Singapore Expats

Visa question

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:12 am

Visa question

Post by Bannockburn » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:39 am

Hi there, we are moving to Singapore with my husbands company at the end of March. Myself and my youngest daughter will have dependants visas. We also have a 20 year old daughter studying in the UK and she will visit us frequently during holidays from college. Is there a visa we can apply for on her behalf or would she have to live in Singapore with us permanently?

User avatar
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 9:46 pm

Post by lost_canuck » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:43 am

I would think she could just use the tourist visas when she comes

Posts: 202
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:04 am

Post by skye » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 4:51 pm

She can have a dependent's pass until she turns 21 and then a long term social visit pass as long as she is unmarried or just go straight for LTSVP once your husband's own EP comes through. It's worth doing that if she will be here regularly for longer than 30 days. If she will be here for shorter trips, or will exit the country and then re-enter after a short trip away around the region, she can get 30 day visitors visa stamp on arrival each time by filling in the immigration card given out on the plane. My student sons just do that now as they are rarely in Singapore longer than 4 weeks during their summer break. LTSVP for sons over 21 is not an option, but allowed for unwed daughters!
PS being nosey but are you from Bannockburn?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests