Singapore Expats

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:00 pm

shortie wrote:my height.. i only miss my 1cm.. n i dun feel gd abt it cos i nv even really tried n experince the interview
Tight situation. Techincally they would have records for your today's interview. If you persist, maybe you can just try. Worse scenerio, they will ask you to leave again even without taking the height.

If you're lucky, you might meet someone whom will overlook your height but eventually there are still height checks in day 2. Goodluck! :)

banz
Regular
Regular

Post by banz » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:02 pm

shortie wrote:
banz wrote:
sheep wrote:Hi banz, did you try tip toeing a little?

I know how you feel, the exact same thing happened to me during the last recruitment. I'd rather be eliminated at kebaya rather than not having a chance at all....

ya man tell me about it..it really feels like shit man..so did you go?or r you goin tomorrow?hmmm i think i rather stick to silkair
the problem is can i still go tmr?? silkair requirements the same? but i hav a mole on my face.. i'm afraid it affects as well..

from wat i know about silkair is that they r seriously much more better off then sia....

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:07 pm

banz wrote:from wat i know about silkair is that they r seriously much more better off then sia....
In terms of? :???:

shortie

how to apply for silkair

Post by shortie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:12 pm

banz wrote:
shortie wrote:
banz wrote: the problem is can i still go tmr?? silkair requirements the same? but i hav a mole on my face.. i'm afraid it affects as well..

from wat i know about silkair is that they r seriously much more better off then sia....

shortie

Post by shortie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:13 pm

banz wrote:
shortie wrote:
banz wrote: the problem is can i still go tmr?? silkair requirements the same? but i hav a mole on my face.. i'm afraid it affects as well..

how to apply for silkair?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:14 pm

shortie wrote:how to apply for silkair?
You need to start by visiting the website. All airlines have their own homepage so you just need to visit them. How? Google it. ](*,)

shortie

Post by shortie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:18 pm

M wrote:
shortie wrote:how to apply for silkair?
You need to start by visiting the website. All airlines have their own homepage so you just need to visit them. How? Google it. ](*,)
i've been to silkair web but i hav no link for career tats y i'm asking :???:

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:19 pm

haha i think mine was the worst okay...

i queue and queue with mouismoo and when it got to the lady near the registration table she took my application form, ticked the necessary parts (i remembered address, height, qualifications), and when she saw the height she said, "oh we'll have to send you for height check.." then she looked further down and said, "oh you're graduating in december which is quite late. so based on that we can't interview you now, its too early. sorry!"

hahaha. and i went, "oh, okay!" and walked away. they kept my form though, "for reference". but mischa said they'll just throw it away though. :mad: my passport photo! haha.

but i had fun, even though i didn't even go through anything besides the queuing! it was really fun meeting the faces behind the people in this forum. i was so exhausted after i got home though, i totally knocked out in bed till now.

oh well. i shall wait for next recruitment? or maybe for at least 6 months or so before i graduate... hurhur.

shortie

Post by shortie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:21 pm

fizus wrote:haha i think mine was the worst okay...

i queue and queue with mouismoo and when it got to the lady near the registration table she took my application form, ticked the necessary parts (i remembered address, height, qualifications), and when she saw the height she said, "oh we'll have to send you for height check.." then she looked further down and said, "oh you're graduating in december which is quite late. so based on that we can't interview you now, its too early. sorry!"

hahaha. and i went, "oh, okay!" and walked away. they kept my form though, "for reference". but mischa said they'll just throw it away though. :mad: my passport photo! haha.

but i had fun, even though i didn't even go through anything besides the queuing! it was really fun meeting the faces behind the people in this forum. i was so exhausted after i got home though, i totally knocked out in bed till now.

oh well. i shall wait for next recruitment? or maybe for at least 6 months or so before i graduate... hurhur.
its was so embrassing whn they reject u at the Q rite? i felt so $#%$^%$

stupidangelss

Post by stupidangelss » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:24 pm

are they really in need of people? the lady asked me if i was able to start mid-may if i manage to get in.
while i was waiting for the 1-1 interview, quite many people came out with the slip of paper tat indicate that they passed that round.

i hope they won't be giving everyone hope now, and kick all of us out the next round. :(

marlboro

Post by marlboro » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:24 pm

fizus, wat did u feel in at the height column? how do they judge as do who will go for height check

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:29 pm

shortie wrote:i've been to silkair web but i hav no link for career tats y i'm asking :???:
They have recruitment exercises so you have to wait for the window period. :D

Luxe

Post by Luxe » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:29 pm

did u guys see any girls that are underweight or below bmi who went in?
Is the height & weight measurement accurate? Becos some of my friends who went claimed that they measured them by 2cm shorter & 2kg heavier..is it true? :???:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:32 pm

stupidangelss wrote:are they really in need of people? the lady asked me if i was able to start mid-may if i manage to get in.
while i was waiting for the 1-1 interview, quite many people came out with the slip of paper tat indicate that they passed that round.

i hope they won't be giving everyone hope now, and kick all of us out the next round. :(
We have 7000 crews now and aviation business looks to be soaring right now. Next round with your water confidence and skin checks, there will be some casualties for sure. :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 5:33 pm

Luxe wrote:did u guys see any girls that are underweight or below bmi who went in?
Is the height & weight measurement accurate? Becos some of my friends who went claimed that they measured them by 2cm shorter & 2kg heavier..is it true? :???:
The height apparatus always minus 1-2 cm off. :mad: