Singapore Expats Forum

Whitening injection/drip

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

trumpet
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat, 02 May 2009
Location: east

Postby trumpet » Sun, 03 May 2009 10:21 am

Many Asians are very fair naturally especially those who stays in countries with 4 seasons e.g. japanese & koreans. So its' not purely a caucasian thing.

I dont see anything wrong with having these jabs because they are like concentrated Vitamin C, it's quite similar to people taking Vit C supplements in pill form.

I've recently started on these jabs & have seen favorable results too. The good thing is that the effect is throughout the body. :D Normal whitening creams can only enhance fairness on the face. :(

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005
Location: Nassim hill

Postby QRM » Sun, 03 May 2009 11:04 am

trumpet wrote:Many Asians are very fair naturally especially those who stays in countries with 4 seasons e.g. japanese & koreans. So its' not purely a caucasian thing.

I dont see anything wrong with having these jabs because they are like concentrated Vitamin C, it's quite similar to people taking Vit C supplements in pill form.

I've recently started on these jabs & have seen favorable results too. The good thing is that the effect is throughout the body. :D Normal whitening creams can only enhance fairness on the face. :(


People assume its the Govt responsibility to check all these products and if its available that must mean its OK. The reason its not regulated is because of a legal loop hole in most countries. These are considered cosmetic treatments, they do not come under the Pharmacy and Poisons and Medical Registration Ordinance.

There is little scientific evidence to confirm manufacturers claims.

The key ingredient in skin whitening drips is glutathione, a strong antioxidant for treating cancer and AIDS. Its side effects include nausea, vomiting and stomachache and even be lethal if overused, according to the Department of Health. Another ingredient, tranexamic acid, could lead to liver failure.

Under the law, if the substance used in a cosmetic injection is not a pharmaceutical product, such as glutathione, there is no legal requirement on its use.

trumpet
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat, 02 May 2009
Location: east

Postby trumpet » Thu, 07 May 2009 11:51 am

The tranexamic acid you are talking about is too high risk for bleeding, so it’s not one of the ingredients. You got it wrong.
:P

There’s only 2 ingredient in the jab I took, its glutathione and Vit C.
:D

shugraalexander
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 01 Jun 2009
Location: Singapore

whitening jabs

Postby shugraalexander » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 6:57 pm

Hi, i am very interested in whitening jabs. Could you give me more details?
Where to go get them and how much do they cost etc?

trumpet
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat, 02 May 2009
Location: east

Postby trumpet » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:29 am

It's $150 for 1 jab or

the package is $500- for 5 jabs.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:34 am

Fortunately I'm not into necromania. I cannot stand girls with cadavar like skins. It's would be like trying to bed a corpse. Give me a girls with tan lines so I know she's healthy and alive and active any day. Only natural redheads are allowed to be "lily white"!

feline.eyes. Trying to convince everybody that the PS is to resemble the other Asians with western noses and double eyelids? What's the matter? Can't accept the obvious? If that was the reason what the majority wants then why is it that they normally will tell people that they want the "Eurasian" or "Pan-asian" look? Let's face it the slim minority of Asians with western features is probably a heck of a lot less than the 50% you claim (please quote us your source).

One good thing can come from all this though. It will keep the medical fraternity in good incomes in the future because of all the poisons you all keep putting into your bodies. You never think about the long term effects of all this junk.

:roll:

shugraalexander
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 01 Jun 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby shugraalexander » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 6:54 pm

Hi Trumpet! Thank you so much for the useful info!
I'd prolly make an appointment soon! :)

trumpet wrote:It's $150 for 1 jab or

the package is $500- for 5 jabs.

anteos
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2009
Location: singapore

Postby anteos » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:31 pm

there is hundreds of slimming injections, and Im sure its really expensive in singapore. the best is MJ Gold.

btw, your skin can not really2 white, only up to certain level, like your head skin. or tummy. thats the max

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:46 pm

The head skin of half of the world's population is not white at all. :devil:

shugraalexander
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 01 Jun 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby shugraalexander » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:23 am

anteos wrote:there is hundreds of slimming injections, and Im sure its really expensive in singapore. the best is MJ Gold.

btw, your skin can not really2 white, only up to certain level, like your head skin. or tummy. thats the max

Where would you recommend to go for these whitening injections then?

UK-HK-SIN
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun, 03 May 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby UK-HK-SIN » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 5:27 pm

I really can't believe that these treatments are good for your skin.
If people want to stay out of sunlight and the harmful effects then OK but to put unnecessary chemicals into your body for what will be a short term result can not be good for your skin.
Don't these treatments make your skin more sensitive to the harmful rays of the sun and more likely to get skin cancers ?? You will surely loose some of your natural resistance to the damage the sun can do..... I don't know the answer to this and am not a doctor - but logically I would think the answer is yes...

I am also sure I read that when you stop these treatments then your skin returns to its 'normal' tone/colour.

I think that to have healthy clear skin - whatever the colour - is much more beautiful than the two tone neck/face look I have seen on lots of women both here and in Hong Kong. Can anyone honestly say Michael Jackson looks better the colour he is now.....

nonblonde
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 04 Jun 2009

Postby nonblonde » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 7:18 pm

trumpet wrote:It's $150 for 1 jab or

the package is $500- for 5 jabs.



Hi trumpet

May I know where u hav it done

macqueen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2009
Location: east

Postby macqueen » Mon, 06 Jul 2009 3:51 pm

hi trumpet, i'm interested to know as well. :)

macqueen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2009
Location: east

Postby macqueen » Mon, 06 Jul 2009 3:53 pm

btw did you guys watch the ultimatum? did felicia chin went for whitening jab as well? she looks so much fairer as compared to the past when she joined star search.

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:32 am

shugraalexander wrote:Where would you recommend to go for these whitening injections then?


Head down to your favorite dodgy bar, where you'll find lots of ang mohs who'd be delighted to offer complimentary white beef injections.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests