Singapore Expats Forum

I love beer

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
Captain Inertia

Postby Captain Inertia » Sun, 18 Feb 2007 3:07 pm

yes it was a good night. am on for a beer next weekend should anyone fancy it
Last edited by Captain Inertia on Thu, 31 May 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ricky Bobby

Another newbie from London

Postby Ricky Bobby » Sun, 18 Feb 2007 9:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I think I am in the same situation as a few of you, new in town, hot and bothered and looking for a good place to sink a few cold jars and good people do this with. Would be keen to meet up next time you guys are going out.

FelineUK
Regular
Regular

Postby FelineUK » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 2:37 am

Ok for those who fancy it next Friday.... There is a Belgian beer place called Oosters in Far East Plaza (Off Cross Street near Chinatown)... Rather nice selection of beers and food is good too.... That could be a suggestion or maybe one of the places in Club Street to startoff with?
I am up for Friday night..... Let me know what you all think.... Sue

Ricky Bobby

Postby Ricky Bobby » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:12 am

Im In!

anindamchoudhury

Postby anindamchoudhury » Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:13 pm

Hi all

seems like u all had a great night last fri, could not make it last moment as some last minute stuff cropped up, seems i missed out on some fun

sue
keep me posted abt this fri, the place sounds interesting, definitely in, will get 1/2 friend along, from previous forum meetings

a

petit_fleur

Postby petit_fleur » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:55 am

Hi

Will love to attend next Friday Sue. Please count me in.

:)

FelineUK
Regular
Regular

Friday 23rd Feb

Postby FelineUK » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 1:27 pm

I hope everyone had a good long weekend for the New Year. I am shattered! :shock: But back to work this morning.....

Anyway, about this coming Friday 23rd for those who can make it - shall we say 9pm in Oosters. For those of you who haven't been before its in Chinatown in Far East Plaza. So if you grab cab and say Cross Street Chinatown - Far East Plaza they should drop you off there and just walk straight through to Oosters.... I will be sat outside under the umbrellas having an ice cold glass of Stella :D :D

My number for anyone wanting to come is 98 666 471. Please no prank calls but please feel free to come along. Once there we can enjoy a few beers and then discuss where is next :D

Sue

newboy123

Postby newboy123 » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 1:55 pm

i'll add my voice to saying i felt pretty rotten on saturday when i staggered back to the hotel around 11am with mysteriously wet clothes... but good night nonetheless... will be there on friday but again playing catch up as i'll be working late...

Dirtypool

Postby Dirtypool » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 5:34 pm

Guys can't be with you this friday as will be in france... have a good night though.. Sue, are you sure its Far Eat Plaza in Chinatown. My gf says not a far east plaza in chinatown. There is only one far east plaza here and that's on orchard..cheers DP

timtams
Regular
Regular

Postby timtams » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 5:41 pm

The bar is actually located at Far East Square, not Far East Plaza. :)

mho

Postby mho » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 6:29 pm

Such a dearth of names ...almost evrything is Raffles / Far East / Ocean / China :)

I'll be there to get drunk and drown my sorrows at this place's lack of imagination.

keith425
Regular
Regular

Postby keith425 » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 9:08 pm

Haha. When I just got here, I always confused Raffles Place, Raffles City and City Hall. Since they have either Raffles or City in them... :D

Next thing - where does Boat Quay end and Clark Quay Start? I always had the impression that the bars along the line of the bungy place were in Clarke Quay - until I saw a small sign while passing by on Sunday afternoon. It read "North Boat Quay." Such ignorance! Not that it really matters when youre drunk, though.

FelineUK
Regular
Regular

Postby FelineUK » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 9:33 pm

Ooops - my mistake... Just walked past it and it is Far East Square... Quite right... Thanks! I probably would ahve been sat on my own chuckle! Cheers guys.... See those of you who can make it tomorrow...

petit_fleur

Postby petit_fleur » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 7:57 pm

haha... Am still confuse over city hall, raffles city and raffles place. Used to be confused over park mall and park lane too and waited for friends at the wrong park.

timtams
Regular
Regular

Postby timtams » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 9:21 pm

Hey FelineUK!

Great job on organizing last Fri's session. I really enjoyed myself and had some very interesting conversations. :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! :wink: