Singapore Expats Forum

ihop in singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

keith425
Regular
Regular

ihop in singapore

Postby keith425 » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 3:20 pm

Hi,

Anyone know if there's an IHOP(International House of Pancakes) or similar in Singapore? I get teh sunday morning pancake cravings once in a while...

thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 5:07 pm

My sunday morning staple is roti prata & strong tea. Used to be pancakes years ago but no iHop. Have a number of varieties of prata to choose from however! "When in Rome......."

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 7:28 pm

I make buttermilk pancakes about once a month from scratch. Try that, its isn't difficult. :wink:

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Postby lost_canuck » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 9:17 pm

or go buy aunt jemima pancake mix and make your own, simple, and better :) least you can have real coffee with them *G*

keith425
Regular
Regular

Postby keith425 » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:15 pm

LOL at 'real coffee' :D ... im terrible in the kitchen but just downloaded some beer batter pancake recipes... wonder how thats gonna turn out. haha.

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Postby lost_canuck » Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:45 am

well that's the nice thing about pancake batter, you can't screw up just add and egg and milk can you ;) , heck I think there are even ones where you just add milk, and fry.

and beer batter always turns out great, but of course I think it tastes best around a nice piece of fish *l*

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:19 pm

Bisquick's even got a variety that works with plain old water... although it comes out better if you use milk. Or try some Asian fusion and use soybean milk!
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 7:14 am

most people overbeat pancake batter. you should not stir the batter more then ten times with your spoon / whisk. yes there will be lumps but as they cook on the griddle they will break up and even out.

and yes i whole heartedly agree that people should modify / try different ingredients to see how it turns out and changes the taste (i.e. using soy milk or butter milk or cream...maybe add some vanilla or brown sugar to the batter?) yum...i'm hungry.