Singapore Expats Forum

just arrived and can't drink alone

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
newboy123

just arrived and can't drink alone

Postby newboy123 » Tue, 13 Feb 2007 9:48 pm

just arrived here from London for a couple of years on business and for the sake of not looking like an alcoholic drinking alone i'd like to get together with some people in a similar situation... me, 26 year old bloke from London

swiss_guy

Old drinking habits

Postby swiss_guy » Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:39 am

I'm going away for Chinese New Year (CNY) but I sugest that the Expat from FNDC take care of their friends. Waht to do? Here's my suggestion: Have a sunset Drink on 72nd floor of Swissotel, go to the local Lau Pa Sat Food Court to get stuffed on marvelous food. Go to Chijmes to have a few drinks and watch some Soccer or Rugby. When it get's late then it's Clarke Quay time. Go to whatever place you like. I can definitely recommend Attica from 2 - 4 am.

Captain Inertia

Postby Captain Inertia » Wed, 14 Feb 2007 9:01 am

see the I Love Beer thread, there are some of us going for a beer at bunji bar on friday, feel free to come along to that

FelineUK
Regular
Regular

Postby FelineUK » Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:20 pm

Hey a fellow Brit also reasonably new to Singapore.... Quite fancy a few beers tomorrow night (Friday 16th feb) - where is the meeting place and what time???? :D

pigscanfly82

yes I agree... i

Postby pigscanfly82 » Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:50 pm

Hi,

Just arrived from Sydney for a few years and I am finding it difficult to drink alone. Is this a boys night out??? or r gals welcomed as well?
I think...therefore I am

FelineUK
Regular
Regular

Postby FelineUK » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:20 am

Hi and like the nickname..... The meet last night was good, it was nice to meet everyone and I think a repeat is anticipated next friday So come on and join us... not quite sure where the meet is yet but i think dirtypool may be better at suggesting places than me....

Dirtypool

Postby Dirtypool » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:29 am

Hey Feline UK good to meet you last night.. I had fun though was a bit hammered when I swayed out of Attica. Am away to Taiwan today so won't be around next week but, you guys have fun.

:shock:

FelineUK
Regular
Regular

Postby FelineUK » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:34 am

FelineUK wrote:Hi and like the nickname..... The meet last night was good, it was nice to meet everyone and I think a repeat is anticipated next friday So come on and join us... not quite sure where the meet is yet but i think dirtypool may be better at suggesting places than me....
See the I love beer thread tho....

pigscanfly82

Postby pigscanfly82 » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 7:28 pm

drinks on Friday sounds promising.... how do u guys even recognise one another??
I think...therefore I am

Clea

Postby Clea » Sun, 18 Feb 2007 4:06 am

Hey guys I've just moved to Singapore and don't have many friends to hang out with. Do you guys have gals in the group or is this just a guything?

If it is not male-exclusive can I join?

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:44 pm

Its not male exclusive, women welcome too - shame posting at 4am.. a little jet lagged still...hehehe welcome to singapore :)

anindamchoudhury

Postby anindamchoudhury » Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:09 pm

hi there

missed out on last fri, due to some last minute stuff......would love to join u all this fri with a friend

keep me posted

newboy123

Postby newboy123 » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 3:41 pm

yeah join in - last week was great fun... the more the merrier

stephpl

Hi

Postby stephpl » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 4:32 pm

I just returned to Singapore few days ago.. and looking to make new friends.. I'm Chinese though.. based in London.. Can I join you guys?

:)

FelineUK
Regular
Regular

Postby FelineUK » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 6:15 pm

Hi everyone... There is a meet up this coming Friday 23rd for those of you what fancy a drink to chill out after a hard week at work.... All 3 days :D

See the I love beer thread for more details :D

Sue