Singapore Expats Forum

Qatar Airways recuitment on 25th of March

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zigatta
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2007

Postby zigatta » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 5:56 pm

yeah I am trying for the msia round. my hands were put in front as well. :( when did u apply online and when did u get ur invitation? sorry, I have asked many questions haha. :oops:

fly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 23 Mar 2007

Postby fly » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 6:04 pm

if im not mistake, i apply online is at 2/3 march and received the invitation on 20th march.

so are u going to take another photo (which hands placed by side?)
hmm ... im so confuse on it ... (don't know whether wanna take another photo) :???:

zigatta
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2007

Postby zigatta » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 6:15 pm

I dont think I will take again... coz it really costs money & time. sigh... wasted quite a lot of money on it and yes as u said, no guarantee to go into 2nd round also...

so r u going alone or what? shall we meet up or sort? :D

fly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 23 Mar 2007

Postby fly » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 6:18 pm

ya .. i will go alone.

of course we can meet up and go together.

so mind to give me ur email? so we discuss at there.
im going to back ... see u tomorro

bye ....

zigatta
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2007

Postby zigatta » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 6:31 pm

Hey Fly, I have PM-ed u my yahoo email add. do drop me an email there ya. hope to hear from u soon!

zigatta
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2007

Postby zigatta » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 9:05 pm

septemberrr wrote:Hee, since senzen is not here to reply yet.. *KPO*
zigatta wrote:senzen, what kind of group discussion was that? what topic was given? thanks. :)

u r stranded on a planet w ur group mates. u have one mode of transport to travel to another planet, and u r given sun, water and (cant rem). u r allowed to bring another 10 items. what items would u bring and why.

they jus wanna see how u interact with one another. no right or wrong answers.



hey septemberr, thanks so much for replying. haha the question is a bit, err, funny? hahahaha. pretty much to do with imagination and I guess they can sorta tell ur personalities from ur answer.

how was the last round? what were u asked to do?

btw, is there any specific instruction on the dress code? like, black, white, etc. or any business suit will do?

thanks, and congrats. :D

septemberrr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: East

Postby septemberrr » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:05 pm

zigatta wrote:
how was the last round? what were u asked to do?

btw, is there any specific instruction on the dress code? like, black, white, etc. or any business suit will do?


hi zigatta,

they only ask about your previous work experience only... everything about your previous work experience

the dress code is business suit. and u must wear a knee-length skirt (girls). the colour is up to you though =)

hope my answers help :)

senzen
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby senzen » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 2:56 am

Hi septemberr.
What time was your interview today? How was it? I blew mine. Sad. Hmm, what's your no. tag yest?

septemberrr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: East

Postby septemberrr » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:09 am

hi senzen,

maybe we can pm each other to exchange personal info, yea? and yea! i was late yest too and the guy at the conceirge told me it was at level5! i went to level 5 and luckily there was a hotel staff at the lobby and he told me it was at level 6.. thank goodness for him. but i think i blew my interview too because i didnt answer well... sigh...

but guess what, we still have a chance yea? im still holding on to tt little hope.. please hold on together with me...

and i think, whats over is over. cos when i reached there, i asked the only lady at her work station whether that was the correct place and if i needed to wait outside and she said yes. so maybe tt girl didnt know tt there wasnt anyone inside? we never know.. ren xin nan ce.. (r u chinese?)

senzen
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby senzen » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 2:34 am

Let's all just cross our fingers and pray for each other. Okay? Hmmm... if we ever get selected together we'll have company when in Doha. That'll be nice... *dreaming* [-o<

User avatar
Flyer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat, 20 Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Flyer » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 6:04 pm

septemberrr wrote:Hee, since senzen is not here to reply yet.. *KPO*
zigatta wrote:senzen, what kind of group discussion was that? what topic was given? thanks. :)

u r stranded on a planet w ur group mates. u have one mode of transport to travel to another planet, and u r given sun, water and (cant rem). u r allowed to bring another 10 items. what items would u bring and why.

they jus wanna see how u interact with one another. no right or wrong answers.

Hero83 wrote:Are there any male applicants selected for the interview?

Yes, there are.

Flyer wrote:After trying two airlines, and can't even get through the first round. I felt so demoralized. Oh God! Please help me!

Flyer.. Don't give up, yea? Did you know that Kym Ng applied for SIA 6 times before she finally was accepted? I have applied for other airlines before and have also been rejected. The truth is, being rejected at the last round is much worse than being rejected at the first round.. Cos your hopes are suddenly dashed.. :cry: Now, I have just finished my final interview with Qatar, but 2 weeks later when the results r out, I may not even be selected..

