Singapore Expats Forum

Standard rate of pay

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

P. Boyd

Standard rate of pay

Postby P. Boyd » Mon, 23 Aug 2004 7:10 pm

I am an architect from oversea who will go to work in Singapore. I want to know about standard rate of pay for person who work like me or the other works. The company offer me to get S$2,200 /M. What do you think about that? Is it enough for live in Singapore?

Postby Guest » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 5:45 pm

$2.2k/month for an architect? Without knowing your background (nationality/qualifications- i.e. where did you study) in my opinion you should command a much higher salary than this. If you're single, then you can probably get by on that salary, but you won't have much of a lifestyle.

Just my 2 cents from the information provided - all the best!

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:10 pm

Agreed. That's pretty poor pay for an architect, especially if you already have experience of any kind. Double it and you're still only middle-class...

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 26 Aug 2004 2:30 pm

G'Day Mate.

I work in the construction industry and that is a terrible offer unless you are being brought in from the philippines or other local areas for the purpose of minor works with no responsibility - scheduling and desigtn drafting only. (This is common practise here especially with some of the bigger Architectural firms).

If you are a skilled architect from a western country you should be looking from S$7,500/month an upwards depending on your skill, portfolio and the position they want you to handle.