Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Crawl Sat 20Jan

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Pub Crawl Sat 20Jan

Postby La Di Da » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 8:51 am

A group of us got together back in Nov for a pub crawl in Boat Quay, we had hoped to arrange another in Dec but the Xmas parties & hols took over! So, lets meet for a New Year drink and see how many bars we can cover this time round, there's lots of new places in Clarke Quay so we thought we'd start there and then maybe throw in some disco dancing \:D/ somewhere later on in the evening!

Starting point: Crazy Elephant (outside)
Finishing point: ????
Time: 8pm
Date: Sat20Jan

For those of you that participated in Nov, it would be great to see you all again!! And, if you didnt then but want to now, great, the more the merrier!!

PM me for contact details,

Cheers,
:girl:

mho

Postby mho » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:30 pm

I am interested.

Abt Crazy Elephant , been there once .
Call me a whiner but I wasn't impressed with the soggy garlic bread , very spotty service and the silly lewd 'jokes' on those flat panels. Music not great either.

Only the beer held it up - so , if its crawling from there on - only then its worth it.

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

starting point ...

Postby La Di Da » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:13 pm

mho, good points, soggy garlic bread is never a good experience!!
We'll just be using it as a meeting point for 1 or 2 drinks, most folks know Crazy Elephant so it's a good place to start at, would imagine we'd move on by 9pm to the next place ......

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:18 pm

mho wrote:Abt Crazy Elephant , been there once .
Call me a whiner but I wasn't impressed with the soggy garlic bread , very spotty service and the silly lewd 'jokes' on those flat panels. Music not great either.

Only the beer held it up - so , if its crawling from there on - only then its worth it.

Aiyah - Different day different experience.

Crazy Elephant is my favourite place to hang on Clarke Quay - Near the river in the open air and the service has always been good. I have to agree with the food though - Not very good and could do with some improvement.
Be Like Water

legaleagle

Postby legaleagle » Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:40 pm

that sounds wicked. I'd definitely be up for that. Unfortunately, I can't pm you for details due to insufficient posts. (:

mho

Postby mho » Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:43 pm

legaleagle , I too was in your place wrt the PM thing
well, all you need is 5 posts to start PMing....go and add ur 2 cents on any 3 threads and voila

ria3n
Regular
Regular

Postby ria3n » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 1:36 am

never been there ,maybe can consider.. hows the cover ?

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Postby La Di Da » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 8:23 am

ria3n wrote:never been there ,maybe can consider.. hows the cover ?

Sorry, not sure I understand "hows the cover" - do you mean how many people are going? Difficult to say, last time there were about 30+ of us, depends who turns up I guess ......

Cheers,

Makan24-7
Regular
Regular

Postby Makan24-7 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 5:45 pm

Haha, if you've been in SG long enough, u'll get used to how "thrifty" Singaporeans and SE Asians are with words...

When put in a proper sentence, it reads, "How much is the cover charge for entry into the joint?"

LOL... Not your fault, not your fault... One of the lil' quirks of being here. LOL...

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Oh right .....

Postby La Di Da » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 6:35 pm

Makan 24-7, thanks for the clarification! I've been here a while now but I admit I havent managed to pick up on all these phrases, it's a new language to me, I'm learning, I'm learning ...........!

ria3 - there is no cover charge at Crazy Elephant, it's just a bar and we plan to go to a few bars, hence the "pub crawl" however, may end up in a club later on which no doubt will have a charge, can't say anymore than that at this stage as we'll just see how the night goes.

Cheers,

Kevedo

Postby Kevedo » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 7:49 am

On the assumption that this is still going ahead, count me in (plus a new post should raise the visibility of this thread and maybe get some more replies).

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

It's on !

Postby La Di Da » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 8:58 am

Morning all,

Just to confirm the pub crawl is going ahead tomorrow night, there's been quite a response and so it should be a good night. I think I've replied to evetyone with a contact no, so looking forward to seeing you all there!!

Cheers,

alvinh

Postby alvinh » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:13 pm

I am joining, will be going for the pool before this. Looking forward to see you guys.

little devil

sounds brilliant

Postby little devil » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 2:18 pm

hey la di da looking forward to the crawl tomorow night should be a lough.was there last time and had a good time.will bring some friends along.oh and happy new year. :evil:

brightmoonx

Postby brightmoonx » Sat, 20 Jan 2007 1:34 am

Cover charge ranges between 20 to 25 I suppose. Dont remember anymore. I just pay. If you are out for fun, why worry about paying?
Enjoy the company and the booze! See y'all tomorrow night!
Im so, so shattered now. Going to bed
Live it up! :)