Singapore Expats

Jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jobs in Singapore

Post by joop » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 2:34 pm

Post and Find Jobs in Singapore Expats Classifieds

Singapore Expats Jobs

jumping_gene

Post by jumping_gene » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:46 pm

what about science jobs?

inakee0125

Advise please

Post by inakee0125 » Thu, 17 May 2007 5:28 pm

Hi! I am new at this forum. I am a Filipina currently in Doha Qatar and have applied for an EPEC. I am planning to move to Singapore so I can be closer to the Philippines where my children is. I need to know what are the chances of a Filipina with Banking, Customer Service, Call Center, Administrative experience have in SG? ALso, can you give me an idea on how much (reality) salaray can I possibly get? Appreciate any feedback.
Mophette 

nguyenkhc

Post by nguyenkhc » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 5:25 pm

I am Vietnamese with post graduate (MBA).
I have been working in insurance industry for 3 years. I wish to go to singapore to work to improve and leadership, experience and skills.

Interested in insurance/finance areas.

Please help if you can sort out there!

Thank you so much!

hnj

counselor job in Singapore

Post by hnj » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:20 pm

What can I do with my counseling degree?

Mike lou

Jobs in Singhapore

Post by Mike lou » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:59 pm

Singaporean sovereign wealth fund Temasek Holdings, which invested billions in US investment bank Merrill Lynch, has reported a record profit of $S18.2 billion ($A14.8 billion).
But the state-linked investment firm which controls some of Asia's best-known companies warned that slowing global economic growth following the US financial crisis could limit future opportunities.
"The fallout of the credit crisis will continue to dampen the global economy over the next 24 months, with sharply escalated oil and food prices beginning to test inflation expectations," said company chairman S Dhanabalan.
------------------------
Mike lou

http://www.hookup-tonite.com

staryalley

Call Centre Jobs

Post by staryalley » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:11 am

There are many major call centres in Singapore and the range of jobs available is quite wide.. From customer service to telesales to technical support to business development to back office support... Industries that engage Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) providers or call centres if you call it also ranges widely.. From banking & finance to business solutions to travel to F&B and many more..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Call Centre Jobs

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:38 am

staryalley wrote:There are many major call centres in Singapore and the range of jobs available is quite wide.. From customer service to telesales to technical support to business development to back office support... Industries that engage Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) providers or call centres if you call it also ranges widely.. From banking & finance to business solutions to travel to F&B and many more..
And oddly enough an extremely high percentage of them are mostly from the Philippines. And the rest are from India. But at least having them come here and eventually get PR gives the local gene pool a lift that's badly needed. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

staryalley

Post by staryalley » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 3:24 pm

We could exclude them but only if we have the relevant talents to support this industry when locals think that they are too high up to work in a call centre when they don't even realize that they don't even meet the mark in the first place.

EHAB

Post by EHAB » Fri, 26 Sep 2008 3:38 pm

WHAT ABOUT HR PEOPLE ??

gfunk777ph

Any photography jobs???

Post by gfunk777ph » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 9:15 pm

Any photography jobs???

Just resign from a cruise ship and looking for a job here in Singapore. Any help???

mules17

*UK based IT Person, looking for an IT Expat job in Sing!*

Post by mules17 » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 8:42 am

:D :D

I currently live in the Isle Of Man, UK and have been looking to move to Singapore for about a year now....
Unfortunately, not been able to get an opportunity to be considered for any positions, as Im not in the area.

Does anyone know of any IT Support jobs within any industry or any ITIL based jobs that I can be considered for please....

Many thanks
:)

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Helping a friend from india to apply for a job in Spore.

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:16 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone knows what are the procedures, and which job agency or expat website a foreigner from india will be able to apply for a job in Singapore?

Will foreigners be able to go to singapore expats job search to simply search for a job and apply from there? Are the jobs listed there strictly for expats to apply? I thought it seems to be for locals only..instead of expats..anyone can verify this?

Many thanks and your help will be appreciated!
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:37 pm

It all depends on the employer who is doing the hiring, not the job boards listing the positions. However, as it should be, most jobs are for the locals and the only time a foreigner would be considered is when there are not sufficient locals to fill the positions or have high enough qualifications or experience to fill the job. Send you CV to all the boards you can, but don't be surprised if they do not get back to you. They are rather unprofessional here to say the least.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular

Post by AngryAngMo » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:39 am

Hey,

my girlfriend is arriving in Singapore soon and is looking for a job in the marketing area, she graduated with marketing / finance, besides the links in the first post, are there any good tips or pages specific for those areas to find good job offerings? I am thankful for any help!
cheers