Singapore Expats

Qatar Airways recuitment on 25th of March

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cutiebabe

Post by cutiebabe » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 5:49 pm

qatarbabe wrote:WALK IN..

WE are IN NEED OF CREW ..

WALK IN..

IF you GOT the INVITE, EVEN BETTER.. if not..

WALK IN..

:D
Thanks QatarBabe! I've check with their managemant already, they say is possible to walkin, thank you very very much..hope can fly with you. :D

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 7:51 am

thanks qatarbabe for the info.
but if your salary is SGD$3,000, is it enough if stay in country like doha?because as i know everything is expensive in middle east country.

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 5:14 pm

For the 1st 2 yrs of flying. Be prepared to be broke. Unless you have really good self control. The money you earn, after deduction (from giving family and maybe a bit of savings), you mainly use it on layovers .. And i never held back coz I don't know when i'll ever go back there again.

As for expenses in DOHA.. you don't have a life in DOHA.. hmm.. we have perhaps less than 10 clubs in DOHA.. Shopping isn't all that great. If you cook, grocery shopping is cheap when you shop in bulk. When its summer, its too damn hot to go out anyway .. so majority of your money wld be spent on internet, phone calls and fake DVDs you'd purchase in China or Bangladesh. :roll:

But alot of us have all somehow managed to live within our means and even rather lavishly i've noted.. so, no worries, its survivable .. and we are after all in a tax free country, so it should be fine. :D

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 9:29 pm

Hi Qatarbabe,

There's some questions which i would like to ask you. Did try quite a few times for Qatar. But always unsuccessful for me. How i envious of those peoples who can get in easily. May i know what are those interviewer are looking for. Is it our weight and height must really be proportionate?

May i know how many times did you try before successfully get it in? I still cant able to reflect what is wrong with me that i cant get it. I also really do like to be a stewardess. Sometimes, i was wondering. Is it my eyes too small? My weight is overweight or maybe im really not fated to be a stewardess?

qatarbabe wrote:For the 1st 2 yrs of flying. Be prepared to be broke. Unless you have really good self control. The money you earn, after deduction (from giving family and maybe a bit of savings), you mainly use it on layovers .. And i never held back coz I don't know when i'll ever go back there again.

As for expenses in DOHA.. you don't have a life in DOHA.. hmm.. we have perhaps less than 10 clubs in DOHA.. Shopping isn't all that great. If you cook, grocery shopping is cheap when you shop in bulk. When its summer, its too damn hot to go out anyway .. so majority of your money wld be spent on internet, phone calls and fake DVDs you'd purchase in China or Bangladesh. :roll:

But alot of us have all somehow managed to live within our means and even rather lavishly i've noted.. so, no worries, its survivable .. and we are after all in a tax free country, so it should be fine. :D

Flyer
Regular
Regular

Post by Flyer » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:05 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi Qatarbabe,

There's some questions which i would like to ask you. Did try quite a few times for Qatar. But always unsuccessful for me. How i envious of those peoples who can get in easily. May i know what are those interviewer are looking for. Is it our weight and height must really be proportionate?

May i know how many times did you try before successfully get it in? I still cant able to reflect what is wrong with me that i cant get it. I also really do like to be a stewardess. Sometimes, i was wondering. Is it my eyes too small? My weight is overweight or maybe im really not fated to be a stewardess?

qatarbabe wrote:For the 1st 2 yrs of flying. Be prepared to be broke. Unless you have really good self control. The money you earn, after deduction (from giving family and maybe a bit of savings), you mainly use it on layovers .. And i never held back coz I don't know when i'll ever go back there again.

Why not attend Fly High workshop?

I went it last week, it was wonderful. They will tell you how to speak & perform during the interview. They even go extra mile to read your resume to tell you what to improve.

It prepared me for this coming interview.

I have attach the website, hope it can solve your doubts.

http://www.ascentcc.com/index.asp
Life is not a bed of roses so cannot expect things to turn out well all the time.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:28 am

Chai Ching, don't think like that, ok?

Cheer up!

For height & weight, U just have to be in the acceptable range. U aren't overweight, are u? Ur BMI is ok right?

If ur weight is the problem, u have to diet first. IF ur height isn't of the requirement, then there's no chance u'll be accepted.

And no, it isn't ur eyes!!! Don't think that there's anything wrong with them!!

How bout ur educational qualifications?

Maybe its the way u carry urself during the interviews.
THAT is the MOST MOSSSST important girl.

Did u smile and look friendly?
Did u speak proper english?
Did u maintain sufficient eye contact?
Did u slouch while presenting or fidgetted alot?
Was ur speech fluent and interesting? Did u speak like u really want ppl to know more about u?
Did u perhaps, sound too arrogant?

Thats is all i can think of at the moment.. Hmm...

Sry if wad i said wasn't relevant, I dunno wad Qatar's interview is like. I've only been to SIA's.

SO gurl, wad is it? :???:

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 9:12 am

To be honest, I got in on my very 1st ever attempt. But, at that time (3 yrs ago), the rules were not so stringent and life was a lot easier back then. I flew to KL for the interview and in a day, you knew where you stood (it was that easy back then). Now, things i've heard got a lot harder.

Perhaps attending the workshop will help you figure what you may have not been doing too well at the interview. But frankly, from what I have heard, different interviewers look for very different things at each QR interview. We still do not have a set "format" as to what we are really looking for.

In addition, I guess perhaps the following info might help you with figuring out what we are looking for.

QR's motto is Taking You More Personally.. And we do seriously try to abide by it (though on many occasions, you don't see tt happening).. But, Passengers ARE OUR NO. 1 priority. We are an airline that really BELIEVES in Customers ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. Sadly, we have the policy of NEVER MAKE A PASSENGER UNHAPPY or you'll have ALOT to answer for. (hope you do get my drift)

But IRONICALLY, we look for crew who looks very "innocent" (so that passengers will not be too harsh with these pple) but at the same time, underneath that costume is a person that is able to stand up in the face of difficulty and danger. We do face horrifyingly difficult passengers... some of which will make you realise how wonderful us Singaporeans are.. So how do you think you can deal with it? Think about it.

I think this will sort of set the attitude you should be in.. Aside from that.. SMILE alot, make an effort to ask questions (lets try to avoid questions about the pay.. try to think of something a little more challenging la), and it does matter how you talk to the other interviewees.. they watch you..

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 1:03 pm

is the height requirement very strict?
i've sent in my resume but no invite
i guess i'll just walk in

how long is the bond may i ask??

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 1:56 pm

As long as you can stretch and reach up a certain height. :)

Bond is about 2.5 to 3 yrs. :)

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 5:31 pm

Hi qatarbabe
wat did you ask the interviewer during your tea party last time?
any question to avoid ask the interviewer?
TIA

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 6:25 pm

you say you have gone for the workshop. so how is it? are you able to get in?
Flyer wrote:

I went it last week, it was wonderful. They will tell you how to speak & perform during the interview. They even go extra mile to read your resume to tell you what to improve.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 6:30 pm

thank you for your encouragement! actually its quite normal when you arent able to get in. thats why i will think that is it something wrong with me? maybe what you have say all here are quite true and i really have to reflect of what you say it here. i think i need to change
Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Chai Ching, don't think like that, ok?

Cheer up!

For height & weight, U just have to be in the acceptable range. U aren't overweight, are u? Ur BMI is ok right?

If ur weight is the problem, u have to diet first. IF ur height isn't of the requirement, then there's no chance u'll be accepted.

And no, it isn't ur eyes!!! Don't think that there's anything wrong with them!!

How bout ur educational qualifications?

Maybe its the way u carry urself during the interviews.
THAT is the MOST MOSSSST important girl.

Did u smile and look friendly?
Did u speak proper english?
Did u maintain sufficient eye contact?
Did u slouch while presenting or fidgetted alot?
Was ur speech fluent and interesting? Did u speak like u really want ppl to know more about u?
Did u perhaps, sound too arrogant?

Thats is all i can think of at the moment.. Hmm...

Sry if wad i said wasn't relevant, I dunno wad Qatar's interview is like. I've only been to SIA's.

SO gurl, wad is it? :???:

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 7:10 pm

Unfortunately, during my interview 3 yrs ago, it was way way simpler... so i didn't have the high tea segment of it. Best to ask the other crew who have gone through it.

So sorry for not being able to help in this regards.. :)

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 8:46 pm

no no.... its all right. never mind, its not your fault. you have been such a great help and furnish information to here quite a lot. i just only want to ask you opinions whether you know what interviewers are looking for or what they actually want.

wow.... seems like that time you went for Qatar interview. their interview is quite simple. you are right about that. nowsadays, its more and more difficult. thats why its now not easy to get in. if its so easy, all of us can apply already. haha.... am i right about that?

qatarbabe wrote:Unfortunately, during my interview 3 yrs ago, it was way way simpler... so i didn't have the high tea segment of it. Best to ask the other crew who have gone through it.

So sorry for not being able to help in this regards.. :)

Flyer
Regular
Regular

Post by Flyer » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 9:49 pm

chai ching wrote:you say you have gone for the workshop. so how is it? are you able to get in?
Flyer wrote:

Initially, I wanted to attend the workshop on 24th Mar but last minute the trainer has to go for a talk. Later, they arranged one to one session.

The workshop covered the role of the cabin crew, what recruiters look for, Self-introduction speeches, interview skills and questions, etc.

Jason, the trainer, worked for Qatar Airways before. I would say that he is experienced.
Life is not a bed of roses so cannot expect things to turn out well all the time.