Singapore Expats Forum

cafe del mar - sentosa... need a groupie to check it out!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
pigscanfly82

cafe del mar - sentosa... need a groupie to check it out!

Postby pigscanfly82 » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 5:06 pm

Hi,

I have just arrived in singers and will like to check cafe del mar out... heard that there is great music and views.... anyone interested in joining a 25/f?
I think...therefore I am

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 6:52 pm

Is that the place with the blue sun loungers and a swimming pool on the beach?.. I think it is just in front of a new hotel?? looks interresting thought it was a private club...

pigscanfly82

Postby pigscanfly82 » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 6:57 pm

Yes I think so... at Siloso beach?? jazz music, tapas and great sunsight is the feedback I had from a few guys at work...

and it is not a private club... it is open to the public!! I received an invitation in early Jan but was still in Syd...
I think...therefore I am

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 7:08 pm

Yes siloso beach, walked past it the other day, looks great but a little exclusive,looked like a private party was going on so I didnt venture in! ..if its open to the public will have to go and have a g and t at the pool bar in that case then!!!

pigscanfly82

Postby pigscanfly82 » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 7:11 pm

did you happen to note what the dress code is?? i still don't really understand the clubs in sentosa... do u actually have to wear swimmers??

G&T sounds good right not.
I think...therefore I am

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 7:19 pm

yea people were just in bathers and basic beach wear in the pool and on the sun loungers, although looked like a night club or a restaurant at the back, dont know what the dress code is like for that

ajspy43

Postby ajspy43 » Sun, 18 Feb 2007 1:21 pm

you can just wear what you feel comfortable. there is a pool bar and it is very relaxing. so i just wandering when are you going there?

pigscanfly82

Postby pigscanfly82 » Sun, 18 Feb 2007 7:54 pm

I am not exactly sure.... have only arrived a week. probably week after...? have u been to cafe del mar before?
I think...therefore I am

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 9:54 am

i'm interested in going too!

i think i heard sundays were a good time there?

ajspy43

Postby ajspy43 » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:43 am

i have been there last week, quite relaxing. they have a few cabanas, pool and you can relax at the pool bar.
me thinking of going to sentosa today for a jog and maybe will chill out there after the jog.
if you care to join me you can email me at ajspy43@yahoo.com

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:34 am

So when can we go?? :)

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Postby Kristii » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:26 pm

yeh im keen to go as well!! \:D/
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....
I seem to be getting more "sunburnt" here then i did back home lol!

zjules
Regular
Regular

Postby zjules » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 4:17 pm

Hey, id be happy to go anytime. Went on the opening night and had a really good night. Was very busy of course for first night, and bar staff were all new, so a bit frustrating. Theres a pool in the middle with a bar, and 2 jacuzzis outside. Stayed there till around 6am sitting on the beach area. Give me a shout anytime you fancy going. I know a few locals that want to go every weekend these days..

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 6:02 pm

Folks!

I have been Cafe Del Mar ever since it opened. I went for the launch and been visiting ever since. Sundays are the best time to go. Its best to gather a group of people, book a cabana, get your best beach togs (bikinis, board shorts, tattoo's etc.) :-)

I can tell you that its a very hot place. And I not talking just about temperature. :lol: Lots of eye candy. But its a very relaxed setting. The only way to summarize is that its a very nice place to hang out on a Sunday. Chill with some friends, have a beer or two! Get a tan, play some volley ball. Listen to excellent tunes.

You will definitely have fun!

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Postby Kristii » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:56 am

well when are we going peoples!!? :D
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....

I seem to be getting more "sunburnt" here then i did back home lol!