I feel tt Qatar is very lenient as compared to SIA.. They look at u more individually. I know some girls from the interviews that some of them have applied for many airlines and even though they did not make it through, they are still trying. The interviewers from Qatar told us in general (before the 2nd interview's elimination) that for those who did not make it, to take at least half a yr to improve on our weaknesses. Things like our language, posture, smile etc.. All these play a part. And what qatarbabe shared with us, it's true that the interviewers are constantly observing us all the time..

I really hope tt u won't give up your dreams so soon. A champion is not one who never fails, but one who never quits. I encourage u to pursue what u want because we can only be young once..

*HUG*


Anyway, wish all those who went for the final interview all the best! I wish I can get selected (even though I feel tt I did not perform well..) and say hi to qatarbabe. She's been a big sister to us in this forum.. Take good care, yea? *HUG*


Thanks for the encouragement. I feels better now.

The 'keep trying' spirit may not apply to me anymore. I have to face the reality as I'm not as young as most of the people here.

Don't worry, I'll try few more times.

If I still can't make it, then I'll continue with my current career. :)
Life is not a bed of roses so cannot expect things to turn out well all the time.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 7:18 pm

Hi Septemberrr,

Same suitation just like you. Been trying out for many airlines. But yet still cant able to get in or select also. Ever have that thought of giving it just like that. Its also suddenly dash my dreams away that i have always been wanting to be.

septemberrr wrote:Hee, since senzen is not here to reply yet.. *KPO*
zigatta wrote:senzen, what kind of group discussion was that? what topic was given? thanks. :)

u r stranded on a planet w ur group mates. u have one mode of transport to travel to another planet, and u r given sun, water and (cant rem). u r allowed to bring another 10 items. what items would u bring and why.

they jus wanna see how u interact with one another. no right or wrong answers.

Hero83 wrote:Are there any male applicants selected for the interview?

Yes, there are.

Flyer wrote:After trying two airlines, and can't even get through the first round. I felt so demoralized. Oh God! Please help me!

Flyer.. Don't give up, yea? Did you know that Kym Ng applied for SIA 6 times before she finally was accepted? I have applied for other airlines before and have also been rejected. The truth is, being rejected at the last round is much worse than being rejected at the first round.. Cos your hopes are suddenly dashed.. :cry: Now, I have just finished my final interview with Qatar, but 2 weeks later when the results r out, I may not even be selected..

I feel tt Qatar is very lenient as compared to SIA.. They look at u more individually. I know some girls from the interviews that some of them have applied for many airlines and even though they did not make it through, they are still trying. The interviewers from Qatar told us in general (before the 2nd interview's elimination) that for those who did not make it, to take at least half a yr to improve on our weaknesses. Things like our language, posture, smile etc.. All these play a part. And what qatarbabe shared with us, it's true that the interviewers are constantly observing us all the time..

I really hope tt u won't give up your dreams so soon. A champion is not one who never fails, but one who never quits. I encourage u to pursue what u want because we can only be young once..

*HUG*


Anyway, wish all those who went for the final interview all the best! I wish I can get selected (even though I feel tt I did not perform well..) and say hi to qatarbabe. She's been a big sister to us in this forum.. Take good care, yea? *HUG*

septemberrr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: East

Postby septemberrr » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:30 pm

It's good to have this forum to encourage one another. Chaiching and flyer, are you all applying for Cathay? :) It's a send-in application, can check out CX thread in the main page yea? Yay, more chances for us.. Haha!!

User avatar
Flyer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat, 20 Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Flyer » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 1:49 pm

septemberrr wrote:It's good to have this forum to encourage one another. Chaiching and flyer, are you all applying for Cathay? :) It's a send-in application, can check out CX thread in the main page yea? Yay, more chances for us.. Haha!!


Encouragement helps a lot, especially when we're down.

Not applying, the route has only two destinations. So pathetic.
Life is not a bed of roses so cannot expect things to turn out well all the time.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 4:50 pm

though its pathetic. but at least its better than dont have right. as long its a singapore base.
by the way, how your's emirates interview yesterday?


Flyer wrote:
septemberrr wrote:It's good to have this forum to encourage one another. Chaiching and flyer, are you all applying for Cathay? :) It's a send-in application, can check out CX thread in the main page yea? Yay, more chances for us.. Haha!!


Encouragement helps a lot, especially when we're down.

Not applying, the route has only two destinations. So pathetic.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests