Singapore Expats Forum

Name of Restaurant

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

xtcbill

Name of Restaurant

Postby xtcbill » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 7:45 pm

Hi people, can anyone help me in the name of a restaurant, which i believe is good for airline spotters as its located right nigh on at the end of the runway at Changi. I found this place on Google Earth and would really like any help for a name of this eating place.
Regards

Bill in Perth

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 8:35 pm

Thinking up names is not my strong point (perhaps evident by nic) but here goes; how about 'Flyaway'. :D :D

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:02 pm

Plavt wrote:Thinking up names is not my strong point (perhaps evident by nic) but here goes; how about 'Flyaway'. :D :D

I think the OP is after an actual existing restaurant Sir

Could be somewhere in Changi Beach Park?

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:58 pm

Saint wrote:I think the OP is after an actual existing restaurant Sir

Could be somewhere in Changi Beach Park?

:oops!: :oops: Thanks Saint, really can't help with that one.

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:26 am

Unless I'm mistaken there isn't a restaurant in the beach park. I'm not sure what is shown that suggests a restaurant but the ferry terminal is off the end of the runway on the beach (obviously!) There's probably a makan stall in there but hardly a restaurant and only for the military lads off for a bit of ICT

Unless there's something in the air freight terminal area, I only go down that far for the airshow so don't know it that well.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Postby lost_canuck » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:09 pm

xtcbill

nice restuarant

Postby xtcbill » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 4:12 pm

looking on the google earth programme that restuarant is located south of the runway and it appears to be at the bottom end of the golf course..
I love plane spotting and this sounds right up my street. Maybe its part of the golf course i dont know.The gold course seems in 2 halves devided by a inlet that has bridges going across it.. the place is on the very southern end on the right hand side of the golf course .. hope thats more help for a name :)
Regards

Bill in Perth

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:11 pm

OK, I'm with you now - I was at the wrong end of the runway.

The flagged restaurant on Google Earth is within the NSRCC Sea Sports Centre, NSRCC being the National Service Resort and Country Club. Looking at their website I reckon the place you are looking at is the South Changi restuarant. (A search for NSRCC gave me a home page but all the links were duff. Then I went to the homepage www.srcc.com.sg recommended in the browser error message and had a bit more joy).

Now I had a brief look to see if it was open to the public but didn't find anything so I would guess that your best bet is if you know a member who will take you in as a guest. Since all adult males are NSmen that may not be too difficult.

Good luck!
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: nice restuarant

Postby ksl » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 1:47 am

xtcbill wrote:looking on the google earth programme that restuarant is located south of the runway and it appears to be at the bottom end of the golf course..
I love plane spotting and this sounds right up my street. Maybe its part of the golf course i dont know.The gold course seems in 2 halves devided by a inlet that has bridges going across it.. the place is on the very southern end on the right hand side of the golf course .. hope thats more help for a name :)

If it's the golf club, I've been there, NS members nice place and great for plane spotting, still need good lens for the camera shots, although membership is quite high, loads of facilities, large swimming pool too, for members only though!