Singapore Expats

Jetairways

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Jetairways

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:38 am

I was just wondering whether anyone knows anything about JETAIRWAYS?
I heard alot of good things about this airline. The pay is good and so is the benefits. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank You

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:40 pm

The basic pay is S$1700 before flying pay and per diem/allowances but the passenger profile and the yearly SEP is difficult. I know a few seniors who quit to go back to normal airlines. They take in those with a minimum of 1 year full service airline experience. They just recruited recently at the Marriott. You can choose a base and stick there - The SIN base crew do a Singapore-Delhi-London Heathrow.

You can expect on average your salary to hit the S$5-S$6k mark per month depending on how good your schedule is.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:24 pm

I heard they only want indians. QM try it.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:00 pm

Matt10 wrote:I heard they only want indians. QM try it.
That applies to their domestic operations ref;

http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/en-U ... mestic.htm

This is for their interanational operations;

International Operations
One of the world’s finest airlines seeks Cabin Crew for its international operations.
Who can apply?Experienced Cabin Crew (Male/Female) with minimum one year of flying experience with a leading  international carrier. We are seeking candidates across all positions. Aspirants of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
What more does Jet Airways offer?Suitable candidates with appropriate experience will be appointed at Supervisory levels.
Remuneration will be on par with leading international airlines.?Crew will be based in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Singapore, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.
How to apply?Candidates can apply online.

http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/en-U ... tional.htm

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 2:03 pm

QM as far as I know is Malay. Jet Airways SIN based crew need not be Indian - any race can apply provided you have relevant airline experience (not budget carrier - it must be full service).

anindamchoudhury

Post by anindamchoudhury » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 3:58 pm

hi there

i work for Jet Airways, been with this company for the last 6 years. Its one of the finest airline of the world, i can definitely vouch for that having travelled on several other airline in different continent. Although its an young airline, it has already established itself very well, with a large and young fleet and a amazing personnel. Although this might sound more like a marketing pitch, I am just stating the reality, you may like to visit the www.jetairways.com website and have a look at the different awards we have recieved over the years for different departments, which proves the overall emphasis thats provided.

Jet Airways welcomes staff members from any country, race as long as you prove your worth. We have non-Indians in different departments and in the highest runk as well.

If you are particularly interested about inflight department, presently we mainly employ experienced crew members from this region. We generally come up with ads in newspapers.

Hope this information helps. If you want any further information, you can email at [email protected]

good luck

a

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Mon, 12 Mar 2007 1:31 pm

Thank You so much for all the replies.
I just want to clarify my doubts about this airline cause I've heard good things about it.
[Not that I wanna join]
I've just started with silkair and intending to stay long here. ;)
But maybe someday I might want to apply but not that soon.
Thank You everyone

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:33 pm

queenie-me wrote:Thank You so much for all the replies.
I just want to clarify my doubts about this airline cause I've heard good things about it.
[Not that I wanna join]
I've just started with silkair and intending to stay long here. ;)
But maybe someday I might want to apply but not that soon.
Thank You everyone
Dear you-know-who,

Try after your bond k! You know how young you are and you have a long way to go girl.. Not like me.. Old already.. Haha..

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

Return to “Airline Careers”