Singapore Expats Forum

Spammer

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Spammer

Postby brifusg » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:45 am

I am referring to those posts

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic39289.html
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic39372.html
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic39370.html

They are NO (longer) fun at all. They are spams. And below is what I got from FAQ. Wonder how come admins/moderators cannot just ban him and delete all his posts?

FAQ wrote:Why did my posting get deleted?
Your postings could have been deleted due to a few reasons:

* Spamming
* Racist remarks
* Advertisement
* Inaccurate information
* property Agent posting
* Defamatory, slanderous or malicious
* Use of foul, vulgar, abusive and profane language

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 9:22 am

Why would you consider anything in any of the three threads spam?

What exactly in the three threads in question falls outside the FAQ's you so conveniently posted? Far as I am concerned, as stupid as his questions/statements are he isn't spamming. I've seen some pretty stupid stuff on here from "educated" Singaporeans and caucasians as well. There is no law against stupidity is there? Nobody is forcing you to either read his threads or respond to them.

Could this now be applicable?

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 9:30 am

i don't think it's illegal to be ignorant...is it?

perhaps a better question is ... is taiwan a part of china?

oooohhhh let's avoid this topic pls.

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Postby lost_canuck » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 9:35 am

I do think stupidity should carry a fine tho! Like say $5, if it was imposable I would rich I say rich! :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 9:46 am

huggybear wrote:i don't think it's illegal to be ignorant...is it?

perhaps a better question is ... is taiwan a part of china?

oooohhhh let's avoid this topic pls.

AAAwwwwwhhhhh shucks! (I agree however!) :cool:

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Postby brifusg » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 1:15 pm

SMS,

Not sure if you agree with me, but in my opinion, his action is kind of spamming (or perhaps "rubbish" is more appropriate word).

1. I am sure you have seen all of his posts, I could say ALL of them are non-sense. Either it is in non-English, or very bad English grammar, or people said something he replied something else

2. I could simply ignore his posts in this forum, however, this is like (not exactly but I find them similar in some way) a mail box without having a bulk folder.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 1:56 pm

brifusg wrote:SMS, (or perhaps "rubbish" is more appropriate word).

1. I am sure you have seen all of his posts, I could say ALL of them are non-sense. Either it is in non-English, or very bad English grammar, or people said something he replied something else

Yes, It is rubbish but there are no rules against rubbish per se. I post rubbish occasionally as well.

If you read his initial thread, it was I who pointed out his and the other two weirdo's (not necessarily the same person) posts and even indicated doing a search on GuGuToo.

Have you done much reading in the Entertainment, Airlines or Beauty threads? If I follow your reasoning then 85% of the posters on this board should be banned.

I reckon it's okay. If one doesn't want to read it, don't. The thread will die out in a day anyway and be relegated to page 2 shortly and out of sight out of mind until somebody does a search for his posts (if they can remember his nick! :wink: )

It's funny in a way, I get accused of being heavy handed and when I'm not people whinge and moan as well. :???:

Return to “General Discussions”