Singapore Expats Forum

Salsa at Brix (Hyatt Hotel) on sunday

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
syssi

Salsa at Brix (Hyatt Hotel) on sunday

Postby syssi » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 1:02 am

Hello every body,

I am sissy, french,30. I like salsa and I am used to dancing in Paris. I 'm just arrived in SIngapore and I would like also to try a place in Singapore for dancing salsa!
I saw on internet that the Brix could be a good place on sunday.
Is someone will be interested ?

Bye!

zebby838
Regular
Regular

Postby zebby838 » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:30 pm

HI sissy...im imterested but i hv not salsa before...can u give me soem tips...

bobby99

am interested too

Postby bobby99 » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 2:11 pm

hi Sissy,
Am interested too..M/27.But i have not danced salsa before.lemme know.

Cheers.
bobby

cneil

Postby cneil » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 7:05 pm

You guys might be crazy.

If you've never danced salsa before, I wouldn't be so eager. Unless you are highly skilled in other dances, it would take at least 3-6 months to learn. I can't imagine a quicker way to embarass yourself than to know nothing about salsa dancing and then attempt to take a serious salsa dancer out on a date.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 8:09 pm

i've been to sunday night at brix.

it's fun and the band is good...even if you don't know how to dance salsa you can pick up the basic basic steps and worse comes to worse...have a few mojitos and imagine yourself in cancun or habana.

besides they don't really dance real salsa like i've seen in mexico, cuba, san francisco or LA. the folks who go usually dance at about half the speed of the cubans / mexicans / latin americans and execute only a few of the moves.

i remember there used to be salsa dance gangs and they would have their "woman" partner. they were amazing to watch...it was more fun to watch them then to dance actually. they had matching jackets and everything. pretty neat stuff.