Singapore Expats

Has anyone tried Snow City

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
kvellur

Has anyone tried Snow City

Post by kvellur » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 4:18 pm

My son is turning 12 and I was thinking it might be fun to take a few boys to Snow City for his birthday. Has anyone tried Snow tubing there?

puneet
Regular
Regular

Post by puneet » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 4:25 pm

ull be shocked cos its a small place , cannot last more than half hour there , maybe max one hour , but if its snow tubing u like then go for it , the hill is not too steep and not too hihg either , very slippery tho , its jus for tourists mainly who wanna go there n take a couple of snaps ,

kvellur

Post by kvellur » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 8:54 pm

Hmm, maybe it is not such a good choice for a B-day party after all. Thanks for your input.

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:07 pm

I haven't been, but my daughter went and wasn't too impressed (she's 9 and hasn't even seen much snow in her life so I thought she'd really enjoy it!).

But if you're looking for a place for a birthday party it might be good to go with just the family for a trip first and see what you think.

For birthdays, bowling is quite a good one and the ice rink seems to go down pretty well, although it is small and a bit run down. Wild Wild Wet might be another place to go, but I'd avoid the arranged birthday parties and just organise your own trip. We went to an Escape theme park birthday party (organised thing) recently and it was pretty lame (to use the kids own words!) because they hardly got to go on any of the rides, just did games with the 'birthday party' staff, which, to be honest, they could have done anywhere.

This year, for my (nearly 10 year old) daughter, we're just going to arrange our own thing and take a few friends, rather than do a themed party at one of these places.

XaviGal

Post by XaviGal » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:53 pm

Yep, it's kinda small inside. And there's not much activities u can do inside as well. It might be interesting when you just step in, but it gets boring after a while. :)

silverfern

Post by silverfern » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:54 pm

We took our 11 year old son and were quite dissappointed. Basically there is one small run on rubber inner tubes, you must queue and are ushered into position waiting for the all clear, with only one individual/group at a time. When its busy you probably get a maximum of 8-10 runs per session. The only bonus is that its COLD.

The luge on Sentosa would be a far better option.

puneet
Regular
Regular

Post by puneet » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 2:25 pm

i agree with silver fern , the luge ride is so much more fun than the snow city thingy , u cud take them on the luge ride and the 4d show , thats also fun

kvellur

Post by kvellur » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 4:11 pm

Thank you everyone for your input. It looks like I will not be doing the Snow City. I like the idea of the Luge and the 4d show, I am going to look into that.