Singapore Expats

Jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
BrentB

Re: Jobs in Singapore

Post by BrentB » Thu, 19 May 2016 6:27 am

Thank you for your input, Strong Eagle.

Do you see any Business Admin. holders from abroad secure jobs in Singapore if they have nearly four years of experience? Or does the experience not count for much because the jobs are financial/admin/business related, and locals can do all these types of jobs.

If that is the case, what can I do to make myself more worthy for companies in Singapore? Or are all of my chances dismal at this point?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 19 May 2016 8:35 am

BrentB wrote:Thank you for your input, Strong Eagle.

Do you see any Business Admin. holders from abroad secure jobs in Singapore if they have nearly four years of experience? Or does the experience not count for much because the jobs are financial/admin/business related, and locals can do all these types of jobs.

If that is the case, what can I do to make myself more worthy for companies in Singapore? Or are all of my chances dismal at this point?
Your best bet is to work for an MNC and get transferred in. It is very difficult to job hunt from a distance and as you have already discovered, the recruiters are worth a bucket of warm crap.

Four years experience isn't much. Your level, "lead" butts right up against the Singapore government's desire to put more Singaporeans to work in the PMET category... professionals, managers, executives, and technicians.

The other thing is that if you were to land a job it would be at local pay and local compensation package. At your age a large number of Singaporeans still live at home and can deal with shitty pay... as an expat you'll have quite a few expenses that the locals won't.

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue, 24 May 2016 2:13 pm

Hi,

I'm new in this forum and currently resides in Pakistan. I'm an Electrical Engineer and want to move Singapore for the job opportunity. kindly guide how i'll search the job in my relevant field asap.

Regards,
Abdullah Hassan

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 May 2016 4:35 pm

Job Street, Job's DB, Classifieds, Help wanted on this site (not the forum), Monster.com, google 'Job Placement agencies Singapore'. Good Luck. You are going to need it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

diorly

Post by diorly » Sat, 28 May 2016 4:48 pm

It's not easy to get expat to teach in Singapore yeah.. i've been looking for a American or Canadian to teach English language for a long time but nobody seems interested even thou the salary is good! :(

cassandrav

Post by cassandrav » Tue, 21 Jun 2016 1:35 pm

Gone are the days when getting job in SG for foreigners was quite easy. Now with strict laws and guidelines, it has become extremely tough to get work permit (or EP) visa and even PR status.

plutus123

Post by plutus123 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 5:50 pm

Dear team I work in the life science pharmaceutical industry and am looking for expat jobs in this arena? Can anyone help? Are there recruiters that can assist? Really appreciate any feedback you can give
Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Jobs in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 4:02 pm

plutus123 wrote:Dear team I work in the life science pharmaceutical industry and am looking for expat jobs in this arena? Can anyone help? Are there recruiters that can assist? Really appreciate any feedback you can give
Thanks
Which team are you asking ?

You gotta do your own search and Network...

joemeow

Post by joemeow » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 3:29 pm

My friend has 10 years of operations banking experience. He is now looking for better opportunity. Any advice i can give to him!

systengr

Post by systengr » Wed, 14 Sep 2016 8:48 pm

I am member of Lions Clubs International serve to children and female’s education last 7 years and still now working in my home country as General Manager in a small import and distribution company.

I’m 37+ years young smart man have Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing from Asian country with high skilled and professional experience on photography (contributor on shutterstock, account on flickr and nationalgeography, behance), graphics design (can do any vector illustration), laptop and internet troubleshooting, customer support, marketing and sales last 15 years successfully with various multination companies and can do private car driving 10 years with government licenses.

It is possible to get job in Singapore from my Home Country?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 14 Sep 2016 9:18 pm

systengr wrote:I am member of Lions Clubs International serve to children and female’s education last 7 years and still now working in my home country as General Manager in a small import and distribution company.

I’m 37+ years young smart man have Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing from Asian country with high skilled and professional experience on photography (contributor on shutterstock, account on flickr and nationalgeography, behance), graphics design (can do any vector illustration), laptop and internet troubleshooting, customer support, marketing and sales last 15 years successfully with various multination companies and can do private car driving 10 years with government licenses.

It is possible to get job in Singapore from my Home Country?
Which country is that ?

Most of your experience aren't considered domain experience. It's worth a try to focus on a job that's your key strength.

systengr

Post by systengr » Wed, 14 Sep 2016 9:27 pm

from dhaka, bangladesh

henrycameron

Post by henrycameron » Sat, 15 Oct 2016 3:15 pm

Is there any vacancy for driver in Travel Agency?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 15 Oct 2016 4:46 pm

henrycameron wrote:Is there any vacancy for driver in Travel Agency?
Are you a Singaporean ? If not what passport / pass do you have in Singapore?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Oct 2016 5:05 pm

henrycameron wrote:Is there any vacancy for driver in Travel Agency?
tic...toc...tic...toc...

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers