Singapore Expats Forum

How was your Valentine's Day?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

2die4
Regular
Regular

How was your Valentine's Day?

Postby 2die4 » Sun, 18 Feb 2007 4:10 pm

Well this might be quite late...

But do you mind sharing how your valentine's day was?

Any interesting happening, any violent reactions?

Did you spend it with someone special or was it just another day?

Share your thoughts and experiences.... :wink:
"Quod me nutruit, me destruit..."

NBB2

Postby NBB2 » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 4:19 pm

Better late....

I spent my V-day counting all my cards. Wow, took me a full 20 seconds, not quite as long as sending them to myself last week.

Not really, I jest.

It was quite a nice Valentine's. We sat on the rug by the fire, sipping red wine, toasting our marshmellows. It was very romantic, chatting about this and that. And then I woke up.

But it could have happened you know :oops:

How about you? Any flowers from anonymous admirers? Chocolate cakes mysteriously showing up on your desk? Uninvited pecks on the cheek?

Oh, hi, I'm kinda new :)

2die4
Regular
Regular

Postby 2die4 » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 8:47 pm

hi NBB2... welcome!

well let me tell you mine...

i woke up to the smell of scented candles in my room...

and white rose petals on the floor...

when i sat up there was breakfast in bed for me...

but when i was about to give my guy a kiss...

guess what??!! i woke up! :lol: :wink:

oh well... i wish!

but it was just an ordinary day for me...

i gave all my colleagues 3 pieces of ferrero rocher, including our CE.
i wasn't expecting anything since they themselves aren't a big fan of valentine's day... and this guy i dated before didn't even remember valentine's day til i greeted him and gave him his share of chocolates...

went to a client meeting in the afternoon with the same guy and the cab driver thought we were a couple and was such a "KPO" asked why i don't have flowers (well, uncle thanks for asking!) then he started scolding the guy about not knowing how to do the moves and styles of courtship hahaha!

got several invitation from guys i don't like... oh well, had to turn them down coz i don't wanna give them a harder time...

that's about it! :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 9:43 pm

2die4 wrote:

:D :D

Well.....at least you had dream, for me valentine's day might as well not exist but then I was never too good at getting along with women. :(

2die4
Regular
Regular

Postby 2die4 » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 9:48 pm

Plavt wrote:
2die4 wrote:

:D :D

Well.....at least you had dream, for me valentine's day might as well not exist but then I was never too good at getting along with women. :(

really? very rare for an English man... :wink:

English guys i know are usually flirt and gets along with women, but if they know how to handle women, i'm not sure... after all i only dated one English guy before so I can't generalize... :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 9:55 pm

2die4 wrote:really? very rare for an English man... :wink:

I'm a real odditiy maybe or perhaps there's just something wrong with me?
Knew a few Asian girls but geography along with other factors usually put paid to any likely relationships.

2die4
Regular
Regular

Postby 2die4 » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:01 pm

Plavt wrote:
2die4 wrote:really? very rare for an English man... :wink:

I'm a real odditiy maybe or perhaps there's just something wrong with me?
Knew a few Asian girls but geography along with other factors usually put paid to any likely relationships.

oh well... as they say let it come to you, no need to go around looking for it, ayt? :wink:

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Tue, 20 Feb 2007 5:25 pm

Ahhh.. thats the trouble with 'Amore',,,, you dig them, they dont dig you,- they dig you, you dont dig them! :roll:

NBB2

Postby NBB2 » Tue, 20 Feb 2007 6:37 pm

Yeah Cubby, so true.

I did send a bunch of anonymous roses to my ex at her work, as well as a teddy bear. We haven't spoken for 8 months so it she must have racked her brain to think who it was from.

Aw, call me a sentimental fool :wink:

BTW, I also got several invitations from guys. :o Maybe the ones I declined can go date with the ones you declined 2die4, everybody happy.

:D

2die4
Regular
Regular

Postby 2die4 » Tue, 20 Feb 2007 7:07 pm

NBB2 wrote:Yeah Cubby, so true.

I did send a bunch of anonymous roses to my ex at her work, as well as a teddy bear. We haven't spoken for 8 months so it she must have racked her brain to think who it was from.

Aw, call me a sentimental fool :wink:

BTW, I also got several invitations from guys. :o Maybe the ones I declined can go date with the ones you declined 2die4, everybody happy.

:D

haha...why not? :wink:

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 7:28 am

in new york city valentine's day is the best day to hit the bars as a single person...st patrick's day also...just hang out and meet a lot of different people. went out for a little bit here but people here go out quite late (around midnight) and i have to work at 6:00 am...so difficult to keep from yawning at 12:30 while trying to chat with people :(

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:07 pm

Valentine's Day - it still hurts every year it comes round.

One year, my girlfriend ran off with my best friend. Years later and I still miss HIM! :wink:

The following year I sent my sweetheart a red rose every day in February. Big mistake - she ended up marrying the postman! :o
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

2die4
Regular
Regular

Postby 2die4 » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:35 pm

Rich D wrote:Valentine's Day - it still hurts every year it comes round.

One year, my girlfriend ran off with my best friend. Years later and I still miss HIM! :wink:

The following year I sent my sweetheart a red rose every day in February. Big mistake - she ended up marrying the postman! :o

haha! nah Rich D, that's amusing but i know that's not how u spent your V-Day, haha! :wink:

Clea

Postby Clea » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:36 pm

I was on a date but both of us didn't remember it was Valentine's until we got out of the bar and saw lots of people with flowers and teddy bears.

Valentine's has become quite commercial and it is kinda cheesy for everyone to do the same thing on the same day :) (or maybe I'm saying that just because I didn't receive anything at all, except for a card and some chocolate from my co-worker, who gave it to almost everyone at the office).

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:09 pm

I always send the wife, a couple of cards from Tom, Dick and Harry,
and then tease her, by asking who are they from? A single rose from a local admirer sent direct to her work, and a box of choco's from myself.

It certainly turns up the heat a few turns, trying to guess, who they all come from! Better still if you can get them posted from a Country they have been residing in.

women need all the attention they can get, poor darlings! :cool: