Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for a patient French tutor!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
mikster

Looking for a patient French tutor!

Postby mikster » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 3:34 pm

Hey all,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this but I didn't know where else to look! :?

I'm looking for someone patient :oops: to teach me French, mainly to gain confidence when I'm speaking French. I want to focus on conversation, with grammar and vocab on the side to assist me along the way.

I need someone immediately who would be available two to three times a week maybe more if you are super patient :D , until the end of February.. so just a short while.

If you know anyone or if yourself is interested, please e-mail me at climbingbunny@hotmail.com.

Hope to hear from you soon :)
Miko

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 5:47 pm

Hi Miko

If you havent found a tutor, try myplt.com

They offer French and its LIVE online with the tutor, its just as good as having a tutor in front of you except here, you dont see the teacher but you are corresponding LIVE via SKYPE with him/her. I am currently using this method for Italian and its GREAT

It took me forever to find a French tutor few years back, and I finally found one but he got posted to Yemen in last year.

You can also try the Alliance Francaise, they have focus grammar and conversational courses too

Cheers
Bernie

mikster

hmm

Postby mikster » Wed, 07 Feb 2007 9:47 am

Thank you for the advise.. I will definately check it out.. I was kinda looking for someone to teach me face-to-face, but I suppose since I haven't been quite successful finding a tutor, I may have to resort to that..

As for Alliance Francaise, I used to go there often but they don't really offer flexible enough classes for me this time around, and the private tuitions cost a fortune... but once again I may have to resort to that as well..... :(

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:12 am

Yeap Alliance charges a bomb for their private tuition, outside rates are between $40-$65 per hour

Myplt charges USD 20 (SGD 32++) per hour

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Wed, 07 Feb 2007 4:51 pm

A Parisian girl I met in this forum, cant remember her nick is a great tutor, I do with her for free in exchange of teaching her Manderine/Chinese.

She''ll be back in Sept I think, if you are still interested then I'll do an intro.

:)

mikster

Too late :(

Postby mikster » Wed, 07 Feb 2007 8:55 pm

Thanks for the info.. but I don't speak mandarin so I can't do the exchange!

Maybe if she was interested in Japanese I could do an exchange...

Anyway I don't think i will be here in september... boo :cry: