Singapore Expats

Equestrian...

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Addison

Equestrian...

Post by Addison » Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:36 pm

Anybody knows where to find equestrian sport (horse riding) in Singapore?

Understand that it might be a bit expensive to go for a course... so looking for a leisure one... i.e. go when you feel want to... like a past time hobby.

Anybody know where to find and roughly how much for a ride?

Thanks.
:???:
Must enjoy life!

petit_fleur

Post by petit_fleur » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 1:37 am

Hi

You can try Saddle Club along Eng Neo Ave (same entrance as the golf) or Polo Club but both requires you to have membership eventually. If I am not wrong, both allowed for 3 months classes for public and polo have a waiting list. I have been on their waiting list since last year. Sentosa used to have a public place but think it may have closed down. Recently someone mentioned that a new public riding places maybe opening soon and I am hoping to find it too.

Used to ride at leisure farm and riders lodge and that could be the other options though leisure farm is closer and its about 15 min from second link.

Hope it helps.

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hei guess what » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 9:15 pm

And there is Gallop Stable

http://www.gallopstable.com/

mslise

Post by mslise » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 7:38 pm

I recently looked into this and could only find bukit timah saddle club, the polo club and gallop stables.

The first two are expensive (I think) and gallop stables only has ponies (which may or may not be your thing) I was looking for somewhere you could do trail rides as well as lessons too.

There's a place just over the border in Malaysia which I'm hoping to go try- http://www.riderslodge.com.my/ maybe this helps? You can get there by train/taxi if you don't drive. I haven't been there though so I can't actually say if it's good!

Addison

Equestrian

Post by Addison » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:24 pm

MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!
:lol:
Must enjoy life!