Singapore Expats Forum

Coming Chinese New Year Holiday

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Dear Wanda

Coming Chinese New Year Holiday

Postby Dear Wanda » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:18 pm

Anyone of you flying off on the coming Chinese New Year Holiday? I think most of the people will fly off on the 16th Feb because of the long weekend.

brightmoonx

Postby brightmoonx » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 2:48 pm

Im flying out on the 17th. Cant get flight on the 16th and cant get flight back to sg as yet! Im a dead woman!
In Sg, people are so kiasu, for flights , movies, dinner etc. ,etc.,even to go out with friends you always have to book in advance! Ive learnt it the hard way that if you don't book in advance during holiday season you are stuck here... :(
Live it up! :)

Dear Wanda

Postby Dear Wanda » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 3:00 pm

The reason I ask is because I am planning a event and I am struck on the date - 16th Feb or 24th Feb.

I am scare that most of the people will not be in town on 16th if I do the event that day. May be 24th is safer....

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 3:44 pm

Yeap, advance booking is da keyword....I started enquiring about my tix in October....cos after January, dont expect a good bargain and even seats

Im flying off on the 17th as well and I was blessed with a return tix on the 25th :D

brightmoonx : Good luck with finding a return tix, keep trying daily cos there's bound to be cancellations

hh

Postby hh » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 5:11 pm

brightmoonx, u can't manage to buy a flight back from penang to sg?

kc_phil

Postby kc_phil » Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:24 am

i got lucky with a fligth to Phuket on the 16th....I even have the pleasure of taking a half day on Firday to make the flight.

Couldn't make it back till wednesday night though. What a shame...an extra day on the beach. Whatever shall i do.... :o