Singapore Expats

Housing insurance

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 3:59 pm

Housing insurance

Post by Toto_Marten » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 4:57 pm

Does anyone know anything about if I should get an insurance of my condo which I rented here in Singapore? Does the landlord in general have an insurance if an accident would happen? Is it advisable to take an insurance by myself? If so, does anyone know a good insurance, and what the costs could be?


Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 4:46 pm

Post by LetThereBeLight » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:36 pm

Usually the landlord will have bought insurance for structural damage (pillars, walls, ceilings) due to fire, etc. But if you'd like to get better coverage, you can look around for home insurance that covers you for theft of your belongings, your own personal accidental, as well as stuff like public liability (for example if you hang your clothes out to dry, and your drying pole drops and injure someone, and they sue you for charges).

Not sure what else you'll need though. I think it's best you speak to your landlord and find out some details first. :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests