Singapore Expats

WHAT IS A CLAN HOUSE?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
tangy13

WHAT IS A CLAN HOUSE?

Post by tangy13 » Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:00 am

WE ARE PLANNING TO MOVE IN TO A HOUSE NEXT TO CLAN HOUSE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS A CLAN HOUSE? WHAT IS IT USED FOR?IS IT OK TO LIVE NEXT TO A CLAN HOUSE? THE HOUSE IS VERY BIG AND WELL KEPT AND 5 MINS FROM THE MRT. WOULD APPRECIATE SOME VIEWS AND INFO ON THIS. THANKS

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:37 am

You are obviously new to Forums. Welcome to ours.

It is common courtesy on forums to NOT type in all capital letters. In forum speak it is the same as shouting or angry. Not at all in good form. Please refrain from using all cap text unless you "are" shouting or angry.

Clan houses are used by different families here. Sometimes they can get noisy till all hours of the night but generally they are okay. As long as incense fumes don't bother you you should be okay.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:35 pm

They can be very noisy indeed. Look forward to readful karaoke, the sound of mahjong tiles clattering, and tipsy aunties arguing and hailing taxis outside your house at all hours of the night.

If you're lucky, they might also be the base for a dragon dance/drumming troupe.