Singapore Expats Forum

BBQ, Pool and Sangria Party - 20 January 2007

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Moonbeam_River

BBQ, Pool and Sangria Party - 20 January 2007

Postby Moonbeam_River » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 8:23 am

Hi All,

I am an international Singaporean girl who has gotten in touch with many expats here in Singapore and would like to continue to know more : )

You are invited to spend this Saturday Night 20 January with me and my friends to celebrate my 28th birthday at a BBQ, Pool and Sangria party at

3 Tanah Merah Kechil Road
#04-02 The Tanamera
Singapore 466664

Venue: Poolside
Time: From 630 pm till late

See map below. The condominium is located within a 3 minute walk from Tanah Merah MRT Station.

http://./asia_tra ... =1&level=5

Dinner, Sangria and basic alcohol will be provided. You are welcome to bring your own drinks or foods that you will enjoy. Do RSVP me early at 98150179. It is also a housewarming party for the owner so you are welcome to come warm up the place!

Apologies for the late post but would love it if you can make it. Text me early to let me know if you are coming and who you are bringing along.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Regards,
MoonBeam

Moonbeam_River

Postby Moonbeam_River » Sat, 20 Jan 2007 3:05 pm

Hey All,

I forgot to add that we are mostly a bunch of expat crowd from all parts of the world. If you haven't made any Sat night plans yet, do give me a buzz. I think we should have enough food for all.

Cheers,
Moonbeam

greenrover

Postby greenrover » Sat, 20 Jan 2007 6:47 pm

Good luck with the weather! Hope it clears up and does not dampen your high spirits...

dinki di

Hi Moon Beam!

Postby dinki di » Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:28 pm

Hi Moon beam - so-called "International" Singaporean girl...

Is your life so sad that you have to resort to an expat page to invite strangers to your birthday party? In Australia, we would happily call you a "loser". Where are you friends you've made growing up - school, uni, work??? Hello? Is it me or does anyone think this a wee bit of a "freakshow"?

Have a nice day.

jpatokal

Re: Hi Moon Beam!

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 21 Jan 2007 8:15 pm

dinki di wrote:Is your life so sad that you have to resort to an expat page to invite strangers to your birthday party? In Australia, we would happily call you a "loser".

On Singaporeexpats.com, that term is reserved for people who spend their Saturday evenings at home slagging off total strangers, especially those who have been kind enough to invite even mouthbreathers like you to their parties. :roll:

Where are you friends you've made growing up - school, uni, work???

This is kinda far out, but maybe, just maybe, they're... gasp... not in Singapore? :shock:
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

dinki di

Postby dinki di » Mon, 22 Jan 2007 2:11 pm

On Singaporeexpats.com, that term is reserved for people who spend their Saturday evenings at home slagging off total strangers, especially those who have been kind enough to invite even mouthbreathers like you to their parties. :roll:

Hello? Last time I checked, PM is in the afternoon...

This is kinda far out, but maybe, just maybe, they're... gasp... not in Singapore? :shock:[/quote]

You mean ALL of them? Are you kidding? Maybe she is an obnoxious little SPG who have no local friends...me thinks that is a more credible answer.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Mon, 22 Jan 2007 6:27 pm

Dinki-Di,

I find your comments very offensive and do not warrant the vitriol that you seem to pour into them. And no, moonbean is not a loser or an SPG. Instead she was a gracious host and took the opportunity to also let a newcomer to Singapore get to know more people and her friends (who incidently are a bunch of nice hardworking, and fun loving people).

It does not matter where you are from, the bottom line is everyone works hard for a living. And for those away from thier own homes, friends are the next thing to a family. And if events like this BBQ gives you an oppoturnity to meet people and expand your own horizon, then I am not sure why would anyone want to call the person hosting ugly names.

I find it very surprising that you choose to pass judgement without knowing the person and I assume you do not even know the person. Very disappointing and sad. :-(

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 23 Jan 2007 2:46 am

dinki di wrote:Hi Moon beam - so-called "International" Singaporean girl...

Is your life so sad that you have to resort to an expat page to invite strangers to your birthday party? In Australia, we would happily call you a "loser". Where are you friends you've made growing up - school, uni, work??? Hello? Is it me or does anyone think this a wee bit of a "freakshow"?

Have a nice day.

Well didn't this just backfire a little, Ha ha ha :D and it had to come from an Aussie, probably a gay one at that! What a deplorable person you must be. (Not that I have anything against gays) other than they can be real bitches at times, especially if they are ignored.