Singapore Expats Forum

Experienced Deja vu?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mho

Experienced Deja vu?

Postby mho » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:02 pm

I have an affinity for such topics . Dig in if you do too :)

Have you had an experience of Deja Vu? (When you feel like you have had a specific experience before , when you actually havent?)

Ive had these moments not infrequently . For eg: The first time that I was in Bandung , Indonesia , I walked to the business center of my hotel. It was on the top floor , an open area that overlooked a large valley. I was struck by the feeling that I had walked into this exact same place before .

That was an extreme example . Another time I was sitting on a park bench , talking to a bunch of friends , I asked one of them to pass me a can of soft drink and when I reached out , bam! there it was again , the feeling that I recalled this exact same experience, with the same people , same location.

Do you believe in Deja Vu?

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 8:04 am

I often experience deja vu feelings.

Some books suggest its just your heighten awareness at that point moving faster then your normal cognitive process. I tend to experience a slight anxiety and deep thought whatever I ma thinking about at the time or about to do.
Be Like Water

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 8:14 am

I have had several actually alot of Deja Vu experiences in my life.
Some of them are so strong I can predict what will happen next in the real life setting that I am in at the time.
They are always insignificant settings or circumstances and the things that I can predict is instances such as a women walking threw a door and walking up to someone and speaking to them. Or things like a family entering the setting and haveing a noisy child. Noisy by means of crying or of playing.
The Deja Vu experience is almost always accompanied by anxiety.

A side note: I have also had a dream once of a horrible train accident. 2 weeks later it happened. Freaky.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 3:01 pm

one843 wrote:I have had several actually alot of Deja Vu experiences in my life.
Some of them are so strong I can predict what will happen next in the real life setting that I am in at the time.

They are always insignificant settings or circumstances and the things that I can predict is instances such as a women walking threw a door and walking up to someone and speaking to them. Or things like a family entering the setting and haveing a noisy child. Noisy by means of crying or of playing.
The Deja Vu experience is almost always accompanied by anxiety.

A side note: I have also had a dream once of a horrible train accident. 2 weeks later it happened. Freaky.

I also had a period of Deja Vu, that turned into reality 3 months on, I would love to explain it, although the incident was very traumatising, although it did keep me alive.

I was actually able to change the events as they unfolded, by not doing, what i had seen happening, the end result of the deja vu experience, was just a black hole, space, emptyness, with no feelings or worries

I recoginsed all the people as it was unfolding and it lasted almost 10 weeks, it was more of a living nightmare, that proved to me, one can see in the future, and i also believe it to be connected to a heightend state of awareness, anxiety, possibly stress related, whereby actions have to be taken to counteract the effects, that could materialise.

I guess deja vu could also be connected to past life, also, because energy transmitted from the mind can be locked in space, that is to say, the disturbance of the air, from the radiance of body vibrations and thoughts are transmitted, so there must also be a reciever, on the same wavelength to pick them up.

The mind is a very powerful machine and on several occassions I have wished someone bad thoughts, only for them to have had fatal accidents, within days of my thoughts, this is freaky!

Maybe coincidence, but enough to stop me wishing anything bad on people!

The saying "What goes around comes around" maybe quite true,!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 6:10 pm

Happens a lot in these threads........ :P

mho

Postby mho » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:12 am

Found this interesting article on the topic

http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i46/46a01201.htm

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Postby lost_canuck » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Happens a lot in these threads........ :P

that's not deja vu, that's just repetitivness :P

But I have had some seriously frightening deja vu, it has made me sit back and shake my head.

I sometimes think it's my mind playing out a scene before I get to it. I don't know. I did have an experience where I saw a movie on television (ladyhawk) only to have it then advertised as coming to cinemas a year or more later? I told someone that movie I saw that already. And they told me I couldn't have as it was just out in cinemas. But I did, and knew the whole story *shrug* Never been able to figure that one out.Image

2die4
Regular
Regular

Re: Experienced Deja vu?

Postby 2die4 » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 1:29 pm

mho wrote:I have an affinity for such topics . Dig in if you do too :)

Have you had an experience of Deja Vu? (When you feel like you have had a specific experience before , when you actually havent?)

Ive had these moments not infrequently . For eg: The first time that I was in Bandung , Indonesia , I walked to the business center of my hotel. It was on the top floor , an open area that overlooked a large valley. I was struck by the feeling that I had walked into this exact same place before .

That was an extreme example . Another time I was sitting on a park bench , talking to a bunch of friends , I asked one of them to pass me a can of soft drink and when I reached out , bam! there it was again , the feeling that I recalled this exact same experience, with the same people , same location.

Do you believe in Deja Vu?

yes I do... since I was a kid...

but i know when I saw or heard or felt it...

usually in my dreams...

i dream about things happening and a few weeks or months later they happen...

i'm not sure what to call this thing but i haven't given it much attention because i thought everyone or a lot of people experiences this as well...
"Quod me nutruit, me destruit..."

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:57 pm

I had it this weekend on the MRT. I felt that I had been on that train before with the whole family however this time it was only my wife and I. Needless to say nothing came of it.