Singapore Expats

Long Term Social Visit Pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 9:01 pm
Location: NL

Long Term Social Visit Pass

Post by mbuyze » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 9:38 pm

I will be relocating to Singapore on an Employment Pass. My employer has arranged this. I am not married, but do possess a "Living Together Contract”

Posts: 18
Joined: Sun, 28 May 2006 6:38 pm

Post by mslise » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:54 am

I just organised my own long term social visit visa, my partner is here on an employment pass. I came in on the free short-term social visit pass which is given on arrival and then arranged my LTSVP when I was here, it's quite quick. :D

It's a bit confusing because there are LTSVP from the immigration authority, as well as the ministry of manpower (who administers the employment pass)

If you're coming on an employment pass type 1 or 2, she can apply through the ministry of manpower which is much easier than the immigration department- however it means her pass is also sponsored by your employer, so they have to agree. If she has to apply through the immigration department she can apply longer than 6 months (I think) but will have to have a medical check.

Have a look at [url]htttp:// ... visit.html[/url] for the details. You can apply for a longer term than 6 months, mine is the same length as my partners employment pass.

Oh, a tip for your partner- don't go to the ministry of manpower at lunchtime unless you take a good book to read, the wait times can be very long.

User avatar
Posts: 1375
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 9:14 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Bafana » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:26 pm

Hi as mslise says - Use the MOM appraoch.

They will also ask you from a letter from your goevernment or embassy confirming your relationship so that they can porcess it. If your existign documents are in Ducth then get a new one from your embassy (is there one in Singapore?)
Be Like Water

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests