Singapore Expats Forum

SIA recruitment on 4 March

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:20 pm

Hey,

Do refer to this link for recruitments in the future. No one knows the actual date so don't bother to ask that in here.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... /index.jsp

Goodluck! 8-)

connie

Postby connie » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:30 pm

hey Intrinsic Dreamer and xiangzhou_1984,

thanks for the kindly reply! :)

the earliest (or i supposed it to be the best time) i can take a try would be september cos i'm currently studying in final year of my degree course. and i'm not at home now hence it would be hard for me to give any try for the time being. but i really hope that i'll see anyone here in the near furture. and i might need ur advices very soooonnn....

so as for my case, do u think i should send in the application form in the next round and tell them i'll only avaiable after september or send in later, say, after september?

your reply is greatly appreciated!

with love,
connie. :wink:

emalf
Regular
Regular

Postby emalf » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:58 pm

hi connie,
after reading what others say in the other thread (will SIA wait?), I think you can send in your application for the next upcoming round.
they should wait for you since Sept is just 6 months away, even less by the time of the next interview round.
Last edited by emalf on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xiangzhou_1984

Postby xiangzhou_1984 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:58 pm

Hi there,
It would be best to try the latest recruitment and then state that you can start only in Sep. It's best to get things done early, and also, should you fail to make it thru this one, you have another chance to try before Sep. Then you wouldn't have to wait too long after your degree to start work. Idling while waiting can be tough.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 1:36 am

yeah,

I almost died while waiting and waiting for my management.

lindylim

Postby lindylim » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:27 am

congra Intrinsic Dreamer.. been reading ur post..

i'm 22 this year, tried twice.. but was O-U-T at the 1st round. :( i'm actually a bubbly gal.. but juz got tensed up during the interviews... :cry:

going to try the apr 21-22 recruitment. Doesnt wan to regret in future.. will not stop trying.. :P

so any strange question asked during ur managment rd?

next round, may i be blessed to join the family? muhahaha.

connie

Postby connie » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 6:30 pm

hi there,

i heard that there's a new recruitment in coming april after reading another post in this forum.

hmm but the problem for me is even if i'm that lucky to be shortlisted this time, i wouldn't not be able to attend the interview given the reason that i'm away from home right now. that's why gotta think twice if i should send in now. so do you guys still think i should send in now and state that i'll only be avaiable for the interview after september? think the management might kick me out at the first place if i say so haha! there are just too many better candidates out there awaiting to be selected. but i do agree with xiangzhou_1984 that we should plan something safer, just in case we are not selected in the first application.

by the way, xiaozhou, what are you doing currently? i like this name "xiaozhou" personally. is that just your nick name or your real name? hope we could be friends in future!

x cheers x

xiangzhou_1984

Postby xiangzhou_1984 » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 8:52 pm

Hahaha no it's not xiao zhou. Its Xiangzhou. Or Brian. I just finished my National Service. Waiting for my training to start on 9th April. There's no quota about the no of people selected, which i'm quite sure of. Do take note that you need to be in SG at least for 3 dates for different interviews.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 9:03 pm

Hi lindylim!!

Never give up! Try again if ure interested ok? :)

Hmm... Any strange qn i was asked?
Nope.
It was very conversational.

Oh wells. They're quite nice.

The medical was scary. Gurls, there was a breast checkup. :shock: :shock:

It was sooo embarassing ok. *Grinz
Last edited by Intrinsic Dreamer on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Postby theknees » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:03 am

congrats Intrinsic Dreamer! :lol:
hmmm, been wanting to post about my management interview, but well, the 10-15 minutes i spent it that room have been going through my head constantly, and i keep slapping myself over and over again.
but i guess i now know i should go and do my degree instead.
im sure you're excited about your training! :)
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

connie

Postby connie » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 1:14 am

xiang zhou,

opps... sorry my mistake. didn't see properly.... and i thought u're a girl (cos i mistakenly regarded you as "xiao zhou") soooo bad my eye sight, luckily i'm just interested in trying cabin crew instead of pilot. lolx!

anyway, nice to meet you.

lindylim

Postby lindylim » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 9:40 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Hi lindylim!!

Never give up! Try again if ure interested ok? :)

Hmm... Any strange qn i was asked?

Haha, surprisingly, they never asked or told me a single tym that i was too young..

And i'm the only gurl who wasn't asked about my personality & character. Haha..

It was very conversational.
They also asked me "since u have alot of customer service jobs, what is the one thing your customers may not be happy with u about?"

They were also amazed that though I may be only 18, I have alot of working experiences.

Oh wells. They're quite nice.

The medical was scary. Gurls, there was a breast checkup. :shock: :shock:

It was sooo embarassing ok. *Grinz

ewww. abt the medical breast checkup.. *hee*

normal days when i tink of it, i'll feel confident.. BUT when dates are nearer i tend to think too much and freak out.. *sigh* my friend(he's a SQ crew alr) told me not to bear the thinking of i-need-the-job-badly to attend the interview... but easier said than done!

haha.. well well.. will try... yar.. my bf is advicing me wad to do.. blahblahblah... for the interview.. haa..

:cool:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:54 pm

Dear lindylim...

Worry all u have to..
Fret all u have to.
Because u still have over 3 weeks to go.

But when 21st April arrives, Its tym to stop thinking.

Stop all the negative thinking.

Its ur day. U must rock it. :D

Z
Regular
Regular

Postby Z » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 2:34 am

oh no! those going for the april interview are already panicking! (that includes me) lets try to put everything down and go with a relax mind! :) GOod luck all! Intrinsic Dreamer, Enjoy your trg! Happy for you!!

lindylim

Postby lindylim » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:10 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Dear lindylim...

Worry all u have to..
Fret all u have to.
Because u still have over 3 weeks to go.

But when 21st April arrives, Its tym to stop thinking.

Stop all the negative thinking.

Its ur day. U must rock it. :D

thinking of it now... just make me feel more nervous! :evil: