Singapore Expats

hi :wave:

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

hi :wave:

Post by lost_canuck » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 2:54 pm

:D ran a poll many months ago about relocating to singapore and well here we are, just wanted to say hi and thank the people for the responding.

Hubby has a three year posting and we have a flat and stuff :) now I need to meet friends. So hello :wave:

yslee80my
Regular
Regular

Post by yslee80my » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 3:32 pm

Welcome to the forum.. Hope you enjoy your stay here ... :D :D
"Dont dwell on the kindness you perform to others but always remember kindness that others perform to you"

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Re: hi :wave:

Post by BearHug » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 5:30 pm

lost_canuck wrote::D ran a poll many months ago about relocating to singapore and well here we are, just wanted to say hi and thank the people for the responding.

Hubby has a three year posting and we have a flat and stuff :) now I need to meet friends. So hello :wave:
A BIG WELCOME TO SINGAPORE FOR YOU & FAMILY.
TheTimeIsAlwaysRightToDoWhatIsRight. Image

brightmoonx

Post by brightmoonx » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 8:11 pm

welcome! hope you enjoy your stay! where in canada are u from?
Live it up! :)

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 1:23 pm

thank you :)

I am originally from Calgary, Alberta, but been livin in the UK for 6 years prior to landing here, hence the name. :)

So tell me when do the downpours stop? good lord now this has been a rain storm

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Post by BearHug » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 3:13 pm

lost_canuck wrote:thank you :)

I am originally from Calgary, Alberta, but been livin in the UK for 6 years prior to landing here, hence the name. :)

So tell me when do the downpours stop? good lord now this has been a rain storm
:) My best bet will be end of January. It is always pouring around this time here. Like a replacement for snow in US or Europe. Don't pray too hard for it to stop cuz when itz hot, itz gonna be really HOT. ;)
TheTimeIsAlwaysRightToDoWhatIsRight. Image

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 4:19 pm

I know I shouldn't complain one day I will be wanting the rain back but this recent rain is bleh, I suppose I won't melt if I go out in it but well, the frizz the frizz or wet head is not pretty. Image

brightmoonx

Post by brightmoonx » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:51 am

yeah shitty rain , hate the rain been rainign too much since i got here in feb last yr... got caught in the rain this morning going to work 30 mins late in my super cool rain coat but then the It guy messed up my access code to go into the office and this evening i left my rain coat there now i cant get into the office till monday. bah! cool i've been to calgary in 2000 summer, love it.. everyone is so friendly... love the cutesy wild life, went to the stampede and did the heritage parkm and banff radium hot springs etc etc... my ex bf was from moose jaw hahaha parents now lived in calgary.....

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:48 am

well maybe it won't rain again til monday (yeah right) :lol: and what wildlife are yopu talking about in Calgary? I think it is rather cool you've been there :) and I miss the stampede and banff, of course when I lived there I hardly went because it was all right there. But the stampede was always good fun, who can beat cowboys in tight jeans?

But I tell you after living in London people here are pretty easy going comparatively.

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:16 pm

Glad you made it and welcome :cool:
Be Like Water

brightmoonx

Post by brightmoonx » Sun, 14 Jan 2007 2:57 am

i could see wild bunnies running around at the backyard of his parents'... and i like the gophers ahhaah.. cute! :) and lotsa and lotsa space.. we were so jetlagged driving from regina to saskatoon went into the ditch on the highway twice ahahah.. the roads are all so straight and boring and just big wide open space!

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:27 pm

brightmoon: yes this is true, very boring roads, I never noticed until I lived in the UK for 6 years, and then drove to the coast from calgary, not many bends, glad you survived tho *l* and ahh gophers I forgot all about those.

and thanks banfa :)

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:50 pm

Singaporeans are a funny bunch of people .When its hot ,they complain "Aiyah why so hot ?" Cant take it"
But when it rains and is cool ,they say " Oh God, dont tell me its raining again.Shit lah how to go out " ? hahahahhaha :D

In other words, they are always complaining for some thing or the other
Always have a smile on that face!

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 1:17 pm

chix: I think this is a world unifier, everyone does that, from coast to coast in Canada, and shore to shore in the UK and Singapore, I think it is world wide, nobody is happy *lol* But hey when the sun shines I am a happy bunny, melted spot in the middle of the road but still smiling Image

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 1:44 pm

Hey thats nice to know that you are a happy bunny..maybe can try hoping to clementi where I am hahhaha but dont get LOST :D
Always have a smile on that face!

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”