Singapore Expats Forum

I'm Looking for an Engineering Job Please Help

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

juanlxndr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 01 Dec 2006
Location: pasir ris
Contact:

I'm Looking for an Engineering Job Please Help

Postby juanlxndr » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 1:46 am

Hello Everyone, i have been here in singapore for almost three months and still i cannot find a job, i'm a mechanical engineer with 3 years experience in semicon industry and 1 year in maintenance. an epec holder but still no job. i came here because i cannot support my family in my country anymore, so if there is anyone who could help me or advice what to do. I would really appriciate it. thnx
looking for tennis buddies

User avatar
hippotamus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 09 Oct 2006
Location: Ipoh
Contact:

Postby hippotamus » Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:39 pm

try the job agency already ?
btw, what is epec means ?
Time and tide wait for no man.

juanlxndr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 01 Dec 2006
Location: pasir ris
Contact:

epec

Postby juanlxndr » Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:32 pm

epec means that i am eligible to look for a job here in singapore for one year, i am always applying for various agency for possible opening, still waiting for some call though, but i am getting desperate already cause i've been here for two and half months now but still no luck
looking for tennis buddies

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Feb 2007 6:41 pm

hippotamus wrote:try the job agency already ?
btw, what is epec means ?


epec = Employment Pass Elgibility Certificate

As a Singaporean, you don't need to worry too much about it.

hkartadi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 25 Aug 2006

Postby hkartadi » Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:23 am

I have a LPR status here and still never receive any call for interview. I already searching jobs for almost 2 months. A week ago I went to agency (One of them is Kelly Engineering Service) and they refused to take my resume since they only want Singaporeans / Full PRs.

I am a fresh graduate btw..

Just fyi, there is a career fair at suntec city early next month, make sure you go there.

endlssorrow
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 15 Oct 2006

Re: I'm Looking for an Engineering Job Please Help

Postby endlssorrow » Fri, 16 Feb 2007 4:52 pm

juanlxndr wrote:Hello Everyone, i have been here in singapore for almost three months and still i cannot find a job, i'm a mechanical engineer with 3 years experience in semicon industry and 1 year in maintenance. an epec holder but still no job. i came here because i cannot support my family in my country anymore, so if there is anyone who could help me or advice what to do. I would really appriciate it. thnx


huh.? cant be.
There a few semicon company @SG. Which company r u from last time?

newstarter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 10 Nov 2006

Postby newstarter » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 8:28 pm

hkartadi wrote:I have a LPR status here and still never receive any call for interview. I already searching jobs for almost 2 months. A week ago I went to agency (One of them is Kelly Engineering Service) and they refused to take my resume since they only want Singaporeans / Full PRs.

I am a fresh graduate btw..

Just fyi, there is a career fair at suntec city early next month, make sure you go there.


Hi hkartadi, i'm running a recruitment agency in singapore. can you give more details....we may be able to help.

thanks

endlssorrow
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 15 Oct 2006

Postby endlssorrow » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:47 pm

Hello, hope u dont mind i reply here, at the same time same with others.
u can try Tech, UMC, etc. U should know these coy background? Gd Luck!

User avatar
hans_azryn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2007

Advertise with Singapore Expats

Postby hans_azryn » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 4:18 pm

please post your positions available in the classifieds section of this site and not in the threads. It's Free.

Please read the stickies for this thread.

moderator
I'M NOBODY...AND NOBODY IS PERFECT


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests