Singapore Expats Forum

SIA recruitment on 4 March

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 6:24 pm

no need to be nervous! don`t put extra pressure on yourself, ya? just go and do your thing and enjoy the process! ;)

ms'dowager
Regular
Regular

Postby ms'dowager » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 7:06 pm

xmischax wrote:hahahahahahaha then you have to make a decision! or hope that JAL`s will be in mid afternoon. :lol:

muhahaha.. yea lo, i hope so too!
But anyhow, ill update u tml k? :wink:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 9:11 pm

HAHA...

You'll never know..

MAybe its a ploy employed by the 2 airlines to see where your loyalty lies...

HAHA... *I'm crapping*

Joking. :D :D :D

jentay11

Postby jentay11 » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 9:36 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:HAHA...

You'll never know..

MAybe its a ploy employed by the 2 airlines to see where your loyalty lies...

HAHA... *I'm crapping*

Joking. :D :D :D

hi intrinsic dreamer,

i am a year older than u so i am actually in my yr 1 in uni now. I strongly encouraged u to go for the coming interview.

'cos uni is not as fun as u think so. i have friends who give up uni education for this job. Seeing how successful now just filled me with envy. And sometimes, i will ponder if i make the right decisions to further my studies as i am not enjoying myself as much as my friends do.

Well. if u cant make it, at least u know u have tried. Thus, u dun feel any regrets even after gg to uni. Get what i mean, girl.

i dun wish u to follow my steps yea.

all the best!!!

XaviGal

Hi gal!

Postby XaviGal » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:37 am

Hi all, I'm new here... hmm.. not exactly new, been visiting this forum quite freq recently, but not sure why, I'm unable to register myself for the past 2 weeks.. Nice to meet u all! :D

But yeah, i finally got myself here...
Really feel the excitement about everyone getting ready for the upcoming recuitment, makes me think whether I should give it a try as well...
Been always interested in this airline career for a long time. :)

Anyway, I've juz finished my poly, but not officially graduated.
But I'm interested in trying out for the SIA interview.
Is there anyone gg that i can go together with? or maybe tag along? :oops:

gwenniebliss
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi gal!

Postby gwenniebliss » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 5:03 pm

XaviGal wrote:Hi all, I'm new here... hmm.. not exactly new, been visiting this forum quite freq recently, but not sure why, I'm unable to register myself for the past 2 weeks.. Nice to meet u all! :D

Really feel the excitement about everyone getting ready for the upcoming recuitment, makes me think whether I should give it a try as well...

are u from RP?

XaviGal

Postby XaviGal » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 5:20 pm

gwenniebliss wrote:
XaviGal wrote:Hi all, I'm new here... hmm.. not exactly new, been visiting this forum quite freq recently, but not sure why, I'm unable to register myself for the past 2 weeks.. Nice to meet u all! :D

are u from RP?

No, I'm from NYP. And really regret missing the SIA interview in my sch previously, cos was tied up by projects. :(

So wanna try this time round. Thou honestly, I don't really have confidence in my qualities, but still I hope to give it a try.

gwenniebliss
Regular
Regular

Postby gwenniebliss » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 5:46 pm

oh! i tried out in my school's interview.. and made it! but they didnt email me in the end... oh wells... gonna go again and try! T_T

good luck to us!

blackapple
Regular
Regular

Postby blackapple » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 8:59 pm

XaviGal wrote:
gwenniebliss wrote:

are u from RP?

No, I'm from NYP. And really regret missing the SIA interview in my sch previously, cos was tied up by projects. :(

So wanna try this time round. Thou honestly, I don't really have confidence in my qualities, but still I hope to give it a try.

hihi. i'm form nyp too! sch has sai interview? i've never seem them. i'm same batch as you too but got design exhibt to do til march.

XaviGal

Postby XaviGal » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:35 pm

blackapple wrote:
XaviGal wrote:
gwenniebliss wrote:

are u from RP?

hihi. i'm form nyp too! sch has sai interview? i've never seem them. i'm same batch as you too but got design exhibt to do til march.

HiHi!

Yep, there's a SIA interview in Jan but i miss it.
Are u trying out for the upcoming interview?
All the best to your final exibit! :D

Lynv
Regular
Regular

Postby Lynv » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 1:53 am

Hi gals,

I have 2 friends who went to the Jan'07 interview and they told me after the 1st round, they both got into the 2nd round.
One of my friend got kicked out then, they told her that her qualification doesn't measure up to their requirement.

The other friend, she was asked to measure her height, because she looks short besides other applicants.
Then she changed into the kebaya, walk up and down as long as the interviewer has asked her.
After that she proceed to stand in front of 2 big beam of light which shone on her where the skin check was conducted.
She didn't make it thru the kebaya round. The reason they gave her was because of her posture.

We are shock that she couldn't make it. She has flawless skin, fair and she is a dancer.
I still can't believe that it's her posture that is her disadvantage.

From my friends who got thru the past interviews, I heard quite a lot. Some said be early, some said no jeans.
I saw candidates who got thru with jeans.

I personally feel that, during the interview, if I happens to be the type that the interviewer likes, I will do fine.
If not, just too bad. A lot depends on luck too.

So good luck everyone, 1 more week for us to prepare for the interview!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 8:40 am

Lynv wrote:I personally feel that, during the interview, if I happens to be the type that the interviewer likes, I will do fine.
If not, just too bad. A lot depends on luck too.

So good luck everyone, 1 more week for us to prepare for the interview!

Same sentiments. [-o<

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Postby thinkerbelle » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 6:09 pm

Hi gals,

(esp experienced interviewees/stewardesses- ur help would be greatly appreciated!) anyone's help would be appreciated too!

Just want to find out more about how they conduct the skin checks. I am new here, have read thru some of the pages and read that interviewees will be asked to stand with the kerbaya on with lights shining on you, right? They look out for visible scars after the kerbaya is worn, but do they also look out for scars BENEATH the kerbaya?

The thing is, I happen to have some scars from my legs. And even if they don't get to see it at the kerbaya round, they wil get to see it at the swimming round.. so there is no way i can avoid it. So wondering, anybody knows if that would be an issue in the judging criteria?

Scars aside, would they give exceptions on moles, be it on the face or on the body?

Do they really judge very importantly on flawless skin, on the face and body?

Let's just say aside from the obvious criterias like how you carry yourself, confidence, poise and etc :)

givemeaclue

Postby givemeaclue » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 8:37 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:Hi gals,

(esp experienced interviewees/stewardesses- ur help would be greatly appreciated!) anyone's help would be appreciated too!

Just want to find out more about how they conduct the skin checks. I am new here, have read thru some of the pages and read that interviewees will be asked to stand with the kerbaya on with lights shining on you, right? They look out for visible scars after the kerbaya is worn, but do they also look out for scars BENEATH the kerbaya?

The thing is, I happen to have some scars from my legs. And even if they don't get to see it at the kerbaya round, they wil get to see it at the swimming round.. so there is no way i can avoid it. So wondering, anybody knows if that would be an issue in the judging criteria?

Scars aside, would they give exceptions on moles, be it on the face or on the body?

Do they really judge very importantly on flawless skin, on the face and body?

Let's just say aside from the obvious criterias like how you carry yourself, confidence, poise and etc :)

Curious...
Anyone with freckles who managed to pass the skin check?

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:45 pm

My aunty had a black mole between her nose bridge and her right eye and lots and lots of freckles and she still made it thru.

That was 10 years ago though.

But till today, it should not be a problem i guess. :D

I'm sure that u'll still look pleasant.