Singapore Expats Forum

British Expat Spouse expecting first child

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
smerlion

British Expat Spouse expecting first child

Postby smerlion » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 2:10 pm

Hi, my husband, who's Singaporean, and I have just moved to Singapore. I am expecting our first child in April and was hoping to meet British mothers in a similar situation.

Are there any such groups that already exist?

M-T

Re: British Expat Spouse expecting first child

Postby M-T » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 5:42 pm

smerlion wrote:Hi, my husband, who's Singaporean, and I have just moved to Singapore. I am expecting our first child in April and was hoping to meet British mothers in a similar situation.

Are there any such groups that already exist?

I know of the 'British Spouse group with *American* husbands expecting their *second* child in April' group who meet every February 29th without fail and also I think there is a 'British Spouse group with Singaporean husbands expecting their first born in *September*' group, they meet every other Friday. I could also help you out with some delightful French mothers...

Seriously, having a baby and being an expat makes you an automatic member of the 'United Nations of Singapore Expats Mothers' group, which you'll probably find a lot more stimulating. They meet every 20 minutes everywhere that coffee is served and shopping takes place.

hamiltongirl

Postby hamiltongirl » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 9:43 pm

Hi smerlion,

I am happy to suggest some groups that you may be interested in. You are also better posting your queries on the Parents, Schools section of this Forum Index.

Please feel free to email me on fran_wray@yahoo.com.

(Where you will get a straight answer to your posting. :) ....)