Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone in marketing?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
loislane

Anyone in marketing?

Postby loislane » Mon, 23 Aug 2004 4:48 pm

Hi
I have no formal marketing certificate and have not actually worked under a mentor in marketing. all my marketing experience has been hands on and from experience gathered in different places. I have an opportunity now to take on a role purely in marketing. Need to do a marketing place, budget, strategy.

Ive been going thru marketing books borrowed from the library and just piecing them together. Is there anyone out there willing to 'coach' me a bit, or just give me a 'skeleton' of what a plan should look/sound like. The other thing is i am just 'temping' at the moment and have been told will be hired when the funding comes in in 6 - 8 wks. Friends have told me i shouldnt be giving a marketing plan until i have been officially hired. My 'boss' is an acquaintance.. whom have 70% trust in, the other 30% doubt is when he's in a wacky mood and all.

Anyway, i really want to do well in this, i have the basic concepts, i know where to look for the market, and how to do the marketing, how to get the clients, (have already been doing well so far) but i just dont know how to get it all on paper so that it looks professional!

Would appreciate any comments/suggestions/ assistance.

Lois Lane
eft_nltr@yahoo.com.sg

Clark K.

Marketing

Postby Clark K. » Tue, 31 Aug 2004 3:55 am

Hi Lois,

I always have to rescue you.... ;-))

There is only ONE book which I (and many more, I believe) consider as the marekting bible.

Philip Kotler, Marketing Management

Within this book you will find a proposal for a marketing plan. Just follow his instructions and you will finish your plan quickly.

Enjoy reading!!!
Good luck with the new job, although I would also wait to give him the plan until sign.

Your secret love
Clark K.

dareddy

Postby dareddy » Tue, 31 Aug 2004 6:49 pm

May be my friend Mr. Mohan can help you best. You may reach him at 94554932. - David

Guest

Re: Marketing

Postby Guest » Thu, 02 Sep 2004 5:20 pm

Clark K. wrote:Hi Lois,

I always have to rescue you.... ;-))

There is only ONE book which I (and many more, I believe) consider as the marekting bible.

Philip Kotler, Marketing Management

Within this book you will find a proposal for a marketing plan. Just follow his instructions and you will finish your plan quickly.

Enjoy reading!!!
Good luck with the new job, although I would also wait to give him the plan until sign.

Your secret love
Clark K.



Sigh, that Clark, dont know what to make of him! Anyways,, where was i? Oh yes, dreaming about Superman!! Hokay, i shall make my way to the library and look for Herr Kotler's book.

Loislane

Postby Loislane » Thu, 02 Sep 2004 5:23 pm

dareddy wrote:May be my friend Mr. Mohan can help you best. You may reach him at 94554932. - David


Thanks David, but before i call him, why do you suggest i speak to him?

leeaun

Postby leeaun » Mon, 18 Oct 2004 2:49 pm

YUPE! Philip Kotler, Marketing Management is a good book with latest marketing issues all written in it. I read it too!

enjoy!

leeaun


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests