Singapore Expats Forum

Cockroach's Flying

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mulatto
Regular
Regular

Postby mulatto » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:49 pm

LuxEterna wrote:ksl,
your cat knows how to drown cockroaches??? amazing.

indeed. but do you know they produce hissing sound too? scary. especially one of the large, dark brown-striped cockroaches which i did NOT find here in SG.

jeez, writing about las cucarachas makes me squirm... :?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:59 pm

ONly the hissing cockroaches that they use on fear factor as a dining delicacy. :lol:

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:39 am

So i wonder how roaches detect the difference between an earthquake, construction piling, a truck driving past or just me falling out of bed. All vibrations :???:

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hibri2 » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 6:41 pm

bigfilsing wrote:So i wonder how roaches detect the difference between an earthquake, construction piling, a truck driving past or just me falling out of bed. All vibrations :???:

no expert here, but the vibrations you mention started to be part of the general cockroach (collective [evolution]) consciousness in the last few thousand years (for construction), less than a century (for trucks) and some decades (for you falling out of the bed)... so maybe the cockroaches have not had the time to get confused with the new vibrations and those vibrations generated by something they have been exposed for as long as they have been here.

that or maybe something in relation with the physics of an earthquake that are peculiar to it (magnetism? heat?) or maybe because they are more successful organisms and are just better adapted to survive and prevent population casualties related to "natural" disasters.
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

mulatto
Regular
Regular

Postby mulatto » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ONly the hissing cockroaches that they use on fear factor as a dining delicacy. :lol:

roaches are chickens' PSP...damn, they love flippin' them around till those critters could dance no more!