Singapore Expats

how long does it take to get driving license in singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
jasmine_g

how long does it take to get driving license in singapore?

Post by jasmine_g » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:18 am

I am an expat and am thinking of taking driving lessons here.I was wondering how many lessons would you have to take before you can take the test? Also would a singaporean driving license be iternationally recognised?Any recommendation of good driving school? Appreciate any advice,thanks

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:58 pm

If you are talking about Class 3 driving license,,you can get all the info on www.bbdc.com.sg ..usually it takes about 6 mths at least, minimum.
As for being recognised ,,i am not sure.. but since they make it so tough to pass the tests...i believe that it has to be recognised. :cool:
Always have a smile on that face!

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 1:17 pm

chixchix wrote: As for being recognised ,,i am not sure.. but since they make it so tough to pass the tests...i believe that it has to be recognised. :cool:
Police or people overseas have no idea how tough/easy it may be so you should check on this one. Car rental companies etc. will take your licence from the country you reside since they don't expect every person to have every licence of every country they will visit.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: how long does it take to get driving license in singapor

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 5:15 pm

jasmine_g wrote:I am an expat and am thinking of taking driving lessons here.I was wondering how many lessons would you have to take before you can take the test? Also would a singaporean driving license be iternationally recognised?Any recommendation of good driving school? Appreciate any advice,thanks
How long have you been in Singapore? And, do you already have a driving license from your home country?

jasmine_g

Post by jasmine_g » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 7:20 pm

I have been in Singapore for nearly 3 years.I dont have any previous driving license