Singapore Expats Forum

That's it, had enough of you lot.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles

That's it, had enough of you lot.

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 6:53 am

That's it, had enough of you lot!!!!!!!............I mean.........where are you all for goodness sake? Here's me, typing my little botty off, and there's you, gone all quiet.
I have posted about two thousand posts today and what do I get? Nothing, zilch, nada, not a murmer.
So, where are you all? I bet you're out having fun, aren't you? Hmm?
OK, now you're saying......'That British female has too much time on her hands'........maybe true, but I have managed to do some of them from work, some from home.........(There's a trick to typing stuff at work.........scratch your head a lot.......pick up a pen now and again, look at the screen, write something down......mine usually says........lalalalala....or any old rubbish.......look as if you're concentrating hard)..........yes, the British economy will flourish under my reign, be sure of that. I will take Britain into riches, with all my head scratching and forum waffling.
And now it's tipping down with rain. And I should be thinking of an interesting end to a story I'm doing............and still no one is answering.
Is there something you're not telling me? Do I smell? Do I make your ears ache with all this rubbish?
No, don't tell me............
Seriously though, I could go on all night.
I wish we could see each other on this forum. No, perhaps that's not a good idea for you, as apart from having to put up with this written crap from me, then you'd have to see me writing it to you also.
Night night everyone.
Some postings are full of hot air, aren't they? Hence my name......
Take care. Bubbles.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 9:09 am

We are here .... we heard you ....

What are you working as there? Oh ya, wrote you an email a week ago, did you receive it?
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Fiip

Postby Fiip » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 9:25 pm

Hi Bubbles,

I don't who you include in your "you" but know that I'm open to some chat and am regularly here wandering around.

I did not introduce myself : future french expat in SG (start Oct 1st) for at least 3 years. Been there last week, really enjoyed the place (new a lot about but never been there ...), found a flat and explored few places.
However, looks it might be hard (perhaps I'm to shy to disturb people in their regular life) to find some contacts when arriving 'cos I don't know anybody there yet apart my boss and some of my future team.

Therefore, I'll be please with any friendly (no offence :wink: ) contact I could make before going there.

Read U soon maybe ... ;)

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

That's it you lot........

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 9:41 pm

Hey Everyone

And hi Fiip

Now then, no need to be shy in Singapore cos regardless of what some folk say, local people are really friendly..............on this forum for instance..........just ask for friends.........I know there's a lady on here called Desperuth who has lots to do with one group of ladies who go out together........mind you........sorry Fiip, only quickly read your email, so you maybe male........but nice guys on here too and I'm guessing they'd be pleased to meet up for a drink and show you the sights and tell you what's going on..........Isn't that right you men???????

OK, glad I'm not going crazy.........thought the Triffid's had attacked everyone out there and I was the only one left....(The Day of the Triffids maybe ancient now, but I think it's still one of the best sci-fi stories there is...........pity they've not made it into a modern film as the old one has the Triffids looking a bit sad when they could make them really evil with modern tech)......what do others think?

OK, not the same thread but it's my mind folks, told you I was going bananas........
Byeeeeeeeeee

Fiip

Postby Fiip » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:06 pm

Hey ! here's an answer :)

As you did not noticed I was a male, I just noticed also that you were not aymore in SG ;)

Actually, I'm quite concerned about the way I'm going to "re-build" a social life.
I'm Single, going there by challenge and because the smell of Asia was to hard to resist, I leave behind quite a lot of friends from different activities that I will surely a lot in the first coming months.

I spent the whole last week wandering around in Chinatown, Little india, Orchard, Holland and CBD but never managed to start a discussion neither with local nor with supposed expat people crossed anywhere in the street or MRT. Then : from where to start ? "Hello I'd like to be your friends" ??? Naaaaaa !!!
Actually, last week, I felt like I was a "psychotic" guy snaring strangely at people because of lack of communication (felt ssoooo alooone this last week) and it was very incomfortable to feel this way. (While actually in normal life I'm quite open minded and empathic with others).
There I'm now becoming quite anxious to see this phenomenon standing for month and never manage to create occasions to meet & discuss with "interesting" people...

Think some people here could introduce me to Sg "social life" ???

PS : Male doesn't mean to eager for easy dating with SPG. Could be obvious but better saying it.

Global citizen

Postby Global citizen » Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:54 am

Hi Bubbles,

Just curious but did you ever write for this group called Magazines Inc in Singapore when you lived there? I ask because many years ago, I worked for this co. briefly and they had a Welsh lass on board by the name of Julie or Julia.

How do you like living in Bahrain and what is it you do there? How do you deal with the heat that you've mentioned in some of your posts?

P.S. Bubbles is not just for hot air! To me it represents bright, sparkling and effervescent as in champagne! :)

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

That's it, had enough of you lot.....lol

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 26 Aug 2004 4:40 pm

Hi last two posts, and everyone
Hi Fiip,

OK forum, how about a few replies for the newbie young man who needs to be shown around town. Come on Singapore, you know how miserable it is in new places, alone. Don't some of you guys go out on the weekend in a crowd? Why not take a new lad along with you? It's bound to be fun, meeting new people. When I get into town I'll be round your places, knocking on the doors saying, 'OK, up you get, we're going out'....but then, I never was shy!!!!!

Seriously, come on, point this man in the right direction. I can't remember the amount of times I felt fed up to the back teeth in a foreign place, if only I'd had a few local friends to show me the ropes, it would have made all the difference.

In answer to the second question. Hi, Global Citizen. No, I'm not in Sing any longer, but visit at least twice a year. I am now back in the UK, in Wales. My hubby lives in Bahrain and I visit him there regularly. It's a friendly place, local people are sweet and kind, and much misunderstood. The world paints Muslims with a bad brush, my experience of the religion and the people has only ever been good. So many Malay friends too, so how did they get this bad write up all over the place? Strange world, isn't it? When I was here I was on the editing committe of an Expat club magazine, for six years. Not full time, but I enjoyed it very much.
Nowadays I do freelance stuff, but not huge amounts. There's fierce competition out there, but I plod on. Still trying to get a plan for a book....(but, aren't we all?) Also, trying to start a business, but as yet, the right idea hasn't jumped out at me, but, one day.
So, enough rubbish about me..........as you can tell from most of my postings on the forum, I'm completely round the bend............but.......I like it!!!!!lol
Byeeee.....Bubbs.