Anyone watching american idol?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.

pop idol/american idol/singapore idol/ and such programs are

Poll ended at Tue, 13 Feb 2007 2:18 pm

Absolute rubbish
43%
Great viewing
57%

Total votes: 7

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Anyone watching american idol?

Post by lost_canuck » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:24 am

I changed this again, so as not to bore people.

How do you feel about pol idol shows on television. I personally occasionally wtach them, but find them annoying because they know the people who are horrendous, are let through just to make more interesting television. And watching people cry is not good tv for me
Last edited by lost_canuck on Tue, 06 Feb 2007 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 2:15 pm

sorry, just a tad bored today. originally posted about recipies, and then thought it was silly, sorry too much coffee *l*

So here is a new topic. Oh and I think Simon Cowel is awful.

2die4
Regular
Regular

Post by 2die4 » Wed, 07 Feb 2007 9:57 pm

oh well... for me, watching the telly in general is for entertainment...

either we like it or we don't...

these so called "reality talent shows" are fun if u have nothing better to do and u just want to slack, have a good laugh or myabe watch some real talents as well...

personally i don't mind watching these shows...but they are not definitely my first choice for tv programmes... :wink:
"Quod me nutruit, me destruit..."

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:04 pm

i usually just watch the auditions only cuz that's where the humour.......even though i do not understand why these people are fine with making a mockery out of themselves.

Is it for the 15 seconds of Fame that can lead on to bigger things (famous eg: William Hung)?

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 1:53 pm

Okay, I admit, I totally rubbish these programs and yet I too watch. *l* not all the time, but I watched last night, and I turned to ask my husband why these people do it to themselves, and if they really are that deluded, and I think they generally are. They think they have talent, but the thing that bugs me most is I think they are set up to look even more foolish by the people running these shows.

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 3:20 pm

it IS a set up by the producers...

One time my best friend auditioned for Australian Idol and she has a really good voice (no bias intended :wink: ) but she didnt make it to the televised audition rounds 'cos the panel said that they had enough good voices for the show and now they were selecting on the basis of goofy entertainment.........meaning the australian william hungs got in instead of her. I couldn't believe they even had the audacity to tell her that flat
out! :evil:

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by huggybear » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 3:51 pm

how dare they criticize her. I mean honestly? what do they think this is? the real world?????

i only watch the first few weeks to see the bad people like William Hung. It makes good entertainment. most of the singers who win are garbage anyways. Fantasia is a joke. jennifer hudson SMOKED her in the tryout for Dreamgirls and killed it in her solo in the movie. Ruben Studdard? think he's too busy stuffing his face with KFC. Clay Aiken? think he's struggling to figure out his sexuality but is afraid to aleinate his fan base.

I don't see why people hate simon cowell. so what if he cuts you down. If you can't take criticism you're never going to survive if you become big because the tabloids will destroy you. And seriously, randy jackson says things as bad as cowell but yet people don't hate on RJ. granted he's "nicer" but if someone says "you suck" nicely versus "you suck" meanly who cares. you STILL suck.

my favorite are the girls who start crying and then their mothers come in to say "oh please give them a second chance, they're really good!"

germangirl
Chatter
Chatter

american idol

Post by germangirl » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 4:44 pm

i also admit, i do watch it when i am at home... not like a "must see"... but it's fun and easy entertainment, so why not?

i don't understant most of the people going there... some really can sing, its true... but of them ?????? are they really serious about it????
we know what we are, but know not what we may be

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 4:56 pm

I've been living in a bubble of the UK pop idol for the last few years so all the american ones and canadian ones are lost on me, but generally, if you want a singing career, DO NOT WIN! The people that win are usually rubbish and only win because it is set up that way, they win by popularity, and not talent! OMG It is just like a real life election *lmao*

Okay seriously,, all the brits that have a career now, did not get down to the finals, they got out early, which I think is the smart move. Of course even if you do get a career going, you are indentured to these people for like a year or more after aren't you?

2die4
Regular
Regular

Post by 2die4 » Sat, 10 Feb 2007 5:14 pm

i love paula... not because of her judgment or choices...

i just love her style and i love to look at her... so petite and charming...
"Quod me nutruit, me destruit..."

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:25 am

I love Simon...he just has this somewhat alluring charm *dreamy sigh* :oops:

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:37 am

OMG! Someone get this girl some help :shock: :lol: