Singapore Expats

Jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Jobs in Singapore

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jan 2020 2:58 pm

Doesn't work like that in Singapore. Maybe that's why you are having a problem. Your gravitas doesn't exist here. Ang Moh no special privilege anymore, Wasn't much 30 years ago either. Your track record on here is disgusting and counter-productive as well, but it doesn't stop you, even though you know it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Tue, 14 Jan 2020 3:03 pm

Everyone wants to believe they're the architect of their own destiny :) Um, but who said I have a problem with my career. I'm doing much better than my skillset merits, that's my point.
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jan 2020 3:10 pm

tiktok wrote:
Tue, 14 Jan 2020 3:03 pm
Everyone wants to believe they're the architect of their own destiny :) Um, but who said I have a problem with my career. I'm doing much better than my skillset merits, that's my point.
Are you still a trailing spouse on a DP?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Tue, 14 Jan 2020 3:20 pm

Sure, but I don't need a work permit for what I do.
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jan 2020 4:01 pm

Don't forget to file your taxes here though. Surely you don't want IRAS down your throat. SE has already pointed that out to you.

nikhil_pal

Post by nikhil_pal » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 1:44 pm

Hello
My friend wants to bring his wife to Singapore and he is on spass, his wife is offered a job in Singapore with a very small company and they want to pay her in Indian Rupees Salary for first 2 months and later after looking at her performance they will give her salary equivalent to SGD. I see this is something fishy here also I doubt which pass they can offer to her on this kind of arrangement.

Need some advice.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 2:43 pm

Sounds like it's an Indian employer and we all know that they are more than willing to screw anybody, even their own countrymen. Yes, it's fishy unless she is going to be offered either a WP or S pass but even then, she has to have her salary quoted in SG dollars to MOM, unless they are planning on employing here illegally for the first two months. If she does and gets caught, she will be locked up and when finally released she will be deported and banned from Singapore, full stop. So, in my view, this is a no go.

nikhil_pal

Post by nikhil_pal » Thu, 30 Jan 2020 11:53 am

Hello Guys,
My wife's Dependent Pass has been approved and since I am on E Pass which means she is allowed to Work in Singapore too, I need some guidance on how she can begin her job search in Singapore. Should be we look for any employment agency that can help?
P.S She has 4+ years of Experience in Fintech in India.

Please share your views.

Jackabena

Post by Jackabena » Tue, 26 May 2020 3:09 pm

I am new here am a Ghanaian and wish to get a job in Singapore with my fiancee pls how do I get a jib before getting into the country

angelkilian

Post by angelkilian » Sat, 06 Jun 2020 6:19 pm

nikhil_pal wrote:
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 11:53 am
Hello Guys,
My wife's Dependent Pass has been approved and since I am on E Pass which means she is allowed to Work in Singapore too, I need some guidance on how she can begin her job search in Singapore. Should be we look for any employment agency that can help?
P.S She has 4+ years of Experience in Fintech in India.

Please share your views.
Hi! Jumping in here as a career coach and with 10 years of HR/recruitment experience helping both corporate and startup businesses launch, scale and grow so I know what teams look for at each stage with the talent they bring on.

You don't need an employment agency to help her look for a role but with a competitive talent landscape, she needs to make sure she has her job search strategy and tactic set up right. I would suggest she works on getting her personal brand reflected properly with her CV an an optimised Linkedin to put her in the best light for prospective roles. You can even look up youtube videos to see how to structure it best :) Hope that helps!

angelkilian

Post by angelkilian » Sat, 06 Jun 2020 6:22 pm

Jackabena wrote:
Tue, 26 May 2020 3:09 pm
I am new here am a Ghanaian and wish to get a job in Singapore with my fiancee pls how do I get a jib before getting into the country
To be honest it will be very difficult to get a job in Singapore at the moment if you aren't already in country!

Bunny101

Post by Bunny101 » Mon, 05 Oct 2020 1:23 pm

Hi, currently I'm on EP and my wife is on DP.

If I need to switch to a new job while on my EP, first I need to get the IPA under the new employer is it?

I can work in the meantime with my current employer is it? Is that affecting to my wife's DP?

Appreciate if someone can help me on this query.
Thanks!

louismerlinanand

Post by louismerlinanand » Mon, 16 Nov 2020 4:12 pm

Dear Friends,

In my search for a job in Singapore, I was glad that I found this forum. I am from India (Chennai) and looking out for a role in Learning Management Systems having implementation/support experience working with various LMS like SuccessFactors, SABA, CSOD, SumTotal etc...

Please support/refer me with/to the relevant contacts if you are able to.

Thanks and Stay Safe !

Best Regards,
Louis Merlin Anand J

youssef.harhour

Post by youssef.harhour » Fri, 11 Dec 2020 5:53 am

Dear people,

I am from Amsterdam and have a bachelor degree in International Business Management. I speak 5 languages and also a little bit General Arabic though I can read and write it and my vocabulary is very high I just need a bit of training. What are my chances of getting a job in Singapore? I have work experience in hospitality, business and logistics. What are the chances of getting a working permit? Is that difficult? And housing? I mean just a single room with a van and shared kitchen. I am planning to maybe come around july. Please leave tips and advice. I would be gratefull and if I can do anything in exhange let me know. (Maybe advices about Amsterdam and Europe)

Regards

youssef.harhour

Re:

Post by youssef.harhour » Fri, 11 Dec 2020 6:07 am

Dannny wrote:
Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:12 pm
Good Luck

but I'm not givin up

I'm gonna try till I get one, Because it's my goal

I was offered a £60000 p annum when I was leaving

So I cant give up

Can you please be gental. This guy had the courage to share valuable information. Please make this a pleasant environment to share information and especially in these difficult times.