment and get as far as management (i hope) but then get eliminated (hope not), i will have to wait another 6 months, which leaves me with october intake onwards. this is still viable as opposed to if i go for a later period, the 6 months 'ban' would mean my next opportunity would arise in maybe december, which is really really a risk cuz it might mean i'm jobless for a while before i get to work with SIA.

furthermore, i should just try now, and if i fail, i can still try again for future rounds with previous knowledge of how it goes right? so increasingly it seems that i should go for april's.

now i can only hope that i get through it all, and i won't have to worry about a job for the rest of the semester. jobhunting is such a chore. :(

on a sidenote: WHERE can i go to measure my height? like seriously. i can't just enter a clinic and tell the nurse to measure it right? she might think i'm nuts.

emalf
Regular
Regular

Post by emalf » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 3:04 pm

That's the spirit Firus!

you mentioned that you are from NUS right? you can just go to the Health and Wellness Centre at YIH to get your height measured. Just say that you need it for a job application.

All the best to you!

gloss
Regular
Regular

Post by gloss » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 4:51 pm

Hey Fizus!

I'm going for the April recruitment too.. Haha trying my luck too
=)

Oh..I think i will pop by YIH to get my height measured too!

Luxe

Post by Luxe » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 7:33 pm

Intrinsic dreamer! thanks for all your information. Btw when going all the interviews, did u actually sort of see what they are looking for? Is it more of smile, or kind of confidence?
Does BMI really matter, becos i am underweight and i dont know if i should go for the interview? Did u see any underweight girls entering till the mgt?

Look forward to your reply! :D

emalf
Regular
Regular

Post by emalf » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 7:40 pm

emalf wrote:That's the spirit Firus!

you mentioned that you are from NUS right? you can just go to the Health and Wellness Centre at YIH to get your height measured. Just say that you need it for a job application.

All the best to you!
oops, I meant Fizus. apologies gal!

All the best to you too, gloss! just a note of reminder, try to go to YIH when the centre is not so crowded to get your height measured.

Luxe, someone mentioned that slightly low BMI is fine. but of course you will be encouraged to put on some weight cos you'd need the strength to push the meal cart. And I'd say they are looking out for personality and a service-oriented character.

xiangzhou_1984

Post by xiangzhou_1984 » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 9:47 pm

not to mention the heavy luggages. :D