Singapore Expats Forum

From Norway to Oz, then to Singapore..

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Oslogirl

From Norway to Oz, then to Singapore..

Postby Oslogirl » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:36 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here, are moving to Singapore in june..
Would love to met new friends.. I don't know were to live yet, but are coming to Singapore in April to have a look around.
Any idea were there are good places to live, I have 2 kids from 3-5years.

Have lived in Melbourne for 2 years and love/loved it! I know I will miss Oz but hope Singapore will be good too.

Anyone want to met up in April? ( 18-20 )..

Cheers..

pigscanfly82

Re: From Norway to Oz, then to Singapore..

Postby pigscanfly82 » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 1:00 pm

Oslogirl wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here, are moving to Singapore in june..
Would love to met new friends.. I don't know were to live yet, but are coming to Singapore in April to have a look around.
Any idea were there are good places to live, I have 2 kids from 3-5years.

Have lived in Melbourne for 2 years and love/loved it! I know I will miss Oz but hope Singapore will be good too.

Anyone want to met up in April? ( 18-20 )..

Cheers..

Hey Oslogirl,

Welcome!! I have just transferred to Singapore from Sydney for work (am Singaporean born and been in OZ for more than a decade). Will defintely love to catch up for drinks.

Where r u looking to catch up?

Cheers,

Jess
I think...therefore I am

Oslogirl

Postby Oslogirl » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 1:20 pm

Great Jess! :D

I will be staying at Swissotel , I have no idea were that is, I have never been to Singapore before, this is my husband idea.

He thinks it will be good for me to go alone without kids and husband, just to see how I will like Singapore..

So anywere near there?

Cheers.. :)

Oslogirl

Postby Oslogirl » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 1:26 pm

oh! forgot that I have msn..my msn is :

anki@pogostick.net

Nalini

Europeangirl

Postby Nalini » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:06 pm

Hi!
I've been here since January, with my husband, without a job - but pregnant :-)

I'm European as well and would love to meet some other young mums or mums-to-be.

Oslogirl

Re: Europeangirl

Postby Oslogirl » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 3:43 pm

Nalini wrote:Hi!

I'm European as well and would love to meet some other young mums or mums-to-be.

Great! Maybe we can get togheter in April? Would be great to met!

Patrick777
Regular
Regular

Places to Live ...

Postby Patrick777 » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:51 pm

Lots of nice places to live it's all about budget ... It's not easy to find central Orchard/Tanglin Area 1300sqf + for less than 5k without being next to a building site ...

Rents are going up all the time and are being discussed by everyone .. I've only been here 6 months and I'm already thinking about 18 months time due to hearing many 50-100% price hikes in 2yrs. If your husband company are paying who cares :)

Important factors are ..

Where is your husband working?
Are you planning to buy a car?
Are you planning on putting you children in International Schools?

If he's out by changi then the East coast is good if he's central then it's harder.

We choose Holland Village as it's 20-30 mins by bus or mrt to central town. It's got everything you'd want and rents are a little lower than Orchard. It's surround by green places, Bukit Timah and the botanical gardens etc..

My wife has just given birth to our second in Singapore, we arrived in Oct and she gave birth beg od Dec so if you need to speak to anyone.
Email her similan_sue@yahoo.co.uk with any questions ...

She's always looking for a coffee and a natter she can help advise on places to go for things as well ..

anjoy

Postby anjoy » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:06 pm

Oh, a fellow Scandinavian..... :lol:

Välkommen till Singapore :D

Unfortunatelly I will have to be in Europe for a business trip when you are here for a visit, otherwise I would have loved to meet up for a drink. Maybe when you move here in June?

/A.
The longest journey is the distance between two people

Camilla

Another new scandinavian!!!

Postby Camilla » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Oslogirl and others!

Im also new in town, from Scandinavia and would love to meet up!
Have been here for a month and love Singapore! Would be nice with a social life as well! :D

Let me know if you are up for anything!

Camilla

AdamC
Regular
Regular

Re: Places to Live ...

Postby AdamC » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 7:00 pm

Patrick777 wrote:Lots of nice places to live it's all about budget ... It's not easy to find central Orchard/Tanglin Area 1300sqf + for less than 5k without being next to a building site ...

Rents are going up all the time and are being discussed by everyone .. I've only been here 6 months and I'm already thinking about 18 months time due to hearing many 50-100% price hikes in 2yrs. If your husband company are paying who cares :)

Important factors are ..

Where is your husband working?
Are you planning to buy a car?
Are you planning on putting you children in International Schools?

If he's out by changi then the East coast is good if he's central then it's harder.

We choose Holland Village as it's 20-30 mins by bus or mrt to central town. It's got everything you'd want and rents are a little lower than Orchard. It's surround by green places, Bukit Timah and the botanical gardens etc..

My wife has just given birth to our second in Singapore, we arrived in Oct and she gave birth beg od Dec so if you need to speak to anyone.
Email her similan_sue@yahoo.co.uk with any questions ...

She's always looking for a coffee and a natter she can help advise on places to go for things as well ..

R u the patrick in my msn? haha Adam here