Singapore Expats

Whitening injection/drip

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
macqueen

Post by macqueen » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:22 pm

hey trumpet! thanks for the info! it comes in real handy. i couldn't sent you a pm so i have to post it here! btw just a quick check if there's any side effects to the whitening jab? :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 1:00 pm

macqueen wrote:hey trumpet! thanks for the info! it comes in real handy. i couldn't sent you a pm so i have to post it here! btw just a quick check if there's any side effects to the whitening jab? :wink:
You could die like wacko jacko...... Pretty major side effect is you ask me! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 4:01 pm

what i didn't get was..............

why would a local ask this question in an expat forum when most expats prefer to be tan?

ps. i think it's a whole load of baloney too...

macqueen

Post by macqueen » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:08 am

Just in case anyone is interested to take the jab, here are some information:

Laroscorbine Vitamine C

Product Description:
vitamin C Laroscorbine

Benefits:
As we know vitamin c is highly publicized for its well known function, yet there are many of us not fully awared of its benefits. The advantages of taking vitamin C injection is:
1) Aims in producing Collagen, which is connective tissue of our skin, bone, ligament, tendons, joints and organ support.
2) Suppresses formation of 'Melanin' contributing to darkspot after long exposure to UVA/UVB.
3) Reduces our facial and skin fine lines or wrinkles. This is because it aims in producing the collagen, which is important to make our skin firm and provides elasticity.
4) Reduces the appearance of pimples/acne/blemishes and minimised pores. Improves the skin smooth texture.
5) Prevents scurvy, which is a kind of vitamin c-deficiency.6)Increase body immune system. At a higher dose is believed to have the property of antihistamine.

Recommended Dosage:
One ampoules/injection every week for 2 months. The following weeks can reduce the dosage to 1 injection every 2 weeks. Combined with collagen injection is greatly reduces wrinkles. However, a doctor's advice is needed if you wish to know regarding the dosage.

Side Effects:
With strong amount (20g a day), once observed to have digestive disorder (diarrhea, gastric pains). At certain people, the vitamin C can form calculations of the urinary tracts. In case of doubt, stop taking the vitamin C immediately seek for medical advice.

the above information obtained from some sites on whitening jabs. i hope this helps to clear some doubts. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:45 am

Wow, aren't you clever. You know how to use google and cut and past the first listing there instead of giving credit to the slippery seller of slipshod products that are dubious in their effectiveness. I had a look around the first 3 or 4 pages and cannot find a single article that can quote a published medical study from an independent laboratory in a reputable journal of medical science on the effectiveness of this on a long term basis. Why? Because it's a scam. Why is it not been publicized on the front page of then newpapers? You would thing something that radical would be world news and not something from the Bomoh's of the Philippines.

The only thing that it is guaranteed to lighten is your purse as the money flows out. :lol: But as they say, a fool and their money......soon parted.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 1:01 pm

Are there any jabs that make you dark? Would have thought it be a huge hit with white folks who want to be tanned?

nicegirl94

Post by nicegirl94 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 7:08 pm

trumpet wrote:It's $150 for 1 jab or

the package is $500- for 5 jabs.
Hey trumpet,where is it at? can you tell me the details like where it is at,how many times you think will be enough to be very fair etc. Much appreciated.Thanks!

natashaaa

Post by natashaaa » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:37 pm

hi

can trumpet or nicegirl inform me about the jabs. I can't pm. Thanks.

nicegirl94

Post by nicegirl94 » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:04 pm

Recently i happen to go into a blogshop where it sells the whitening jabs its call tationil injectable. selling at SGD450.they have also engaged a nurse to do the injection for you at 20/per jab

zoukgirl

Post by zoukgirl » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 2:43 pm

nicegirl94 wrote:Recently i happen to go into a blogshop where it sells the whitening jabs its call tationil injectable. selling at SGD450.they have also engaged a nurse to do the injection for you at 20/per jab
yeah i also saw the blog, but i wonder where they get their products from and whether if it's safe.
coz i heard that it can be fatal if done it wrongly :o

zoukgirl

Post by zoukgirl » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 2:45 pm

macqueen wrote:hi trumpet, i'm interested to know as well. :)
Hi trumpet,
may i know the name of the clinic and details as well, i'm interested too :)
i dun think i can accept private messages for now, can you pls email me at [email protected]
Thanks !

yeegf
Regular
Regular

Post by yeegf » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 7:41 pm

QRM wrote: So ask yourself why is this not front page news?

If there was a product that actually work don't you think the whole world would know about it? there would be no more racism based on the colour of your skin.

How much easier would it have been for Obama to become president if he took the pills?

Is there any scientific proof they work? There are lots of pseudo journals written or paid for by cosmetics firms, but are there any tests carried out by well respected medical institutions, using placebo and a control environment to prove these work?

Not to mention the horrific side effects see

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/health ... be_deadly/
The report is about using mercury-based products.
I believe that the injection they are talking about here is Vitamin C injection a.k.a L-glutathione injection.
Direct injection of mercury will cause death while long term use of mercury-based whitening products like a bar of soap or whitening cream will cause death too.

I believe products in Singapore are generally safe as they have tests to go through.. Overall the effects of L-glutathione are said to be good by doctors and dermatologists.. but it might be for the sake of earning the extra money from people who want to have a whiter skin tone.

It is also said that large amounts of water have to be consumed after injection to prevent liver damage.

It takes 3-5 Injections before the effects are visible.
and each injection can range from 50SGD(In malaysia) to a few hundred SGD in singapore..
I do not know how long the effects will last, but it is said that one injection everyweek is needed? I am unsure of this.

innercloset

Post by innercloset » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 6:02 pm

Hi trumpet, I'm interested in the jab can send me the details of the clinic and tel no? Thanks in advance.

jaclynsg

Post by jaclynsg » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 8:02 pm

shugraalexander wrote:Hi Trumpet! Thank you so much for the useful info!
I'd prolly make an appointment soon! :)
trumpet wrote:It's $150 for 1 jab or

the package is $500- for 5 jabs.
Hi.. i m interested in the whitening injection.. can i knw the add please..
thank u people..

lequalia

i want the glutathione jab.

Post by lequalia » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 7:36 pm

Hi I am interested in getting the glutathione jab. Can someone pls PM me the contact details?

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”